Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "Dirthead 509" TJ Project
View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2020, 12:40 PM   #1082
feva4u
LCG HIJKLMNOP

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

It's been 8 or so years since I've used this thing. It took me a while to remember what I was doing and I still missed my centerline by an inch.

My top is destroyed but it keeps the garbage off me so I'm trying to at least keep it as an option with the cage. At the end of the day I didn't want to put a bar right in front of kids faces, but that was really the only reasonable place to go with my seatbelt bar that allows for a harness on the passenger seat in the future. I could have done some funky stuff to keep the passenger side open but it's all a compromise at the end of the day. The good news is that this isn't my final cage so if I don't like it, I can discuss options with Metrofab to do it differently on the next one.

At some point in the last outing I hit something pretty hard. It bent the corner, split the weld on the tub and pinched the top to the tub. Not a big deal except the waterproof cover I have for future winter wheeling/ice creaming need to use that area. I guess I'm going into the body work business for a couple hours at some point in the future.

Page generated in 0.18740 seconds with 24 queries