The "name one good thing Bush has done for the Country" thread. - Page 6 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 18th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #101
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,047
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default


I lol'd. Blogs and editorials are intended to prove what?
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 18th, 2008, 04:38 PM   #102
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
I lol'd. Blogs and editorials are intended to prove what?
who proves anything on this site?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #103
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
who proves anything on this site?
Last time I put something up with a relationship to a link in your post you went ape shit.

The articles you posted are market manipulating bullshit articles that mean nothing.

There whole purpose is to keep people confused.

If you think Im wrong than post a fictisious position you would take as an investment in the DOW, NASDAQ, OIL FUTURES, SUGAR FUTURES, any GRAIN or CORN FUTURES, and support it with some of the bullshit articles written.

Post your position so we can all get a big laugh.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #104
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

So we can borrow all the money we want and go spend crazy but it won't affect the value of the American dollar? really? that surprises me.

I'm not an economics expert, but I have a feeling that all of this carefree spending without taxation and borrowing leads to a lowering of the worldwide confidence in the dollar based on these Bush policies. I may be way off base here, but I am willing to admit I could be wrong, unlike captain creationist toes.

Last edited by mikesova; June 18th, 2008 at 05:21 PM.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #105
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
So we can borrow all the money we want and go spend crazy but it won't affect the value of the American dollar? really? that surprises me.

I'm not an economics expert, but I have a feeling that all of this carefree spending without taxation and borrowing leads to a lowering of the worldwide confidence in the dollar based on these Bush policies. I may be way off base here, but I am willing to admit I could be wrong, unlike captain creationist toes.
I like the end of that post. Your starting to mature.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:45 PM   #106
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Much better than this.

fucktard, if you're going to quote some shitty biased study, please give links or some kind of way to backtrack to the kkk website that you found this at.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #107
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Well, I am mostly referring to the fact that if you use the scientific method to reach a conclusion, it is okay to admit that you could be wrong, but you use things like blind faith to reach certain conclusions and I doubt you will ever admit to the possibility of you being wrong.

P.S. if you are going to quote something like that it is a good idea to support it with links so people can read what you are talking about and make sure you aren't just clipping one thing that helps your argument, you should be familiar with this "out of context" argument as christians seem to lodge it against any bible verse that portrays the book as bad.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:07 PM   #108
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Well, I am mostly referring to the fact that if you use the scientific method to reach a conclusion, it is okay to admit that you could be wrong, but you use things like blind faith to reach certain conclusions and I doubt you will ever admit to the possibility of you being wrong.

P.S. if you are going to quote something like that it is a good idea to support it with links so people can read what you are talking about and make sure you aren't just clipping one thing that helps your argument, you should be familiar with this "out of context" argument as christians seem to lodge it against any bible verse that portrays the book as bad.

I was mostly refering to reading the bullshit that has been published and compare it to the action of the stock market, scientifically you would have your financial ass handed to you.

Me, Wrong, I guess it's possible.

I didn't need to support that with any links because it was directed to you and you know exactly what it is.

Your awesome.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #109
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I want you madly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Let's sex.

.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #110
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,607
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
I even lent him my steam cleaner and some purple prowler and no dice.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 08:21 PM   #111
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

What did Dubya do?

We'll never know what might've, would've or could've done because the whole game plan changed after he took office.

A successful attack inside the U.S. that kills several thousand citizens tends to screw up even the best-laid plans. I'd say that event completely shaped his first term and was directly responsible for his having a second term (which it also shaped).

Is the man a visionary? No. Great speaker? No. Inspiring leader? No.

What is he?

He's a man of principle. What I mean is that I could've predicted virtually every move he made and his rationale for it. I may not (and don't) agree with all of the actions he's taken, but I'm not surprised by them, because he predictably does everything consistent with his principles.

In a time of war, I'll take strict adherence to principle over poll-driven flip-flopping like Clintons, Gore, and Kerry. Ironically, that same principle-driven behavior is one of the Obamatoid's biggest bragging points.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #112
JDirt
Always right-sometimes
 
JDirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-02-07
Location: Interlochen
Posts: 1,873
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
What did Dubya do?

We'll never know what might've, would've or could've done because the whole game plan changed after he took office.

A successful attack inside the U.S. that kills several thousand citizens tends to screw up even the best-laid plans. I'd say that event completely shaped his first term and was directly responsible for his having a second term (which it also shaped).

Is the man a visionary? No. Great speaker? No. Inspiring leader? No.

What is he?

He's a man of principle. What I mean is that I could've predicted virtually every move he made and his rationale for it. I may not (and don't) agree with all of the actions he's taken, but I'm not surprised by them, because he predictably does everything consistent with his principles.

In a time of war, I'll take strict adherence to principle over poll-driven flip-flopping like Clintons, Gore, and Kerry. Ironically, that same principle-driven behavior is one of the Obamatoid's biggest bragging points.
Wow, this is a very well written and thoughtful post. I would have to say I agree with you.
JDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #113
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
What did Dubya do?

We'll never know what might've, would've or could've done because the whole game plan changed after he took office.

A successful attack inside the U.S. that kills several thousand citizens tends to screw up even the best-laid plans. I'd say that event completely shaped his first term and was directly responsible for his having a second term (which it also shaped).

Is the man a visionary? No. Great speaker? No. Inspiring leader? No.

What is he?

He's a man of principle. What I mean is that I could've predicted virtually every move he made and his rationale for it. I may not (and don't) agree with all of the actions he's taken, but I'm not surprised by them, because he predictably does everything consistent with his principles.

In a time of war, I'll take strict adherence to principle over poll-driven flip-flopping like Clintons, Gore, and Kerry. Ironically, that same principle-driven behavior is one of the Obamatoid's biggest bragging points.
well said.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2008, 07:46 AM   #114
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,607
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Master View Post
Wow, this is a very well written and thoughtful post. I would have to say I agree with you.
Duffy doesn't mince words.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2008, 08:28 AM   #115
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
What did Dubya do?

We'll never know what might've, would've or could've done because the whole game plan changed after he took office.

A successful attack inside the U.S. that kills several thousand citizens tends to screw up even the best-laid plans. I'd say that event completely shaped his first term and was directly responsible for his having a second term (which it also shaped).

Is the man a visionary? No. Great speaker? No. Inspiring leader? No.

What is he?

He's a man of principle. What I mean is that I could've predicted virtually every move he made and his rationale for it. I may not (and don't) agree with all of the actions he's taken, but I'm not surprised by them, because he predictably does everything consistent with his principles.

In a time of war, I'll take strict adherence to principle over poll-driven flip-flopping like Clintons, Gore, and Kerry. Ironically, that same principle-driven behavior is one of the Obamatoid's biggest bragging points.
Normally, we agree on most things Duff, Bush is a man of principle, but only on the war and religion. (Which personally, I could do with some vagueness, the most potent enemy is one you cannot predict.) Did you read post #8 in this thread? He flip flops on a lot of stuff, except war and religion.
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #116
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,047
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
Normally, we agree on most things Duff, Bush is a man of principle, but only on the war and religion. (Which personally, I could do with some vagueness, the most potent enemy is one you cannot predict.) Did you read post #8 in this thread? He flip flops on a lot of stuff, except war and religion.
Sorry, that (post #8) was the dumbest fucking useless wall of text cut and paste in this whole thread. And I tried, believe me I tried.
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2008, 11:44 AM   #117
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
Normally, we agree on most things Duff, Bush is a man of principle, but only on the war and religion. (Which personally, I could do with some vagueness, the most potent enemy is one you cannot predict.) Did you read post #8 in this thread? He flip flops on a lot of stuff, except war and religion.
I looked at #8.

I see a lot of partial quotes, misquotes, and semantics. Dubya is at best a nervous public speaker who's oft-poor choice of words provide fodder fot this sort of thing.

Is Osama Bin Laden a priority? Well, we're still in Afghanistan keeping pressure on the Taliban and Al-Quaeda. Are teams still searching? I'm sure they are. Are our efforts badly hampered by the porosity of the Afghan-Pakistani border and the state of internal Pakistani affairs (i.e. they can't cooperate too much)? Damn straight. Actions > words. Likewise the remaining "flops"...
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2008, 11:59 AM   #118
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

There is a site that has all of the decisions that bush has officially made as president of the U.S., does anybody know where to find this.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #119
jsutton
Yota Baby
 
jsutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-29-08
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepme View Post
Lets see if we can get a list going. He's been in office for almost 8 years, right? There's got to be a few good things this nice fella did.
"W" has produced more comedy material then any other US Prez. I don't think anyone has produced more gaffs and exhibited more stupidity except Dan Quayle.
jsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2008, 04:05 PM   #120
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsutton View Post
"W" has produced more comedy material then any other US Prez. I don't think anyone has produced more gaffs and exhibited more stupidity except Dan Quayle.
yes, because itnelligence is contingent on your public speaking ability...
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.35968 seconds with 80 queries