Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 27th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #21
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
I hear from God the Ghost, not God the voice.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 05:52 PM   #22
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
You sure don't.

There are a plethora of references at the bottom of that Wiki page to look through if you are so inclined. The fact is, I have already read what I need to to understand our evolutionary history. You however, never bother to read more than the National Enquirer on the shelf at your local Wal-Mart. Until you provide credible references for your drivel, you will not be taken seriously by anyone who is even semi-intelligent.

Semi intelligent, you just eliminated yourself from the equation. Some day you may grow up.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #23
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,298
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Some day you may grow up.
As may you.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #24
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
As may you.


As well as you.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 06:00 PM   #25
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
As may you.

Mayor H.H. says you better be nice to me or your property taxes will go up.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 06:07 PM   #26
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Not touching this one.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #27
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Not touching this one.
I think it's going to be, pick on the old guy night
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 07:08 PM   #28
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,298
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Mayor H.H. says you better be nice to me or your property taxes will go up.
Gosh Mr Toes, you must be awful big and important to know the mayor of Inkster.

Next time you see him tell him thanks for the new trash can, and I promise this year I'll try to keep my grass cut short enough that he doesn't have to send the lawn cops out to measure it. If he could though, would he please send someone out to figure out where the recent rise in gunfire if coming from?

And it's a good thing for me that Mr. Headlee prevents Mayor Hampton from raising my property taxes.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #29
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Gosh Mr Toes, you must be awful big and important to know the mayor of Inkster.

Next time you see him tell him thanks for the new trash can, and I promise this year I'll try to keep my grass cut short enough that he doesn't have to send the lawn cops out to measure it. If he could though, would he please send someone out to figure out where the recent rise in gunfire if coming from?

And it's a good thing for me that Mr. Headlee prevents Mayor Hampton from raising my property taxes.

The gun fire isn't comming from your house is it?
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #30
kkodet
Formerly Route55
 
kkodet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Location: Marine City, Michigan
Posts: 4,085
iTrader: (47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
did it ever say "the door is a jar" and you thought how the fukc did the door become a jar, like it was some really deep shit? Bill Hicks classic.
Yes, once in awhile. However it did say about every 30 seconds "the electrical system is malfunctioning, pull over immediately"
kkodet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2008, 08:17 PM   #31
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,298
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
The gun fire isn't comming from your house is it?
Nope, nor is it coming at my house. At house around the corner did get shot up a few weeks ago.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #32
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehtowheeler View Post
who says every one belives in god i belive in many gods
I'm going to quote you on this later....
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #33
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
Mike, no one is going to tell you they hear God audibly, but they will, like I have, tell you they have been spoken to in the spirit of God.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #34
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,502
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
I hear from God the Ghost, not God the voice.
x2 but calling it God the Ghost might freek Mike out so I'm going to use the Holy Sprit

. . . which is part of the trinity of God the Father, God the Son and the Holy Spirit.


I love the spiritual tingles of the presence of God when I'm being moved by him!!!


God talks to each person in different ways. Because God's never said, "Drew, what's up?" doesn't mean that I don't believe people who have said that God spoke directly to them.

Evaluate everthing on a case by case basis.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 02:55 PM   #35
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InBBA View Post
x2 but calling it God the Ghost might freek Mike out so I'm going to use the Holy Sprit

. . . which is part of the trinity of God the Father, God the Son and the Holy Spirit.


I love the spiritual tingles of the presence of God when I'm being moved by him!!!


God talks to each person in different ways. Because God's never said, "Drew, what's up?" doesn't mean that I don't believe people who have said that God spoke directly to them.

Evaluate everthing on a case by case basis.
I gotcha. I mostly cringe every time someone says "God told them" something. I have a very short list, less than the number of fingers on my hand, of times when I am certain the Lord issued me a responce to a prayer, or gave me a quickening to act on something or say something on his behalf.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #36
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
I gotcha. I mostly cringe every time someone says "God told them" something. I have a very short list, less than the number of fingers on my hand, of times when I am certain the Lord issued me a responce to a prayer, or gave me a quickening to act on something or say something on his behalf.
ROFL!!!! "Say something on his behalf"....? OMFG, if he's so great, why doesn't he say it directly to someone instead of using you? Hell, I woiuldn't even LISTEN to you if you had the arrogance to try to speak to me FOR some almighty omnipotent god.... Puh-LEEZ!
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #37
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
ROFL!!!! "Say something on his behalf"....? OMFG, if he's so great, why doesn't he say it directly to someone instead of using you? Hell, I woiuldn't even LISTEN to you if you had the arrogance to try to speak to me FOR some almighty omnipotent god.... Puh-LEEZ!
I don't expect you to understand the things of God, since you don't follow Christ, but I will say this: God established us to live in community, and God established his presence not in a building, but in his people. Those who know God are indwelled by his spirit. Consequently, God chooses to use his spirit which is in his people, to accomplish his will. This spirit was given at the time Jesus ascended into heaven. Jesus' followers were not pleased that he was leaving, but he told them that if he does not go, the spririt would never come. So in this age, God's manifestation, and his chosen method, is via communication by the Holy Spirit. This communication can be by any method, including via the mouth of God's people.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 04:13 PM   #38
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,663
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Quote:
Originally Posted by InBBA View Post
x2 but calling it God the Ghost might freek Mike out so I'm going to use the Holy Sprit

. . . which is part of the trinity of God the Father, God the Son and the Holy Spirit.


I love the spiritual tingles of the presence of God when I'm being moved by him!!!


God talks to each person in different ways. Because God's never said, "Drew, what's up?" doesn't mean that I don't believe people who have said that God spoke directly to them.

Evaluate everthing on a case by case basis.
i've gotten tingles, but I thought it was due to the fact that I was laying on my arm and cutting off circulation...maybe it was a sign from a god...now which one...Zeus, Christian/Jewish/Muslim God, Vishnu, too many to pick from...
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 04:16 PM   #39
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
dave kerwin speak to me on occasion, thats as close to god as i will ever get.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #40
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,616
iTrader: (7)
Holy shit.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.20092 seconds with 50 queries