Been a while for this. ~Ask deke about religion~ - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 20th, 2006, 10:53 AM   #41
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,098
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miffy
As Humans we seem to need leaders. I can see the points of most that do not believe. Yet there are so many things in life that can not be answered.
Religon not only offers those answers but tells you if you dont believe the answer that you're going to hell.
So when your grandson comes home and says, grammie the art teacher told me my finger painting of a rabbit looks like a coffee cup smoking a joint and if I dont agree he's going to kill me" you know what religion is basicly doing.

Quote:
The human brain they say is only useing a small percent to carry on with every day life as most humans do.
I only think we use 10% of our hearts /WC
Carry on? Man...asain women must use like .0000000000000000001% of their brain to drive. cause lords knows they cant operate a motor powered anything
Quote:
Question's we all seem to ask of how and why thing happen. Are they just fate?
fate is an intresting question. Watch the kitchen scene in the matrix. its proposes some serious insight.

Quote:
Do we control what happens with out knowing it ?
By me opening the window at my house, Did I turn on the number 3 reactor at the power station? beats me.

Quote:
Are some people lucky or are they just smarter in useing others.
Social manliputation .... intresting question. The bible is king at that given the facts as they stand. You have BILLIONS of people ruining their lives by BILLIONS of other peoples beliefs for a book that has no solid proof on its claims. Sure theres some fact, but does a little fact here and there make the rest of it true?

Quote:
Or is there a higher being that is guiding what happens here ? And what about Nostradamus?? what about his wrighting? Should we not all be thinking that he is some kind of God also? His wrighting were back befor any type of air planes, etc. yet he seems to see things that have happend . yet others will read the same thing and say just a lucky guess and point out how many things did not happend in his wrighting?
He's a very intresting writer thats for sure. Again I'm at work and dont wanna get in over my head on this. I'm not ignoring the questions raised but i am back logged at work today

Quote:
Or is it just as humans most need to Believe in something?

There that should keep you busy for a while!
That right there is the biggest questions. its really a shit situation. if the majority believes nothing then there is no control. I'll mention the matrix again. The scene where the creator explains some stuff out. Gee rejection of perfect? Shocking. Its basicly what I'm thinking. There is no perfect.


It did. Off to the server room I go
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 20th, 2006, 10:55 AM   #42
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,098
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Stocker
I haven't really been paying attention lately but did the GP get fired?

Obviously you have a craving for Deke.. even if it involves beating the exact same dead horse over and over again...


Why don't you find something interesting to talk about for once instead of starting the same threads over and over again...
Go read the threads.

Drama? Questioning shit like this isnt . Go ask miff or immortal or Gman or bill. What you see here you percieve as . I see it as open source thinking. My ability to write it down and have someone be that DA and make me think harder on it.

You want i'm sure I can make a trolling thread on unions or GM or something else worthy.
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 11:17 AM   #43
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,142
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke
Go read the threads.

Drama? Questioning shit like this isnt . Go ask miff or immortal or Gman or bill. What you see here you percieve as . I see it as open source thinking. My ability to write it down and have someone be that DA and make me think harder on it.

You want i'm sure I can make a trolling thread on unions or GM or something else worthy.
Not another union thread

I'm just wondering why you constantly chose religion as your way of expanding your thinking. There are plenty of other things out there to reason with that are new topics and can still follow your expansion into human psychology. It seems more or less like you are continuously trying to understand the thought processes of your fellow man which is a great thing and "open source" thinking is a way to introduce new and fresh ideas... if you chose a topic that isn't already beaten to death...

Go open source on the American public in a different way. Leave the religion stuff behind for a second and we'll discuss another condition of not the world.. but America...

Why is it that so many people are so outraged and distressed about soldier's and other American's dying overseas when more people die at the hands of their countrymen everyday?

Look at the number of violent crimes (murder especially) in this country. We kill ourselves at a MUCH higher rate than Iraqi's kill our servicemen. Why aren't we screaming and yelling about that? Why does the American public find murder in our backyards more acceptable than a soldier dying trying to bring freedom to an oppressed people? I just read a story in the Oakland Press the other day about a guy getting beaten to death with baseball bats over some CDs yet you don't see huge protests against it.

And I'll open up another ripe can of worms.... Why is it that the black culture, the sewage tank that it is these days, can cultivate violence and crime and no one sees it? Black gangs are glorified in the media these days (mainly music) but when someone tries to protest against it... even if they don't have the most innocent intentions (the Neo-Nazis down in Toledo.. even though they proved a great point) they're labled as racists. It seems when a problem is recognized but people are too prude to do anything about it... it's simply ignored... in fact, it's in a way funded by us. People still buy rap cds, these gangmembers still somehow manage to pull a welfare check, etc.
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 11:31 AM   #44
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,098
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Perhaps beacuse religon is such an emotionally charged topic? Perhaps because in chat last night I just happened in on something and had to leave and wanted to expand on some thoughts.

maybe. JUST maybe I'll find my faith somehow.
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #45
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,959
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke
Perhaps beacuse religon is such an emotionally charged topic? Perhaps because in chat last night I just happened in on something and had to leave and wanted to expand on some thoughts.

maybe. JUST maybe I'll find my faith somehow.
*fingers crossed for a pic of deke in a beenie with very long, braided sideburns*
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #46
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,098
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread
*fingers crossed for a pic of deke in a beenie with very long, braided sideburns*
Can I get dreds(sp)?


If you dont like the subject, the poster, or where the thread is going... why are you here?



IBgodistellingthemtostay :tonka:
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #47
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,959
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke
Can I get dreds(sp)?


If you dont like the subject, the poster, or where the thread is going... why are you here?
was that aimed at me? I haven't ever intentionally inferred that I dislike any of the above.

I just think a picture of you, wearing a beanie, with long dred style sideburns would be somewhat more humorous than the cube photoshops.

maybe it could include you dealing with an incident with fire on a bbq out back?
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 12:16 PM   #48
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,098
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread
was that aimed at me? I haven't ever intentionally inferred that I dislike any of the above.

I just think a picture of you, wearing a beanie, with long dred style sideburns would be somewhat more humorous than the cube photoshops.

maybe it could include you dealing with an incident with fire on a bbq out back?
no no not you. MR negative.
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #49
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,756
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Deke, what are your views on Ex 21:20-21?

If I own a slave, and he marries, and has children, his wife and children are my property forever, even though I have to let him leave after 6 years.

Do you think I should get to own the original slave also? Or do you think I have to let him go after the 6 years are up?

And also, in Ex 21:26-27 it states that If I whale my slave in the eye with a sharp object, I have to let him go. What happens if it was an accident? Can I still keep him?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #50
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke
I'm sorry, how does religon explain dinosaurs again?
Deke, what is God talking about in Job 40:15-24

(For those of you who do not have a Bible:

"15 “Look now at the behemoth,[a] which I made along with you;
He eats grass like an ox.

16 See now, his strength is in his hips,
And his power is in his stomach muscles.

17 He moves his tail like a cedar;
The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.

18 His bones are like beams of bronze,
His ribs like bars of iron.

19 He is the first of the ways of God;
Only He who made him can bring near His sword.

20 Surely the mountains yield food for him,
And all the beasts of the field play there.

21 He lies under the lotus trees,
In a covert of reeds and marsh.

22 The lotus trees cover him with their shade;
The willows by the brook surround him.

23 Indeed the river may rage,
Yet he is not disturbed;
He is confident, though the Jordan gushes into his mouth,

24 Though he takes it in his eyes,
Or one pierces his nose with a snare."

Just curious.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #51
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker
Deke, what are your views on Ex 21:20-21?

If I own a slave, and he marries, and has children, his wife and children are my property forever, even though I have to let him leave after 6 years.

Do you think I should get to own the original slave also? Or do you think I have to let him go after the 6 years are up?

And also, in Ex 21:26-27 it states that If I whale my slave in the eye with a sharp object, I have to let him go. What happens if it was an accident? Can I still keep him?
1 Corinthians 5:7

" Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us."

Jesus' death and resurrection brought an end to the old laws like the ones in Exodus and Deuteronomy and others, and established a new order. (The still-relevant laws such as honor thy mother and father were reinforced by Jesus in the Gospel and Paul in the various letters of the new testament).
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #52
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke
When faced with the facts that the earth is much much older then suspected religion responded to such earthly discovers. Stating that what was told as a week long story is measure in 7 days. From there no specific length of time was created for the day. Thus a day could be a very long time. mmhmm. right.
You should read Einstein.

Time is a man made invention. It is an attempt to describe the order of events in one instant by making them coincide with numbers on a clock. We have leap years and we have to change our clocks because our system is horribly flawed. What year is it anyway? Ask the Chinese or the Jews, do they all agree?

We are trying to use a flawed system to disprove God's word.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #53
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,098
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee
Deke, what is God talking about in Job 40:15-24
God didnt write that and thus god isnt saying anything. What you are reading is the word of job.

I have a file open from a person named mercedes. I hope in 2,000 years the people of the great land of christianity read about the emails mercedes sent deke.
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 12:55 PM   #54
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,098
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee
1 Corinthians 5:7

" Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us."

Jesus' death and resurrection brought an end to the old laws like the ones in Exodus and Deuteronomy and others, and established a new order. (The still-relevant laws such as honor thy mother and father were reinforced by Jesus in the Gospel and Paul in the various letters of the new testament).
7 deke 4:20

"and posteth be thy facts. untill the theory isteth proven thine fact, bullshiteth be called"
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #55
Deke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: gheyville
Posts: 2,098
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee
You should read Einstein.

Time is a man made invention. It is an attempt to describe the order of events in one instant by making them coincide with numbers on a clock. We have leap years and we have to change our clocks because our system is horribly flawed. What year is it anyway? Ask the Chinese or the Jews, do they all agree?

We are trying to use a flawed system to disprove God's word.
And the very logic being used to prove it is flawed. Whats your point? You will point the finger at me saying AHHHHH but you're system is flawed when you yourself are used a flawed system to claim fact.

Prove to me there is a god. You cant. put the bible down. dont bring up faith. now. prove god? Dont tell me they are fundamental to proving god because they do nothing but discredit him.
Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #56
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke
God didnt write that and thus god isnt saying anything. What you are reading is the word of job.

I have a file open from a person named mercedes. I hope in 2,000 years the people of the great land of christianity read about the emails mercedes sent deke.
"Then the Lord answered Job..." was preceding the whole batch of text.

Who said it?

The Bible is the inspired word of God. Maybe God didn't write it down, but he said it.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #57
SquirrelWJ
Senior Member
 
SquirrelWJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-06
Location: Fenton or Houghton
Posts: 846
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to SquirrelWJ
Default

I'm kind of interested in the subject of Fate that someone brought up earlier. As my physics classes have taught me... the universe likes to keep its options open. That's why we can't nail down certain aspects of it, because once we figure one thing out, another problem arises. Heck, I know they made a quantum computer recently that yielded better results with it OFF than when it was turned ON. Or the fact that they've figured out changing an atom (I think that's what the experiment was) on one side of the world, changed another on the other side. They just can't predict HOW it's going to change, just that it does. As the way things work, if the universe is as random as we currently know it to be... how can we say that things were fated to happen when even the physical world around us doesn't even have a set path?
SquirrelWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #58
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke
7 deke 4:20

"and posteth be thy facts. untill the theory isteth proven thine fact, bullshiteth be called"
Maybe this one is clearer (I'll try to stick to the more direct verses for you):

Romans 7:6
" But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter."

Better? The old laws are moot. We are freed from the old laws, and now we serve in the newness of our spirit in the laws that the risen Lord has set forth.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 01:32 PM   #59
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke
And the very logic being used to prove it is flawed. Whats your point? You will point the finger at me saying AHHHHH but you're system is flawed when you yourself are used a flawed system to claim fact.

Prove to me there is a god. You cant. put the bible down. dont bring up faith. now. prove god? Dont tell me they are fundamental to proving god because they do nothing but discredit him.
Help me out Deke, what flaw am I using? (I can't stand up for myself unless I know what I'm being accused of).

I'm a little confused about the last part, Deke.

I myself can prove nothing to you. I am flesh and blood as you are, and my words are just like anyone elses. You ask me to put down the Bible and prove God to you? I will tell you that I cannot do this of my own power, but that God's word can acomplish what I am not able to do.

You say that the Bible discredits God? Then why do so many people read the Bible and believe in Him?
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 01:35 PM   #60
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelWJ
I'm kind of interested in the subject of Fate that someone brought up earlier. As my physics classes have taught me... the universe likes to keep its options open. That's why we can't nail down certain aspects of it, because once we figure one thing out, another problem arises. Heck, I know they made a quantum computer recently that yielded better results with it OFF than when it was turned ON. Or the fact that they've figured out changing an atom (I think that's what the experiment was) on one side of the world, changed another on the other side. They just can't predict HOW it's going to change, just that it does. As the way things work, if the universe is as random as we currently know it to be... how can we say that things were fated to happen when even the physical world around us doesn't even have a set path?
Who says it doesn't have a set path? Are you saying that it doesn't have a set path because we don't know what the path is? (because man can't predict it?)

Please clarify this for me.

Thanks!
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.43236 seconds with 80 queries