Stupid trash pickers! - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:08 AM   #1
Red68Camaro
End nerd persecution
 
Red68Camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-06
Location: Clarkston
Posts: 2,224
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default Stupid trash pickers!

Anybody ever have to deal with the stupid trash pickers that rifle through your junk every time when you put your trash to the curb. A lady this morning had an old school Saturn and the inside was packed to the ceiling and the top of her car had a mountain of junk on top of it. When she left my house she didn't even clean up the trash she threw all over my lawn. Damn dirta@#!

End Rant!
Red68Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:13 AM   #2
muddin_wolverine
Senior Member
 
muddin_wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-04-08
Location: FWB, Florida
Posts: 406
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

why you dont wanna dig through poeples trash:


From the Houston Chronicle:


Camacho and 24-year-old John Allen Rubio, her common-law husband, were accused of strangling and decapitating her two daughters, 3-year-old Julissa Quezada and 2-month-old Mary Jane Rubio, in 2003. The couple allegedly washed themselves afterward and had sex before decapitating their 1-year-old son, John Esthefan Rubio.

A relative called police, who found the girls stuffed in a trash bag and the boy on a bed. Rubio and Camacho told police they thought the children were possessed.
muddin_wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:21 AM   #3
03hemisilver
Pres MI Dodgetruckworld
 
03hemisilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-22-07
Location: Northville, MI
Posts: 1,789
iTrader: (30)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I don't have a problem with them picking trash, but if they leave a mess like that, I'd be yellin' at 'em:miff:
__________________
80 CJ frame, YJ body, 304 cid, 4" lift, 35"s, 4.10's, locked, 8K winch, garage queen
2012 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew Ecoboost
03hemisilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:22 AM   #4
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,959
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

borrow some dirty diapers from a friend/neighbor...

to the question at hand, there's a "walker" that walks our sub every Thursday morning with a plastic trash bag that goes through the recycling bins in the neighborhood looking for returnables.

we drink so little that has a deposit on it, that if/when we do, we just put them in with the recycling as it's not worth the mess, hassle, and flies in the garage to keep them for months on end for an eventual return to the grocery store. I suspect that there's a few of my neighbors that do the same. *shrug*

thankfully she hasn't left anything on the lawn - else I'd make it a point to have the sprinkler running every thursday morning for about 4 hours...
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:22 AM   #5
Red68Camaro
End nerd persecution
 
Red68Camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-06
Location: Clarkston
Posts: 2,224
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddin_wolverine View Post
why you dont wanna dig through poeples trash:


From the Houston Chronicle:


Camacho and 24-year-old John Allen Rubio, her common-law husband, were accused of strangling and decapitating her two daughters, 3-year-old Julissa Quezada and 2-month-old Mary Jane Rubio, in 2003. The couple allegedly washed themselves afterward and had sex before decapitating their 1-year-old son, John Esthefan Rubio.

A relative called police, who found the girls stuffed in a trash bag and the boy on a bed. Rubio and Camacho told police they thought the children were possessed.

Wow! That's fawked up!
Red68Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:24 AM   #6
Red68Camaro
End nerd persecution
 
Red68Camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-06
Location: Clarkston
Posts: 2,224
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
borrow some dirty diapers from a friend/neighbor...

to the question at hand, there's a "walker" that walks our sub every Thursday morning with a plastic trash bag that goes through the recycling bins in the neighborhood looking for returnables.

we drink so little that has a deposit on it, that if/when we do, we just put them in with the recycling as it's not worth the mess, hassle, and flies in the garage to keep them for months on end for an eventual return to the grocery store. I suspect that there's a few of my neighbors that do the same. *shrug*

thankfully she hasn't left anything on the lawn - else I'd make it a point to have the sprinkler running every thursday morning for about 4 hours...

Oh! We have plenty of dirty diapers.......Soon we will be producing more come December....
Red68Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:27 AM   #7
joppermann
Senior Member
 
joppermann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-04-08
Location: Boyne City, MI
Posts: 734
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Every spring our township has a major pick up of stuff and every morning after I put stuff out I have to reorganize it because the scavengers make a huge mess of stuff. My personal favorites are the people driving to the scrap yard with so much crap in their beat up trucks its amazing the bed doesn't fall off or their "load" isn't dropped onto the road. Really surprised they're not pulled over by the police as well.

As for the Houston story that is beyond "fawked up".
joppermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:29 AM   #8
bearlys2005
Senior Member
 
bearlys2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-06
Location: Macomb, Michigan
Posts: 968
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

I had a jackass down the street come to my house, dumped out my trash can on the ground and took it home. I came out to see the trash on the ground and the neighbor down the street had my trashcan and he was putting grass clippings in it. I walked down there dumped his stuff on the ground and told him I was throwing away my trash not my can and walked away.
bearlys2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:31 AM   #9
Red68Camaro
End nerd persecution
 
Red68Camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-06
Location: Clarkston
Posts: 2,224
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearlys2005 View Post
I had a jackass down the street come to my house, dumped out my trash can on the ground and took it home. I came out to see the trash on the ground and the neighbor down the street had my trashcan and he was putting grass clippings in it. I walked down there dumped his stuff on the ground and told him I was throwing away my trash not my can and walked away.
OMG! I would have kicked him in the nuts.....Then while he was on the ground crying dump the clippings on him!
Red68Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:31 AM   #10
Flexin' XJ
Senior Member
 
Flexin' XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-04-07
Location: Holt, MI
Posts: 4,459
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddin_wolverine View Post
why you dont wanna dig through poeples trash:


From the Houston Chronicle:


Camacho and 24-year-old John Allen Rubio, her common-law husband, were accused of strangling and decapitating her two daughters, 3-year-old Julissa Quezada and 2-month-old Mary Jane Rubio, in 2003. The couple allegedly washed themselves afterward and had sex before decapitating their 1-year-old son, John Esthefan Rubio.

A relative called police, who found the girls stuffed in a trash bag and the boy on a bed. Rubio and Camacho told police they thought the children were possessed.

I'd be willing to bet there were some illegal narcotics involved here.

On the original issue, next time you see her come by, go outside and tell her to pick up after herself. That you don't mind her going through your trash, just pick up what she dropped.

If that doesn't work, call the cops and tell them she is trashing your property.
Flexin' XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:32 AM   #11
muddin_wolverine
Senior Member
 
muddin_wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-04-08
Location: FWB, Florida
Posts: 406
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

how do you throw out a trash can anyways? do you have to buy a big ass can to put it in? hmmm. life is hard

haha
muddin_wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:33 AM   #12
Red68Camaro
End nerd persecution
 
Red68Camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-06
Location: Clarkston
Posts: 2,224
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin' XJ View Post
I'd be willing to bet there were some illegal narcotics involved here.

On the original issue, next time you see her come by, go outside and tell her to pick up after herself. That you don't mind her going through your trash, just pick up what she dropped.

If that doesn't work, call the cops and tell them she is trashing your property.
Oh! and to top it off she was partially blocking my driveway. Next time I'll just backup over the front of her car with my truck! :tonka:
Red68Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:40 AM   #13
joppermann
Senior Member
 
joppermann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-04-08
Location: Boyne City, MI
Posts: 734
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddin_wolverine View Post
how do you throw out a trash can anyways? do you have to buy a big ass can to put it in? hmmm. life is hard

haha
I had this issue this spring - two trash cans that were all busted up from years of use. I painted on them "Please take cans" and my trash collecting company took them with them, although for some reason it took them three weeks in between attempts. May depend on how much room they have at the time?
joppermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #14
Tranny Tom
Switcheroo
 
Tranny Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-06
Location: Southfield
Posts: 3,860
iTrader: (55)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddin_wolverine View Post
how do you throw out a trash can anyways? do you have to buy a big ass can to put it in? hmmm. life is hard

haha
LOL I tried to throw out some trash cans about 2 months ago. I put one inside of the other one and painted in bright safety orange "Take cans" . Well at about 7:30 am the garbage truck rolls up picks up the other trash, then picks up the cans reads it, puts them back down. He was about to get back on the truck and I yelled out the front door "hey thats means put them in the back of your truck stupid!''. He just gave me the finger and didn't pick up my trash the following week. So to answer your question I had to take them to work and throw them in our dumpster.
Tranny Tom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #15
Tranny Tom
Switcheroo
 
Tranny Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-06
Location: Southfield
Posts: 3,860
iTrader: (55)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppermann View Post
I had this issue this spring - two trash cans that were all busted up from years of use. I painted on them "Please take cans" and my trash collecting company took them with them, although for some reason it took them three weeks in between attempts. May depend on how much room they have at the time?
maybe i should have wrote please
Tranny Tom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:51 AM   #16
muddin_wolverine
Senior Member
 
muddin_wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-04-08
Location: FWB, Florida
Posts: 406
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

maybe he couldnt speak english and the only word her understood was stupid?
well, prob not the case up there, but down in florida.... yup
muddin_wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:57 AM   #17
Grumpy1
Senior Member
 
Grumpy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-27-06
Location: Berkley
Posts: 892
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

This broad knocks on my door this morning and asks can she have the grill that was at the curb. I said sure. Then she asks if I can help her load in. Seeing some little shit box car that you know damn well it ain't gonna fit in I said no.

So she struggles with it for about 15 minutes and then it starts to poor and leaves it. Whats the bitch do ? She leaves it so back to the curb it goes. If she had something it would have fit in id have helped her load it. Stupid broad..

I ain't got nothing against garbage pickers. Hell I do it from time to time. But leaving someone trash in a huge mess is freaking rude. Living on a main road I get them coming through all the time leaving a huge ass mess. Been tempted to whip out my RWS45 and give them a reminder to clean up after themselves.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 09:29 AM   #18
bearlys2005
Senior Member
 
bearlys2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-06
Location: Macomb, Michigan
Posts: 968
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red68Camaro View Post
OMG! I would have kicked him in the nuts.....Then while he was on the ground crying dump the clippings on him!
That thought crossed my mind... The drunk wasn't worth the effort... Now if he would have said a word it would have been on..
bearlys2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 09:32 AM   #19
Red68Camaro
End nerd persecution
 
Red68Camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-06
Location: Clarkston
Posts: 2,224
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
This broad knocks on my door this morning and asks can she have the grill that was at the curb. I said sure. Then she asks if I can help her load in. Seeing some little shit box car that you know damn well it ain't gonna fit in I said no.

So she struggles with it for about 15 minutes and then it starts to poor and leaves it. Whats the bitch do ? She leaves it so back to the curb it goes. If she had something it would have fit in id have helped her load it. Stupid broad..

I ain't got nothing against garbage pickers. Hell I do it from time to time. But leaving someone trash in a huge mess is freaking rude. Living on a main road I get them coming through all the time leaving a huge ass mess. Been tempted to whip out my RWS45 and give them a reminder to clean up after themselves.

Was she driving an older white Saturn? If so, it was the same broad :tonka:
Red68Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2008, 09:37 AM   #20
FORD FLARESIDE
Hockey, it is what it is!
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 22,282
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red68Camaro View Post
Anybody ever have to deal with the stupid trash pickers that rifle through your junk every time when you put your trash to the curb. A lady this morning had an old school Saturn and the inside was packed to the ceiling and the top of her car had a mountain of junk on top of it. When she left my house she didn't even clean up the trash she threw all over my lawn. Damn dirta@#!

End Rant!
Simple and cheap solution.............go to Meijer, Gander Mountain, or any hunting store....................buy a small bottle of Doe in Heat, then pour contents on your trash. I guarantee they will not rifle through your trash again.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Tags
a.js mom takes a facial, aj's mom makes mess

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.31428 seconds with 80 queries