July 28th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I am the law.
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
SOLD- Very clean/solid 1978 CJ-5, *PICS UP* - $3500 for all
This is Pumpshop4's 1978 CJ-5. Ideally, he'd like to trade it for a boat suitable for fishing and large enough for taking the family out on the lake. Pontoons and open-bow inboard/outboard style boats will be considered. PM pictures of what you might have. Outright sale of the CJ is also fine.
- Extremely clean and solid body. Floors are excellent. Former DNR vehicle that was well-cared for. Includes front clip and windshield. Clean title also included to whomever buys the tub.$1500
- Outstanding frame with fabricated bumpers front & rear. includes all fuel lines, new tank/sender, all brake lines, steering box, and other items generally associated with the frame. $1000
- Black full soft top & doors. $200
- Well-running 258/T-150/D20. Lower miles. No real reason to disturb it unless you really want a V8 or something else. $300
- FSJ NT D44's (uninstalled). Also comes with 2 sets if LP D44 4.10 gears (uninstalled), one of which is still on the carrier (also included). Front is 1976-ish with flat-tops and factory OTK steering, rear is a late Grand Wagoneer (centered with track bar mount). Rear is 3.31. Front is 3.07. $400
- Aftermarket fold/tumble rear seat. $150
- Unmolested, uncut beautiful factory dash.$150
- Factory driveshafts are still on the vehicle. $50/pair
- Roll cage (sitting in tub, but not "installed" yet) with integrated front seat mounts. $500
- 4:1 T-18 (uninstalled, but bolts in place of the T-150) $150
- Brand-new fuel tank & sending unit. Skid included. $150
- New body mount kit. Included with tub.
I'll add more details as I think of them. Prices are subject to change and some items have bene removed in favor of their own threads. The vehicle is currently on jackstands in my pole barn with the entire suspension removed, as we were about to add the D44's SOA with the XJ leafs in the rear and YJ leafs in the front with the full-width kit.
This is an excellent CJ-5 project platform considering how clean the body and frame are. Even still has the muffler heat shield underneath.
$3500 firm for everything listed. If you would prefer an AMC V8, I have a healthy 304 than can be bought separately.
Last edited by PävementPounder; August 16th, 2008 at 04:36 PM.