Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest (https://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumindex.php)
-   Rig Builds and Pics (https://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   2500hd 6.0 wheeling rig build (https://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=429266)

whiterhino January 4th, 2018 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siettas81 (Post 6334561)
thank you, hopefully i can hang with all you trained wheelin professionals !!!

expect body damage.:teehee:

siettas81 January 4th, 2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiterhino (Post 6334577)
expect body damage.:teehee:

It was a rolled truck cab is already fucked & I have no problem with doors front clip and possibly bed sides some day getting messed up I expect that 110% ready to mow shit down once bumper is built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siettas81 January 4th, 2018 08:07 PM

Need front bumper ideas https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...821e66c945.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5e603b529f.jpg

sterlingfire January 4th, 2018 10:43 PM

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4446/...ca0f7b1d_z.jpg20171021_184600 by Sterlingfire 01, on Flickr
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4486/...2e70695b_z.jpg20171021_184612 by Sterlingfire 01, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4489/...1aacd127_z.jpg20171021_184621 by Sterlingfire 01, on Flickr

sterlingfire January 4th, 2018 10:46 PM

That's mine that i recently built. Has my 12k smittybuilt winch on a 5/16 plate that bolts to the bottom of the bumper and flanges to a cross member that i added. I took out my old tube cross member that goes directly behind the bumper.

siettas81 January 5th, 2018 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingfire (Post 6335001)
That's mine that i recently built. Has my 12k smittybuilt winch on a 5/16 plate that bolts to the bottom of the bumper and flanges to a cross member that i added. I took out my old tube cross member that goes directly behind the bumper.

Looks good man might have to make one like it was thinking beefy tube bumper but I dig the plate one for sure

siettas81 January 5th, 2018 04:59 AM

I want your wheels

siettas81 January 5th, 2018 06:41 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2d32600438.jpg

Picked up front shaft yesterday

sterlingfire January 5th, 2018 07:08 AM

Thanks. The bumper is made from 5x1 1/2x3/16 channel. I made the mistake of going wheeling without a bumper at all and hit a stump on a sharp corner, and bent my core support back a bit which in turn caused my coolant res to break at the connection with the hose. Ended my day early. Only real fix i needed was a new res, probably should get a core support too, but not likely until my cab swap.
The wheels are just wagon wheels with a diy beadlock from mayhem metal works. I like them a lot. Plus i haven't lost an ounce of air in 4 months, so i think i did ok on them lol.

siettas81 January 15th, 2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingfire (Post 6335105)
Thanks. The bumper is made from 5x1 1/2x3/16 channel. I made the mistake of going wheeling without a bumper at all and hit a stump on a sharp corner, and bent my core support back a bit which in turn caused my coolant res to break at the connection with the hose. Ended my day early. Only real fix i needed was a new res, probably should get a core support too, but not likely until my cab swap.

The wheels are just wagon wheels with a diy beadlock from mayhem metal works. I like them a lot. Plus i haven't lost an ounce of air in 4 months, so i think i did ok on them lol.

Awesome I will decide on a style for bumper soon lol still not sure

I ment your tires lol but rims are nice also !

siettas81 January 15th, 2018 04:42 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...660d39f64e.jpg

Garage made dash coming together & wiring, mounted standalone harness fuse box & pcm on fire wall under / behind dash, also added a summit heater since I ripped all factory dash wiring & heater out

sterlingfire January 17th, 2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siettas81 (Post 6342425)
Awesome I will decide on a style for bumper soon lol still not sure

I ment your tires lol but rims are nice also !

Lol, they are pretty sweet. They work great on heavy rigs like ours. I got lucky and traded my set of 4 brand new pro comp 40's, for this set of 5 damn near new treps. they're 37's, and crawl over damn near anything. Word on the street is that they don't work well on smooth rock, or snow though. I'm going to hit the rejects run at r+v the weekend of the 26th, so i should find out then how they work in the snow.

Your dash is turning out pretty dope! I like the simplicity of it. Should work pretty good.

When are you taking this thing out, and where?

siettas81 January 17th, 2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingfire (Post 6343625)
Lol, they are pretty sweet. They work great on heavy rigs like ours. I got lucky and traded my set of 4 brand new pro comp 40's, for this set of 5 damn near new treps. they're 37's, and crawl over damn near anything. Word on the street is that they don't work well on smooth rock, or snow though. I'm going to hit the rejects run at r+v the weekend of the 26th, so i should find out then how they work in the snow.

Your dash is turning out pretty dope! I like the simplicity of it. Should work pretty good.

When are you taking this thing out, and where?

Awesome deal hope I come across one like that, donít think Iíll every be able to buy new ones lol

Thanks it should work good nice and easy

Have few more things to finish up but plan to be at dog party February 17th but I would like to do a shake down test before, maybe mounds since it is close to me. Never been to rocks & valley but would like to check it out sometime !

sterlingfire January 17th, 2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siettas81 (Post 6343641)
Awesome deal hope I come across one like that, donít think Iíll every be able to buy new ones lol

Thanks it should work good nice and easy

Have few more things to finish up but plan to be at dog party February 17th but I would like to do a shake down test before, maybe mounds since it is close to me. Never been to rocks & valley but would like to check it out sometime !

R+V is pretty cool. I've been twice with mine. I could fit most places, only one time did i have to find a bypass because i couldn't make a turn that had a very large berm with 2 trees that i would've had to be I the exact right position to squeeze through. This is the reason I'm going to the np205 transfer case with twin sticks and the underdrive unit. Front digs would make a bunch of tight places easier to get through. They 5.33:1 low will make it easier to crawl more technical sections as well. Still waiting on the underdrive unit though, hoping to see it next week. Then i can start building that and rebuilding my 205.

siettas81 January 17th, 2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingfire (Post 6343649)
R+V is pretty cool. I've been twice with mine. I could fit most places, only one time did i have to find a bypass because i couldn't make a turn that had a very large berm with 2 trees that i would've had to be I the exact right position to squeeze through. This is the reason I'm going to the np205 transfer case with twin sticks and the underdrive unit. Front digs would make a bunch of tight places easier to get through. They 5.33:1 low will make it easier to crawl more technical sections as well. Still waiting on the underdrive unit though, hoping to see it next week. Then i can start building that and rebuilding my 205.

Yeah I have a few jeep buddyís on 1 tons that go, canít wait to go with them this summer

What T case & axle gears are you running right now again ?

sterlingfire January 17th, 2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siettas81 (Post 6343657)
Yeah I have a few jeep buddyís on 1 tons that go, canít wait to go with them this summer

What T case & axle gears are you running right now again ?

I've got 4.88, and an np 241. 2.72:1 just isn't low enough.

siettas81 January 17th, 2018 02:07 PM

2500hd 6.0 wheeling rig build

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingfire (Post 6343673)
I've got 4.88, and an np 241. 2.72:1 just isn't low enough.

I am np2.41 2.72 also & 5.38

sterlingfire January 17th, 2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siettas81 (Post 6343681)
Iím np2.41 2.72 also & 5.38

The 5.38 will help, but i bet on the real technical stuff you'll want lower crawl speeds. I thought I'd be ok until i went to r+v, i learned quick that it's still too fast in low when you're crawling over 6 boulders in a row:sonicjay:

siettas81 January 17th, 2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingfire (Post 6343689)
The 5.38 will help, but i bet on the real technical stuff you'll want lower crawl speeds. I thought I'd be ok until i went to r+v, i learned quick that it's still too fast in low when you're crawling over 6 boulders in a row:sonicjay:

Yeah for sure Iím sure Iíll want to change lots of stuff -witch I already do, but I just wanna drive it for now lol

What day are you going to R&V next weekend ?

koochman450r January 17th, 2018 03:16 PM

I don't mind my 241 and 5.13's. not nearly the same as my ranger with a manual and doubler. But it works good at slow stuff

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk