Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest (https://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumindex.php)
-   The Pub (https://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Power Tank refill (https://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=458564)

Little Dave May 22nd, 2019 04:11 PM

Power Tank refill

I just got a 10lb power tank and I'm having a hard time finding a place to fill it. Anyone know or have had their tank filled on the west side Ludington/Muskegon area? I'm going to keep calling around but so far all I get is everyone wants to exchange tanks not fill them.

jeepfreak81 May 22nd, 2019 04:23 PM

Fire extinguisher service places will do it, they are usually about double the cost of the welding shop though.

Lessors over here is an $11 fill, the extinguisher shop is $20

Lousypirate May 22nd, 2019 10:26 PM

You try Purity in Muskegon? Ask for Cody Maxlow. Tell him Adam Deuling @Deuling and Jake Yonker @Lousypirate sent you

Little Dave May 23rd, 2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lousypirate (Post 6401252)
You try Purity in Muskegon? Ask for Cody Maxlow. Tell him Adam Deuling @Deuling and Jake Yonker @Lousypirate sent you

Thanks. Cody was very helpful they donít fill the tanks so it will be sent out.

Lousypirate May 23rd, 2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Dave (Post 6401282)
Thanks. Cody was very helpful they donít fill the tanks so it will be sent out.

They must send em down to the one on 28th st in grand rapids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CheapThrillB2 May 24th, 2019 09:27 AM

I work a few doors down from purity on 28th street. That's where I take mine. Sometimes I can convince them to fill it right then and there. But most the time they have it for a week.

Tjs May 24th, 2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Dave (Post 6401244)
I just got a 10lb power tank and I'm having a hard time finding a place to fill it. Anyone know or have had their tank filled on the west side Ludington/Muskegon area? I'm going to keep calling around but so far all I get is everyone wants to exchange tanks not fill them.

have you tried a dive shop

Little Dave May 26th, 2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjs (Post 6401312)
have you tried a dive shop

The tank is filled with liquid c02 Iíd be surprised if a dive shop would have anything to do with it.

jaymcjay June 3rd, 2019 09:25 AM

If you ever get super hard up I can fill it from my 50 pounder in my garage while you wait. I'm in West Olive. not super close to you, but not a million miles away.

Other places to look are brewing shops and head shops/grow stores. Beer guys use CO2 for pushing beer, potheads flood their grow rooms during the day (or night?) to increase plant growth or something.......

Little Dave June 3rd, 2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymcjay (Post 6401734)
If you ever get super hard up I can fill it from my 50 pounder in my garage while you wait. I'm in West Olive. not super close to you, but not a million miles away.

Other places to look are brewing shops and head shops/grow stores. Beer guys use CO2 for pushing beer, potheads flood their grow rooms during the day (or night?) to increase plant growth or something.......

Thanks I got it filled so I'm good now. Depending on how much I end up using it Ill get a 50lb syphon tank. From what google says I should be able to get 6lbs just by equalizing without a pump.