Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Mall rated sheep build aka "the other gray LJ"

208K views 2K replies 80 participants last post by  green50gt 
#1 · (Edited)
So I went and did something I never thought I'd do, I bought a Jeep.

Found a 04 LJ at daveys jeeps in Ohio. Of course it's a salvage title, but that doesn't bother me. Had front end damage. Grille, fenders, hood, radiator. Other then that it is pretty clean and interior is spotless. Higher miles at 200k, but runs out good.

I decided on a Jeep because I wanted the convertible type rig that was 4x4. And an eb in similar condition would be three times the cost. Not a lot of other options. I felt I was putting to many miles dd'ing my f350 so I would pick something up for spring/summer/fall.
Build process by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr

Build process by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr

See less See more
#84 ·
Every single TJ/LJ I've ever seen had 2 top, 1 bottom. Hell, it's where the stock tow hooks mount.

#86 ·
Been busy, received my gears and lockers. Woke up sick this weekend. Still managed to get the rear setup Sunday.

Not impressed with the USA standards, setup decent, decent pattern. But noisy..

And for being my first time setting up an air locker, fawk that lol. They suck.

#95 ·
Unhappy with my rear gear set. Unhappy enough that I ordered a new set. Just to noisy, and just don't like how they setup. I've read alot of complaints on the USA standards being noisy. I rolled the dice and lost lol. I have them in the buggy and have used them in other rigs w/o complaints. But those were all trailered rigs. This one is different. Trying to keep it nice, as well my wife drives it as much as I do.

Flame suit on :teehee:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.