Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

anyone wheel a diesel?

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Cat_Rebel 
#1 ·
well i have no need for my diesel but if i sell it i'm gonna loose my ass as far as what i still owe and what i think it's worth. but i've got some 38's that would be cool on it. 94 f250 with the 7.3 turbo. it's got 4:10s so the tires would help the highway rpms. any thoughts.

but i would only use it at the dunes and daily driveing

#10 · (Edited)
to each their own. I'm not a big jeep fan, so I use my truck...if my truck is too big for the situation, I use my RZR.

And you really dont need to worry about a "power band" on a diesel truck, low RPM's and tons of torque is where its at. My 38's and 3.73's have never let me down...I dont rock crawl or anything, but I have never not made it up a hill on the dunes with it.

#15 ·
Took my 93 without a turbo through some stuff before, never fully stuck but close to it.
Almost got her stuck in my buddy's back yard, unloaded & no locker in the back the front wanted to just sink in in the mud. Weight of the engine + a 150lbs bumper ain't the best combo...:junk:
Atleast had a turbo on it this time. :sonicjay:

Will it do it........Yes

Is it the right tool for the job....not exactly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.