Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

You sold your toys for what ?????

97K views 649 replies 57 participants last post by  bbaXJ 
#1 · (Edited)
So I SOLD all my toys to come up with the down payment on this Shit box and the 92 Acres it is setting on. The owner owned it just for the hunting and rented the house out over the past 31 years to say the inside was in need of some up dates would be an under statement.

I Still have a long ways to go but we are getting there

See less See more
#41 ·
What a project! We have been in our house for just over 4 years. The scope of work it needed paled in comparison to what you are doing. We are still not done. Seeing your progress makes me feel like a loser! Thanks for the inspiration to finish mine! The goal is to be done this year.

#43 ·
This place was being sold buy a fighting family estate.:finger: It took us 8 :( months and 12 different revisions to the original purchase agreement :sonicjay: there is one family member :blah: that just needed to use every opportunity he could to stir the others up.:poke: The house was on the market for just a little under 3 years. At the end of the day we got it for 5,000 over what we thought we would settle for but we negotiated 100% of the mineral rights and are now receiving a bigger percentage from the Oil wells next door. :beerbang: The financing on this house and land got to the point of needing a PHD in what-the-fuck :naughty: in order to figure it out but at the end of the day my payment is less than $1000 a month and every quarter we get a leftover check from the Oil Company. :woot:

RBB

#49 ·
I'll play devils advocate here....

You can live in a truck, you can't drive a house.

Just before I bought my house I almost bought a LT ranger, a friend of a friend was looking at possibly unloading it. A small part of me wishes. The rest is glad I have a house.

#50 · (Edited)
After spending a good part of my Sunday fixing bad spots in the floor :(

it was time to go out back and play for a hour or two :rock:

and then do a little more exploring I found this

right about here

I will need to get it cleaned up before next year so we can play on it also :woot:

Random Deer trail :naughty:

BIG ASS TREE

Found another tree stand :rock:

All in All it was a fun day at the Farm

RBB

#54 ·
took the day off work to work on the HSE yesterday got a ton done :woot:

As u can see the windows will not work with the new bathroom floor plan :(

So out they go

time for a bigger hole :woot:

Were getting there

2x4 straightening tool :woot: