Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Advice needed on trail cameras
View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2019, 07:33 PM   #8
Coyote Red

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath View Post
I live by the failed eco farm.

The break-ins are usually from drug addicts. The cops usually figure out which one within a week but by then they've already gotten rid of the easy to fence stuff. I think the last two have been from that brick shithole across from Jet's. Usually the Sheriff comes first since we're not in the city then they kick it to Chelsea Podunk because they realize it is probably one of their frequent flyers.

Once in a while we have people go door to door trying under guise to try to sell shit or services. Then they drive by late at night to count cars and lights. Usually a week or two after that is when the break-ins happen and it is usually during the day.

My mailbox gets sniped by drunks at least a couple times a year. Speaking of which, we're overdue.

I have a bunch of Terra and Cloak model Wildgame Innovations cameras. They use 940nm LEDs. The range is severely limited vs normal 850nm LEDs (the ones you can see the red glow on if you don't put a filter on them). Their regular ones probably have an easy 80' range. The 940nm is good for about 45'. In reality, at about 45' is when you can't tell what it is anyway in video mode. I only use video mode in all of my cameras.
Glad you mentioned that, the Terra and Cloak were both versions I had been looking at. I would be using them for camera stills on game trails. I will have tp keep this in mind.

We are far enough out that if we call 911 Washtenaw county just sends state police. Last time they were out here they said that this area is known for "sorting out the problems without their help".
Coyote Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.11645 seconds with 23 queries