Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest (https://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumindex.php)
-   Rig Builds and Pics (https://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Roxor Crawler Build (https://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=456208)

RDK_YJ88 August 12th, 2018 01:08 PM

Roxor Crawler Build
 
Just picked it up yesterday, it is the Roxor Classic II. With the classic II you get nothing but aluminum wheels and BFG A/Ts. Should be the perfect platform for our build. The thing is pretty neat and brings out the inner Jeep nerd in me. The plan is to basically base it off the classic CJ/YJ/TJ crawler platform. I've already bent the front bumper and put a nice ding in the oil pan.

Immediate plans:

-Bumpers (fronts already been designed)
-Rock Sliders
-Rear corner armor
-Skid plates
-Shackle lift
-Lockers
-Bigger M/T tires

Future Plans:

-Waggy/Scout Dana 44s for the added width
-35" Trepadors Bias
-Cage
-Links/Coilovers
-Place holder for future use.


https://i.imgur.com/CuucK97h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5bNRhgyh.jpg

Alex456123 August 12th, 2018 02:42 PM

Base platform to design new products off of? Excited to see what you do.

Also aren't the stock axles under it Dana 44 clones? I heard they take all the same components. If that was the case why not just retube them and use waggy 44 axle shafts? That way you don't have to deal with old beat down axles.

RDK_YJ88 August 12th, 2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex456123 (Post 6377870)
Base platform to design new products off of? Excited to see what you do.

Also aren't the stock axles under it Dana 44 clones? I heard they take all the same components. If that was the case why not just retube them and use waggy 44 axle shafts? That way you don't have to deal with old beat down axles.

Yes, sending the front and rear bumpers to the laser cutter tomorrow. Hopefully have them back in a couple weeks. Although, I just wanted one of these :sonicjay:, not our sole intention of purchasing it to make parts.

We could retube. Time is limited these days, so regearing an axle and welding some mounts to it sounds easier, if we can find a set when were ready.

TJontherox August 12th, 2018 07:25 PM

I have a full built scout axle setup in the for sale section that is being taken out of my TJ that had been in a CJ in it's previous life. Currently set up for links and air shocks

not sure August 13th, 2018 08:15 AM

This is awesome! This is why i still come here sometimes! Subscribed. How's the small diesel? Enough umph?

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

SHARPMACHINE August 13th, 2018 08:24 AM

Pretty cool plan. Good option for folks wanting to build something new and still kind of be old school. If you market them, I would think you may be the first company making aftermarket parts?

greygoose August 13th, 2018 08:39 AM

This is awesome! Subscribed.

Lousypirate August 13th, 2018 09:50 AM

been starting to see a few of these around. be cool to watch what you guys do with it.

green50gt August 13th, 2018 11:43 AM

Honestly I didn't know much about these, seen them a few times, pretty cool. Looks like people have figured out how to flash the PCM and loose the maximum 45mph speed limit deal.

When you have time, I did see a few technical specs on their website, might you be able to put some brief things in about it - maybe pictures and such of axles, etc.?

These are considerably less than a RZR correct? $12-15?

RDK_YJ88 August 13th, 2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not sure (Post 6377954)
This is awesome! This is why i still come here sometimes! Subscribed. How's the small diesel? Enough umph?

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Top end is pretty slow, but the torque is nice. Great little crawler engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by green50gt (Post 6377984)
Honestly I didn't know much about these, seen them a few times, pretty cool. Looks like people have figured out how to flash the PCM and loose the maximum 45mph speed limit deal.

When you have time, I did see a few technical specs on their website, might you be able to put some brief things in about it - maybe pictures and such of axles, etc.?

These are considerably less than a RZR correct? $12-15?

They are $15-18K, depending on the options. This one was $15,500, which is bare bones besides the aluminum wheels and BFG tires.

2.5l Turbo Diesel - Cast iron block and head. Cats and EGR for emissions (no DEF).

Axles are damn near identical to a Dana 44 (Front and Rear) with 5x5.5 bolt pattern. Supposedly Dana 44 parts fit inside, and you can put the older Warn Hubs on them.

The body looks like a CJ-7, but it's really a mix of all the CJ's and nothing is exactly like the CJ's. Although, supposedly any CJ5 or CJ7 windshield frame bolts on.

YooperYota August 13th, 2018 08:12 PM

Why the waggy axles? Seems like a lot of weight for a small rig. Have you considered yota 8"? They're already passenger drop, not to mention they're pretty cheap.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Kegger83cj7 August 13th, 2018 09:42 PM

I have a dana 44 offset rear out of a 74 wagoner. 3.07 gears and possible traction adder. It’s complete drum to drum. Have not pulled the cover but I used the front and it was fully functional. Pm me if remotely interested. I want it gone. No use for it.

Alex456123 August 14th, 2018 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YooperYota (Post 6378050)
Why the waggy axles? Seems like a lot of weight for a small rig. Have you considered yota 8"? They're already passenger drop, not to mention they're pretty cheap.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offset rear, plus the stockers are basically Dana 44s. So that wouldn't be adding that much weight over stock. I know the offset rear doesn't stop samurai people, but they are all hacks.

greygoose August 14th, 2018 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex456123 (Post 6378062)
Offset rear, plus the stockers are basically Dana 44s. So that wouldn't be adding that much weight over stock. I know the offset rear doesn't stop samurai people, but they are all hacks.

:sonicjay:

TJ/WILLYS August 19th, 2018 09:21 PM

I went on vacation and was able to check one of these out, up close. [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180820/98b5b67df9b23aa492d68f177c7a8e4f.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDK_YJ88 August 28th, 2018 06:39 AM

Bumpers are back from the laser cutter. Few tweaks to make and they'll be ready.

https://i.imgur.com/De1SX8nh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1HK5Uu0h.jpg

The front will have D-ring shackle mounts and some tube on it. The rear is pretty low profile. I'll have some better pics by the end of the week.

greygoose August 28th, 2018 06:49 AM

:thumb: looks good so far!

JohnnyJ August 28th, 2018 07:00 AM

Looks good. Still struggling to get used to the grille.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

greygoose August 28th, 2018 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyJ (Post 6379250)
Looks good. Still struggling to get used to the grille.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly I think it looks "normal" elsewhere in the world, but they had to change it for the US market? (thought I read that, but could be mistaken)

busyfixin August 28th, 2018 09:49 AM

What's the possibility of putting an actual CJ grille in it?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Page generated in 0.15157 seconds with 22 queries