Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Advice needed on trail cameras
View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2019, 10:26 AM   #9
wrath
Project Antitube

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to wrath

Menards has Terra Lightsout 12mp cameras on clearance for $40. That means after 11% rebate and plus tax they're like $38. I've been buying the Samsung 32MB cards Amazon has for 5/$28. So for roughly $45 you have a game camera that takes 720p video. I bought six more in the last month. I think I have ~12 of these now. They're probably my favorite because they're easy to open to pull the card and the batteries. Most of my other ones from them are an epic PITA to open. I finally had one failure.

I have at least 20 game cameras in the woods. This past week I found one I forgot about and the last video it took was in March 2018. haha.

My long-term goal is to get remote-monitored cameras out there.

The trespassing pressure is insane this year. Twice in the last week I've seen people out there when walking the dog. One guy was "picking up leaves for a school project" but magically had a small nylon bag with what sounded like tree spikes rattling around inside and no way to carry leaves. The other was two people that I didn't talk to, they made a hasty exit... I didn't see them until they were on their way in the other direction. They didn't have anything on them or in their hands though. So might be just looky-loos.

Last year I didn't see any evidence of a single person out there...
wrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.13515 seconds with 23 queries