Clarkston crackerjacker - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The recycle bin.
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The recycle bin. Posts deemed annoying. If you see your post here, take a hint.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #81
Fraser
Senior Member
 
Fraser's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-06
Location: Howell/Hartland
Posts: 4,194
iTrader: (27)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Fraser
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
I thought the stang was made in at flat rock assembly?


Any ways. The tundra and the camry have to be made in america. NASCAR rules mandate it. At least to a certain degree they have to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
Sorry, but your list in inaccurate....

The Mustang is built in Michigan. That is pretty sad that everyone on this forum doesn't know that. We are the motor city ya know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Using the formula of 75% or greater parts from america:
Fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:45 PM   #82
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,076
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
x2/2 If only everybody were as wise, intelligent, and business savvy as Chad is, we would all be millionaire playboys just like him.
Clearly you missed the point. The point is if we didnt have so many idiots not nearly as many of us would be feeling the pain we are feeling. Of course there are other factors, and college kids like you aren't feeling the pain because you are above it. Let us not forget sme of the wise choices are government has made for us....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
Let's not forget who is building factories and putting Michiganders back to work. Toyota is. What is the big 3 doing, they are moving out.
I wonder why...maybe with your infinite math skills you can explain to the rest of us why thats happening. Do you think it has anything to do with trying to maintain the competitive prices that the foreign automakers have? Does that have any correlation with wages? hmmmmmm I'd love your explanation.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #83
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
Clearly you missed the point. The point is if we didnt have so many idiots not nearly as many of us would be feeling the pain we are feeling. Of course there are other factors, and college kids like you aren't feeling the pain because you are above it. Let us not forget some of the wise choices are government has made for us....
I got your point, i just like to fukc with you, you sexy man.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #84
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,504
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Off Topic but Why do most post that get comment on goto the Bin?
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:54 PM   #85
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
compared to how many employed by ford or gm or chrysler feeding their families? Let us not also forget the suppliers, and the shipping companies, and the local small business owner (like CC himself)....yeah the ripple affect and the number of people effected by the domestics vs the foreign companies means nothing right?

The absolute fucking stupidity of people amazes me.

This country's going down the shitter and its because of ignorant arrogant fucks who can't even remotely grasp an economical principle and realizing how it affects them.
I was avoiding the lightning rod discussion of how Toyota treats employees at Georgetown. In two words, not good. A lot of unpaid hours and heavy use of short-term contractors because they don't want to pay pensions or retiree health coverage (remember, Japan that stuff is the purview of the government.

They also bring their own supply chain in with them and demand (and get) massive tax abatements, public-funded site preparation, etc...

I'm a "buy American" kinda guy because I understand "trickle down" and that "trickle down" doesn't work if it's trickling down in Yokohama.

So, I'll assume you weren't aiming "absolute fucking stupidity" at me. As a refugee of the car business I can give you hours of dissertation on what does and doesn't work and why.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 02:01 PM   #86
bigjay
The Man Myth And Legend
 
bigjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-06-07
Location: i can piss on the allegan and barry county line at the same time.. ...
Posts: 5,121
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Off Topic but Why do most post that get comment on goto the Bin?
because were simple...and like to add more to the ..
bigjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 03:30 PM   #87
mojo
Wha Happen???
 
mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-17-07
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 209
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to mojo Send a message via Yahoo to mojo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
Sorry, but your list in inaccurate....

The Mustang is built in Michigan. That is pretty sad that everyone on this forum doesn't know that. We are the motor city ya know...
Hey!!!!! I said flatrock!!!
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #88
mojo
Wha Happen???
 
mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-17-07
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 209
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to mojo Send a message via Yahoo to mojo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Okay, let's get our slurs straight.

"Chink" would refer to China.

Toyota is Japanese - not Chinese. The proper slurs would be "Jap", "Nip", or perhaps the standby generic East Asian slurs like "gook" or "slope".

If you expect to be taken seriously as a narrow-minded racist xenophobe, you should ensure proper slur usage.

Incidentally, many foreign automakers do a portion of their design work in the U.S., including Nissan, BMW, Toyota, Subaru, Hyundai, Kia, and Honda. A significant portion of the design work for the upcoming Chevy Camaro was done in Austrailia and the new Saturn Vue was almost completely designed in Korea. Confusing, ain't it. The dash panel module in my 98 TJ has "made in Japan" on it.

Even my Polaris ATV, which just drips with upper midwestern DNA has an engine built by Fuji Heavy Industries (i.e. Subarau) in it. How about those Kawasaki engines in John Deere Gators?

Would that be redneck, hick, hillbilly or appalachin american?
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM   #89
mojo
Wha Happen???
 
mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-17-07
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 209
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to mojo Send a message via Yahoo to mojo
Default

My comment about Nascar was this...

Nascar rules state that in order for a model to be eligible to race in any nascar sanctioned circuit they must be 95% or more ASSEMBLED in the USA.

Now granted a nascar vehicle is a hand made shell with a name slapped on it, but if it weren't for Camry's and Tundra's meeting the above mentioned rule, the name tag would not be allowed.


BTW I am not saying I support them. I understand trickle down and I buy everything I possibly can made in the USA.



AND TO THE GUY THAT STARTED THE THREAD...

HERES A BUCK AND A QUARTER AND GO fukc YOUR SELF!!!
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 05:43 PM   #90
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,076
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post

So, I'll assume you weren't aiming "absolute fucking stupidity" at me. As a refugee of the car business I can give you hours of dissertation on what does and doesn't work and why.
Nope, not directed at you specifically at all, I understand you realize more then the average bear....
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 06:02 PM   #91
FlamesFearMe
Custom User Title
 
FlamesFearMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-06
Location: shorty's pants
Posts: 8,289
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I like how one of the tags for this thread is sandy mangina.
FlamesFearMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 06:23 PM   #92
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,504
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjay View Post
because were simple...and like to add more to the ..
I mean they get alot of Replys on then before you know its in the Bin... why not keep the ball rolling inside the Pub and not Bin it..
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:24 AM   #93
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,400
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
Let's not forget who is building factories and putting Michiganders back to work. Toyota is. What is the big 3 doing, they are moving out.
You are a retard.

Please show me this facotry in Michigan that is putting Michiganders back to work.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:28 AM   #94
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,509
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
x2/2 If only everybody were as wise, intelligent, and business savvy as Chad is, we would all be millionaire playboys just like him.
:tonka:
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #95
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,509
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Yes, but he also left off the U.S.-built

Nissan full-size pickup & SUV (TX)
Nissan Sentra (TN)
Hyundai SUVs (AL)
Mercedes-Benz SUVs (AL)
BMWs (SC)
Honda Touring Bikes (NE)
Honda ATVs (SC)
Yamaha ATVs (GA)

My favorite quandary for the UAW faithful: Are you better off buying (a) a Mazda 6 or (b) a Ford Fusion?

hint: one's built in a UAW plant in MI, the other is built in Mexico.

Duffman, that list was of cars that include 75% or more parts made in america. Not where they're assembled.

But the UAW lovers here can't accept the fact that a ford mustang uses more outsourced parts then a nissan sentra.

Oh well, I lol at their ignorance.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #96
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Duffman, that list was of cars that include 75% or more parts made in america. Not where they're assembled.

But the UAW lovers here can't accept the fact that a ford mustang uses more outsourced parts then a nissan sentra.

Oh well, I lol at their ignorance.
here is a for all the jobless UAW lovers, since they cant buy their own anymore.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:47 AM   #97
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Duffman, that list was of cars that include 75% or more parts made in america. Not where they're assembled.

But the UAW lovers here can't accept the fact that a ford mustang uses more outsourced parts then a nissan sentra.

Oh well, I lol at their ignorance.
Excellent point - I'm just talking "assembled".

Of course, Datsun, Toyota, Mazda, Mazda/Ford Courier, and Isuzu/Chevy LUV trucks used to be "assembled" in the U.S. to beat tariffs on imported trucks. The trucks were shipped with the beds unattached, so that they were technically "truck parts" and assembled (i.e. beds bolted on/wiring connected) at the shipping facility by Manpower day laborers.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #98
04 EDGE
Floor Shift Maddness!
 
04 EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: Westland Mi
Posts: 1,372
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 04 EDGE
Default

does the money that toyota makes here in america stay here in america? i doubt it!

the reason they "assemble" cars here is because it saves them big money, to ship an "assembled" car to america costs thousands of dollars and lots of red tape.

so they just get us stupid americans to do the same job the UAW "big 3" worker does but pays them less then half. then the profits get sent back overseas.
04 EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #99
OldSailor
AKA GreyShrink
 
OldSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 521
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Chevyman350:

I spend 20 years on active duty in the military and watched several of my friends die. I figure that gives me the right to fully engage in the US capatilist system and buy any da*n thing I want.

Get off your stupid high horse and gain a little life experience and pay your dues before you presume to judge others.

A couple of years ago I sold a Dodge W350 4x4 Cummins pickup that was made in Mexico. So what? Before that, I owned a Toyota truck that was built in the US. So what?
OldSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 02:47 PM   #100
04 EDGE
Floor Shift Maddness!
 
04 EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: Westland Mi
Posts: 1,372
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 04 EDGE
Default

not all of us have desk jobs.
04 EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The recycle bin.
Tags
chevyman350 likes dudes, japs trucks ftw, sandy mangina

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.34084 seconds with 80 queries