Attention dumbf@%&ers who don't wear their seatbelts - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:35 PM   #81
KartRacer
Blowd up
 
KartRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-05
Location: Riverside, MI 49084
Posts: 6,335
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to KartRacer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Fair enough as long as the motorcyclists wear seat belts while riding!
Yeah, and bikes will need the following safety items: air bags, five mile an hour bumpers, crumple zones, doors, roofs, etc.
KartRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:42 PM   #82
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanii View Post
So, since more people in cars are hospitalized with head injuries than motorcycles, I shouldn't have to pay for them on my insurance. How about if you decide that you want to speed, you sign off on your rights to coverage. You choose to drive in a vehicle that is unsafe? No coverage.
Once again, the media and insurance companies tell you what to think, and like the sheep people are, they follow suit. Name one state that passed a freedom of choice helmet law that can show insurance rates went up.

Do I wear a seat belt? All the time. Do I think it should be a law? Nope. At the checkpoint,there are probably 10 to 15 officers there, at least 4 or 5 cars, and a ton of taxpayer money wasted.

Every day on my ride to work I watch people drive 20 to 25 MPH over the limit on M59. I watch people routinely run redlights, stop signs, and make unsafe lane changes. To waste police manpower on a seatbelt zone is bullshit.
x1,000 Every word of it.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #83
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudd_jumper View Post
X2



Agree whole heartedly. Now the only way a lot of police officers can get OT is by running speed traps and enforcement zones. They do not do that no OT so I can see why they run them I just do not agree with it. And yes I have seen seat belts save lives and cost lives to. This is from first hand experience working for the fire department.
Can you provide a link to a legitimate news story where a seatbelt was the cause of someones death? Just curious.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:47 PM   #84
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBBA View Post
x4 but they have to make some money some how . . . I mean why work when you can just ticket people for choosing civil disobedience? I'm sure they would much rather do this then fight crime.
X2. they cannot convince me that what they're doing is more important than crime prevention. They should be patrolling the streets looking for real crime.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #85
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
That's not hard to understand at all. The hard part to understand is how the government can presume it has the authority to override an individual's rights over their own body. They overstep their bounds in this area. Education/awareness is one thing. Rights to one's self are another.
Then you must be Pro-Choice?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:03 PM   #86
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,907
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I think maybe you guys should join a dept and bitch about spending grant money the way the grant was written, and we’ll see how long you last...If you know any thing about grants you know that the money has to be spent on exactly how and on what the grants says it is to be used for. You can bitch all you want, but the money for the grants is provided by insurance companies to protect their bottom line, you as a tax payer spent nothing on it, in fact by doing this the insurance companies are saving you money by being proactive in attempting to keep your insurance rates lower, as well as a way to generate revenue for the State...

Whether you agree with the law or not it is the law, none of you have a leg to stand on when arguing against it. If you don't like the law the get involved, write your congress man and attempted to have them issue a bill to get rid of it...and please post up the results of your endeavors. I laugh my ass off at everyone who gets one of those tickets!!!!

As far as they should be out there doing something else as in fighting real crime, they are fighting real crime. They are on overtime, they are out there doing exactly what they should be doing, no contract cars are being used to cover the enforcement zones and there is no gap in patrol coverage due to the enforcement zones.


Rosie out~
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:09 PM   #87
Icemanii
GLFWDA Land Use Committee
 
Icemanii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: 48085
Posts: 5,233
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
Yeah, and bikes will need the following safety items: air bags, five mile an hour bumpers, crumple zones, doors, roofs, etc.
Actually, some motorcycles now do have air bags installed. You can purchase a roof for some models as well, as well as the new three wheel version that has somewhat of a front crumple zone, so it is not far off.

Myself, the law that pisses me off is the signs I see in constructions zones. "Kill or injure a construction worker, $7,500.00 pluse 15 years in prison."

Reason it pisses me off, you kill a biker you can get off with probation and a restricted license in some cases. Again, bikers don't like laws that are one sided.

FYI, if a motorcycle has an accident that does not involve actual contact with another motor vehicle, in the state of MI, his primary insurance has to pay his medical bills, not his motorcycle or car insurance.
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:13 PM   #88
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,907
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanii View Post
Actually, some motorcycles now do have air bags installed. You can purchase a roof for some models as well, as well as the new three wheel version that has somewhat of a front crumple zone, so it is not far off.

Myself, the law that pisses me off is the signs I see in constructions zones. "Kill or injure a construction worker, $7,500.00 pluse 15 years in prison."

Reason it pisses me off, you kill a biker you can get off with probation and a restricted license in some cases. Again, bikers don't like laws that are one sided.

FYI, if a motorcycle has an accident that does not involve actual contact with another motor vehicle, in the state of MI, his primary insurance has to pay his medical bills, not his motorcycle or car insurance.

x billion...but at the same time construction workes are out there doing a job, and some car & bike accidents happen but people that don't even look and end up killing a biker should get more than a slap on the wrist so its a tough call...
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:16 PM   #89
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hancho View Post
I think maybe you guys should join a dept and bitch about spending grant money the way the grant was written, and we’ll see how long you last...If you know any thing about grants you know that the money has to be spent on exactly how and on what the grants says it is to be used for. You can bitch all you want, but the money for the grants is provided by insurance companies to protect their bottom line, you as a tax payer spent nothing on it, in fact by doing this the insurance companies are saving you money by being proactive in attempting to keep your insurance rates lower, as well as a way to generate revenue for the State...

Whether you agree with the law or not it is the law, none of you have a leg to stand on when arguing against it. If you don't like the law the get involved, write your congress man and attempted to have them issue a bill to get rid of it...and please post up the results of your endeavors. I laugh my ass off at everyone who gets one of those tickets!!!!

As far as they should be out there doing something else as in fighting real crime, they are fighting real crime. They are on overtime, they are out there doing exactly what they should be doing, no contract cars are being used to cover the enforcement zones and there is no gap in patrol coverage due to the enforcement zones.


Rosie out~

Wow Mike... Very well said. I didn't know all that. Really makes me think, you know, if that's all true I guess it's not so bad. But who pays for all the other costs: fuel, courts, administration, etc.? Is ANY of that paid for by the taxpayers?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:16 PM   #90
Icemanii
GLFWDA Land Use Committee
 
Icemanii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: 48085
Posts: 5,233
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hancho View Post
x billion...but at the same time construction workes are out there doing a job, and some car & bike accidents happen but people that don't even look and end up killing a biker should get more than a slap on the wrist so its a tough call...
You are correct on that, I'm not saying the law should be more lax in construction zones, just stricter for motorcycle deaths.

My other complaint with the insurance companies is that they don't support motorcycle safety and awareness programs more. If they really wanted to protect their bottom dollar, you would think they would help educate both riders and drivers by supporting classes and programs. Preventing the accident in the first place goes farther than what one is wearing in the event of the crash.
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #91
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,907
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Wow Mike... Very well said. I didn't know all that. Really makes me think, you know, if that's all true I guess it's not so bad. But who pays for all the other costs: fuel, courts, administration, etc.? Is ANY of that paid for by the taxpayers?
When running special assignment depts have a figure involved for every officer out there. I don’t now the exact number but for arguments sake lets say $100. That $100 covers the officers pay, insurance and the daily operating cost (car, gas, ect). So a dept gets $1000 grant they can put out 10 cars on that assignment. Any other cost is minuscule compared to routine daily operation.
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:27 PM   #92
MT-Dawg
Camel Buggy
 
MT-Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-02-07
Location: F-L-I-N-T South Side
Posts: 735
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I got caught up in one of these zones yesterday. The cop pulled me over...not for my seatbelt but because he said my windows in the front of the truck had too much tint. He gave me a warning citation and made me late for work....bastards! Now it seems I need to wear a helmet, a seat belt and bust out my front windows to please Johnny Law.
MT-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #93
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanii View Post
You are correct on that, I'm not saying the law should be more lax in construction zones, just stricter for motorcycle deaths.

My other complaint with the insurance companies is that they don't support motorcycle safety and awareness programs more. If they really wanted to protect their bottom dollar, you would think they would help educate both riders and drivers by supporting classes and programs. Preventing the accident in the first place goes farther than what one is wearing in the event of the crash.
And here's what really gets me: the cop hides behind something and radars you. He pulls you over and spends whatever amount of time writing you a $100 ticket. In the meantime 100 other cars are speeding by.

When I'm going the opposite direction of a cop on the side of the road I speed up because I know where they AREN'T.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:36 PM   #94
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,907
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanii View Post
You are correct on that, I'm not saying the law should be more lax in construction zones, just stricter for motorcycle deaths.

My other complaint with the insurance companies is that they don't support motorcycle safety and awareness programs more. If they really wanted to protect their bottom dollar, you would think they would help educate both riders and drivers by supporting classes and programs. Preventing the accident in the first place goes farther than what one is wearing in the event of the crash.
100% agreed..
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #95
medicbear
Ax me bout ebonics!
 
medicbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-08
Location: se mich
Posts: 413
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjay View Post
x2...just waiting for te goverment to tell me i need to use 5 sheets of toilet paper instead of 4
x3 if you choose to not wear a seatbelt (which i do and would regardless of the law) thats your decision your only taking your life into your hands by not wearing it.... ive seen more fatalities on motorcycles wear a helmet had nothing to do with it most are spinal injuries or appendage injuries... if you cant be responsible enough to make safe decisions on your own behalf then why the hell should the gov't force you to...
medicbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 04:05 PM   #96
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
If this is the way you feel thats fine, theres lots of people that feel the same way. However people with this point of view should have to fill out a form that disqualifys them from any type of insurance, Health or life. So when there are ejected from there car in an accident or they fall of there chopper with out a helmet, they can't collect from the insurance company.

Why? I pay my premiums just like everyone else.

Years ago before it was a law it was OK to not wear them. Now just because the government wants to use this as a way to make $$$ I shouldn't get health care.

You sheep make me laugh. You just do whatever the government says because they say to. Must be right if the government says to do it.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #97
4x Fanatic
Guiness Test Pilot
 
4x Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 3,185
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

:stan3:
.......


:stan3:
.......

:stan3:
.......


:stan3:
.......


:stan3:
......:gman:


:stan3:
......

:stan3:
......


This thread makes me feel kinda' pissy... ya know.
4x Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #98
shavfarm
Newbie
 
shavfarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-19-08
Location: montague, michigan
Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

the government just wants more controle over the people.
shavfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 04:41 PM   #99
YJ_Runner88
Clarkston, Michigan
 
YJ_Runner88's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-27-08
Location: Clarkston/ East Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 162
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to YJ_Runner88
Default

yet another implication of government on the people. They once said... ohhh we are making it a regulation to install seat-belts.... but we will NEVER give out tickets for not wearing them.
YJ_Runner88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #100
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hancho View Post
I think maybe you guys should join a dept and bitch about spending grant money the way the grant was written, and we’ll see how long you last...If you know any thing about grants you know that the money has to be spent on exactly how and on what the grants says it is to be used for. You can bitch all you want, but the money for the grants is provided by insurance companies to protect their bottom line, you as a tax payer spent nothing on it, in fact by doing this the insurance companies are saving you money by being proactive in attempting to keep your insurance rates lower, as well as a way to generate revenue for the State...

Whether you agree with the law or not it is the law, none of you have a leg to stand on when arguing against it. If you don't like the law the get involved, write your congress man and attempted to have them issue a bill to get rid of it...and please post up the results of your endeavors. I laugh my ass off at everyone who gets one of those tickets!!!!

As far as they should be out there doing something else as in fighting real crime, they are fighting real crime. They are on overtime, they are out there doing exactly what they should be doing, no contract cars are being used to cover the enforcement zones and there is no gap in patrol coverage due to the enforcement zones.


Rosie out~

Maybe someone in your department should grab a set of balls and stand up to laziness. Sure they could accept the grant money or say no things. I'm not going to use my valuable police force in a way they they are not being used to the best of their abilities.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Tags
don't forget the donuts, i just peed!, street pizza, warn stupid people

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.29996 seconds with 80 queries