Limbaugh signs $400,000,000.00 deal. - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:50 PM   #21
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,793
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
i listen to rush on the radio and online. i am 23.

"There are more acres of forestland in America today than when Columbus discovered the continent in 1492."

-Rush Limbaugh
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:55 PM   #22
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,793
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjkid View Post
liberal radio is negative is the reason no one listens to it.
are you kidding me? You listen to conservative radio and think that liberal radio is negative? Not to mention Rush, but have you ever listened to Michael Weiner Savage? He's about as negative as you can get towards everybody but himself.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:56 PM   #23
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,493
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I hate listening to people talk.

But as long as enough people are willing to listen to him talk to make it worth paying him 400 million to keep talking I have no problem with it.

I still won't be listening,
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:26 AM   #24
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,987
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
Default

I do not like him.

The best talk show criminal is G Gordon Liddy.

__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!

Last edited by Monkeyevil; July 3rd, 2008 at 01:29 AM.
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:46 AM   #25
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default



BABABOOEY!
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 02:23 AM   #26
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,712
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post


BABABOOEY!
Kinda wondered about that. Howard makes more, but I guess he's not on regular radio so he doesn't count?
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 10:27 AM   #27
stinkpickle
bitter clinger
 
stinkpickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: Millbury, OH
Posts: 1,144
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
are you kidding me? You listen to conservative radio and think that liberal radio is negative? Not to mention Rush, but have you ever listened to Michael Weiner Savage? He's about as negative as you can get towards everybody but himself.
You are right about Mike Savage he is pretty negative and shrill. However Rush is fairly positive so is Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck is always positive and funny. I think thats why they have the top 3 listenerships in the country. Savage doesn't come any where close to these guys.
stinkpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 10:37 AM   #28
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,989
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjkid View Post
I listen to Rush and I'm 17, age is not the reason, the fact that liberal radio is negative is the reason no one listens to it.

Oh, we need the fairness doctrine, Americans need to be told what to listen to.
How are you younger than AJ, and yet act twice his age?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 10:44 AM   #29
Chip Wheeler
Senior Member
 
Chip Wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-30-07
Location: Grand Blanc/Michigan
Posts: 718
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post


BABABOOEY!
x500,000,000.00/500,000,000.00
Chip Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 10:49 AM   #30
zjjamie
Senior Member
 
zjjamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-24-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 430
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Nobody is worth that much money!!!!!!!!!!!!
zjjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 11:24 AM   #31
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,121
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjjamie View Post
Nobody is worth that much money!!!!!!!!!!!!

The free market says you are wrong.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 12:16 PM   #32
stinkpickle
bitter clinger
 
stinkpickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: Millbury, OH
Posts: 1,144
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

It is the socialists view point that a person can make "too much money". What is wrong with a person supplying a product that people are willing to pay a rediculous amount of money for? Long live Free Enterprise!
stinkpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 12:20 PM   #33
Pokerob
hug life
 
Pokerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: G-Rap, MI
Posts: 10,147
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Rush reminds me of that one Media character in the movie V is for Vendetta
Pokerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 12:33 PM   #34
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I stopped listening to Rush a long long time ago. I refuse to listen to anyone who spouts so much one sided hatred, falsities and innuendos. Liberal, conservative. Left, right. Democrat, Republican. Does not matter. Spout the full Monty BS and I switch off.

Speaking of talking heads. I have stopped listening to Sirius Left and have tuned into IndieTalk. Some lean right, some left, but all opinions are discussed and respected. What an amazing concept.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:33 PM   #35
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,931
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
How are you younger than AJ, and yet act twice his age?
Starts with the parents.
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 02:00 PM   #36
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,793
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerob View Post
Rush reminds me of that one Media character in the movie V is for Vendetta
I bet the inspiration for that guy was a combination of Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM   #37
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Kinda wondered about that. Howard makes more, but I guess he's not on regular radio so he doesn't count?
apparently not. I think howard got 100mil a year for all of his 5 year contract with sirius. Its too bad that hes probably not coming back after his contract is up.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 03:01 PM   #38
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,121
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
I stopped listening to Rush a long long time ago. I refuse to listen to anyone who spouts so much one sided hatred, falsities and innuendos. Liberal, conservative. Left, right. Democrat, Republican. Does not matter. Spout the full Monty BS and I switch off.

Speaking of talking heads. I have stopped listening to Sirius Left and have tuned into IndieTalk. Some lean right, some left, but all opinions are discussed and respected. What an amazing concept.
Sirius radio is sweet, I haven't switched it off once since I got it.

It's hard to listen and respect someone's (not you personally) opinion when they are clueless about reality. You can't argue with logic and reason based on facts. That's why I like Andrew Wilkow from 12-3 on Patriot. Maybe it's because he's from my generation but I think it's because he get's it.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM   #39
toolmantim
Go lil yellow Roobicon...
 
toolmantim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-06
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 1,958
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Lets see:
Skill's= none outside of being a radio disc jockey.

Education= Barely passed HS and dropped out of college first semester after failing every course including Ballroom dancing.

So if he was working for the UAW then everyone would bitch saying he's lazy, overpaid, unskilled,uneducated labor....but since he's "conservative" then $40 mil per year is free market shining brightly.

Personally I think that Rush is the role model for everything wrong with politics.

Hypocrites are in the same class as thieves....scum that should die a long slow painful death.
__________________
I'm compensating for my manhood.

Northwest Ohio Crawlers
toolmantim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 04:38 PM   #40
stinkpickle
bitter clinger
 
stinkpickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: Millbury, OH
Posts: 1,144
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I was a UAW member for 10 yrs till I took a buy out so I am very familiar with being called lazy, overpaid, unskilled and uneducated. What justified my pay check was the fact that I was building 45 thousand dollar cars. Rush may be a hypocrite but it doesnt matter hes handling a multi million dollar enterprise. Chances are pretty good that we all buy products that are advertized during his time on the air. In other words we all are contributing to his fat check. Also Rush is NOT a conservative. He is a Republican. Party first, ethics somewhere after. Howard Stern is a liberal and drawing a nice check its still the free market shining brightly.
The great thing about the free market is you can stop buying products that advertise during his show that way you wont be contributing to his bank account.

Last edited by stinkpickle; July 3rd, 2008 at 04:59 PM.
stinkpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.53200 seconds with 80 queries