Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Explorer overheating problem

957 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  xploder25 
#1 ·
i have a explorer with a 5" lift on 32's. It has a 3" body lift. i am overheating everytime i run high rpm's exspecially in 4 low. i am missing the fan shroud but im buying one this weekend. i think im going to silver lake in a month or so and dont want to have to stop every 5 minutes to let it cool off because orf the heat and deep sand. i was thinking about either getting electric fans or taking off my stock fan and adding a flex-a-lite fan. i dont have the money to buy an aluminum radiator. What would be the best investment to keep my engine cool?

#3 ·
i already replaced the thermostat and i dont take it throw much mud, mostly deep sand out by my house (tank trails). ill have it on this weekend and see how much it helps. i also put a KKM air intake that helped a little by sucking in more air and gave me better trottle response.

#4 ·
i have a 92 sploder, and i had the same problem, in my case it was the radiator being plugged with crap. all the cotton from the dog wood trees got in between the condensor, and the rad, and had it plugged up. i didnt realize it till i took the condensor off, cuz i was putting a new 3 row out of a new v8 mountaneer, if your not using the ac, remove the condensor, that way youll have alot more air flow to your rad, and youll be able to see if theres anything in there, and youll be able to wash it out if there is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.