Dave Kerwin, please explain this to me. - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 20th, 2008, 06:55 AM   #21
Naypalm[]Maker
steveo's alt...
 
Naypalm[]Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-15-07
Location: Davison
Posts: 822
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

elf up?
Naypalm[]Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #22
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Thanks Bobby. I didn't know the movie was already discussed, however the question of the content was not answered there (in fact, I think you told us to stay tuned, as you were going to go through the list of historians and discredit them all but never did), so my questions remain.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 11:37 AM   #23
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,689
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
The last sentence of your second paragraph made no sense whatsoever...

The bible has "stood" because for a couple thousand years it has been forced upon everyone, and anyone that would not accept it was burned, tortured, killed, etc. It continued without contest out of fear, and it's rabid followers felt that it was appropriate to burn anything that proved anything that was not in keeping with biblical text and the church. BTW, wasn't the KJV a C of E approved text?

"Unchanged"? Even your fellow believers know better:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible...00_changes.htm

That alone should be enough for you to at least admit that your use of the word "unchanged" may be an error.

Oops, you caught me babbling, some might say it is not the first time

What I was trying to say is that the eye witnesses to the resurrection of Christ wrote down what they saw within their lifetime. Then within 100 years of them writing it down, there were already over 24000 copies of that testimony spread throughout the area. AND.. all of those copies match each other to what we have today. How much MORE accurate could it POSSIBLY get? The point is this, just like MC Hammer, you can't touch this.

I don't know about all that stuff on the site, I would have to look into it. So what are they saying the copy was that was changed?
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:09 PM   #24
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Oops, you caught me babbling, some might say it is not the first time

What I was trying to say is that the eye witnesses to the resurrection of Christ wrote down what they saw within their lifetime. Then within 100 years of them writing it down, there were already over 24000 copies of that testimony spread throughout the area. AND.. all of those copies match each other to what we have today. How much MORE accurate could it POSSIBLY get? The point is this, just like MC Hammer, you can't touch this.

I don't know about all that stuff on the site, I would have to look into it. So what are they saying the copy was that was changed?
I'll look in to your statement about the witnesses because I think you're wrong.

What do you mean "what copy"? Are you going to do the version/translation dance now? What difference does it make?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #25
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,689
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Ok, then prove me wrong about the witnesses and the mass production of the gospels.

That website does not offer much info on what two pieces of scripture the discrepency is occuring between. So I suppose that I cannot take it seriously until it is made clear where the issue lies.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:35 AM   #26
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,191
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Thanks Bobby. I didn't know the movie was already discussed, however the question of the content was not answered there (in fact, I think you told us to stay tuned, as you were going to go through the list of historians and discredit them all but never did), so my questions remain.
yeah, i get bored easily.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
America! Fuck yeah!
gofastbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:16 AM   #27
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,689
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Ok, then prove me wrong about the witnesses and the mass production of the gospels.
AHEM!
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM   #28
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,793
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
AHEM!
Listen Dave, all I am saying and I think AGoodBuzz too, is that we are not 100% convinced that this dude that may have lived is a God. We aren't claiming that he didn't exist, you are claiming that he most certainly did and he most certainly was a God. Now YOU sir, are making the claim, therefore any burden of proof needed in this argument is in your corner.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:55 AM   #29
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Listen Dave, all I am saying and I think AGoodBuzz too, is that we are not 100% convinced that this dude that may have lived is a God. We aren't claiming that he didn't exist, you are claiming that he most certainly did and he most certainly was a God. Now YOU sir, are making the claim, therefore any burden of proof needed in this argument is in your corner.
So you do BELIEVE that he existed? Just want to make that clear.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:18 PM   #30
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,689
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Listen Dave, all I am saying and I think AGoodBuzz too, is that we are not 100% convinced that this dude that may have lived is a God. We aren't claiming that he didn't exist, you are claiming that he most certainly did and he most certainly was a God. Now YOU sir, are making the claim, therefore any burden of proof needed in this argument is in your corner.
Mike, you most certainly made the asinine claim that he never existed on Earth, as far as I remember, you said it on two different occasions.

I want you to tell me if you find extra-biblical sounces to agree with the gospel writers or to disagree with the gospel writers on any points.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:29 PM   #31
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,987
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
Default

That movie is so full of bullshit it's hilarious.

Anyone able to think and research for themselves should be able to debunk almost every claim in that movie with a trip to the library, or some reliable internet sources.

Unlike Dave, I don't care if you believe in God, Jesus, or Xenu. As long as you don't think Obama should be president, we are good
__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:36 PM   #32
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBBA View Post
So you do BELIEVE that he existed? Just want to make that clear.
Don't know either way, actually, but in order for this conversation to proceed let's all agree that he did and see where it takes us. Can we agree to do that?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM   #33
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyevil View Post
That movie is so full of bullshit it's hilarious.

Anyone able to think and research for themselves should be able to debunk almost every claim in that movie with a trip to the library, or some reliable internet sources.

Unlike Dave, I don't care if you believe in God, Jesus, or Xenu. As long as you don't think Obama should be president, we are good
Okay, so far you have disproven nothing, but we're all (both sides of the debate) eager for your constructive and insightful input.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:39 PM   #34
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Okay, so far you have disproven nothing, but we're all (both sides of the debate) eager for your constructive and insightful input.
Hey, I was hoping that RyeBread was going to jump in on this. Hey Rye, where are you buddy? The argument isn't as interesting without you.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:04 PM   #35
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Don't know either way, actually, but in order for this conversation to proceed let's all agree that he did and see where it takes us. Can we agree to do that?
Didn't realize you were Mike Sova in disguise . . . IP check please
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:29 PM   #36
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,793
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Mike, you most certainly made the asinine claim that he never existed on Earth, as far as I remember, you said it on two different occasions.

I want you to tell me if you find extra-biblical sounces to agree with the gospel writers or to disagree with the gospel writers on any points.
I don't remember stating that, I must me channeling John McCain, don't call me a flip flopper. If you can find where I said that Jesus never existed, please show me, but I am usually not 100% on anything related to religion...so anyway.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:35 PM   #37
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,689
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I don't remember stating that, I must me channeling John McCain, don't call me a flip flopper. If you can find where I said that Jesus never existed, please show me, but I am usually not 100% on anything related to religion...so anyway.
this is the first time you said it: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...&postcount=218

Just keep taking limp stances on everything so no one can call you out for being wrong.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:42 PM   #38
no1likesme
not Frank Sinatra
 
no1likesme's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-08
Location: shepherd, MI
Posts: 678
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to no1likesme Send a message via MSN to no1likesme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
this is the first time you said it: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...&postcount=218

Just keep taking limp stances on everything so no one can call you out for being wrong.
Quote:
Well, I'm not completely positive he ever even existed. I'm still waiting for The God Who Wasn't There to come to the library.

-1 c'mon Dave, you have been slipping recently.
no1likesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:42 PM   #39
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,793
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
this is the first time you said it: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...&postcount=218

Just keep taking limp stances on everything so no one can call you out for being wrong.
ok, so you're the one who's wrong. what did I say, i never said that I didn't say he existed. cock.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:50 PM   #40
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
this is the first time you said it: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...&postcount=218

Just keep taking limp stances on everything so no one can call you out for being wrong.
Yah, sorry Dave, but you didn't read that accurately. He said: "Well, I'm not completely positive he ever even existed." He's saying he is't positive, not that didn't ever exist. "I'm still waiting for The God Who Wasn't There to come to the library." Sounds like a book he's looking forward to reading.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
flame suit burned up

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.37439 seconds with 80 queries