Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Advice needed on trail cameras
View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2019, 10:27 PM   #2
wrath
Project Antitube

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to wrath

I have about a dozen or so from Wildgame Innovations that are "modern". Most of them are 8-10mp but I also have some ancient ones from them from 15+ years ago. I leave them on video with a 32GB card in them. Lasts about 3 months before the 8x AA batteries are toast and that's about when they run out of capacity on the card. I usually get them on clearance at Menards after hunting season is over in the $30-40 range the last few years.

The ones with the 940nm infrared LEDs are the way to go.

Depending on where they're going to be, the intent, and the distance from the house, I'd consider solar panels and wireless cameras if you think you can reach them. I've largely switched to running POE or solar wireless cameras everywhere. Most of my cameras are now Reolink with a SDcard slot as that's all I've been buying the last few years as cameras die/add more cameras. Probably at 50+ cameras now? Can pick up the cheapie POE 5mp cameras for ~$38 on sale and throw a 64GB SDcard in it. Then just monitor/record centrally certain cameras.
wrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.13970 seconds with 23 queries