Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 24th, 2008, 05:57 AM   #1
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default interesting porn debate

its been boring in this forum, and I enjoyed watching a debate recently that nightline of abc covered, so here is part one and part two, enjoy!


YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.



YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 07:01 AM   #2
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,281
iTrader: (39)
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Dave, are you for porn, or against porn?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 08:04 AM   #3
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

If everyone was sane, then porn would be fine. The issure arises when nutjobs start getting to excited over it and then try to carry out their fantasies and end up huring someone. There is also the fact that a lot of the porn industry is "underground" and a lot of shady people are involved in some of the smaller operations. I have no problem with a good person watching a good Jenna Jameson flick though. Look at Europe, porn is everywhere and it's socially acceptable.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #4
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
If everyone was sane, then porn would be fine. The issure arises when nutjobs start getting to excited over it and then try to carry out their fantasies and end up huring someone. There is also the fact that a lot of the porn industry is "underground" and a lot of shady people are involved in some of the smaller operations. I have no problem with a good person watching a good Jenna Jameson flick though. Look at Europe, porn is everywhere and it's socially acceptable.
did you catch some of the stats that were mentioned about kids watching it?
how do you feel about that?
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:47 AM   #5
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Dave, are you for porn, or against porn?
I see more harm than good personally.

I can appreciate what some of each party said in the debate, but ultimately I see more trouble than good.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #6
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

CC wanted me to post a pic of him naked to commemerate this thread

Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 12:08 PM   #7
shaker
In the band!
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: West Branch
Posts: 1,070
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

What do porn, wheeling, and firearms have in common?




I enjoy all three, and all three have their own group of yuppies trying to prevent me from enjoying them.
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #8
scottie
American Leyland??
 
scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sweet home Georgia on my mind
Posts: 8,488
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scottie
Default

Porn is less degrading than a lap dancing bar.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #9
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
did you catch some of the stats that were mentioned about kids watching it?
how do you feel about that?
The same way I feel about kids drinking alcohol and smoking cigars. It happens, it shouldn't happen, but I don't think it should be outlawed for everyone because of it.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #10
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I think it's wrong. Big surprise right? I mean, it's so easy for any body to get a hold of it. You can be a 6 year old and type in Porn on Yahoo and there you go. Just click past the 18+ warning, and you're good to go. Not that I condone it, but at least before the internet it was somewhat hard to get it.

I can say that Porn has done nothing but ruined my image of Sex, my wife, and my Friends that are girls. I struggle to this day with it. It's degrading to everone who is envolved. It cheapens one of the best things that God has given us in this life. It also feeds the ever-increasing "I have to have it now"-ness that our culture is falling into. God forbid we wait to have something this great intill we're married. We want it now, So we'll have sex now. It frustrates me.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #11
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I think it's wrong. Big surprise right? I mean, it's so easy for any body to get a hold of it. You can be a 6 year old and type in Porn on Yahoo and there you go. Just click past the 18+ warning, and you're good to go. Not that I condone it, but at least before the internet it was somewhat hard to get it.

I can say that Porn has done nothing but ruined my image of Sex, my wife, and my Friends that are girls. I struggle to this day with it. It's degrading to everone who is envolved. It cheapens one of the best things that God has given us in this life. It also feeds the ever-increasing "I have to have it now"-ness that our culture is falling into. God forbid we wait to have something this great intill we're married. We want it now, So we'll have sex now. It frustrates me.
So just because you can't figure out how to keep your 6 year old from finding it on the internet, and just because you can't use it responsibly and not have it ruin your image of women no one should have it?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 08:33 AM   #12
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Porn is less degrading than a lap dancing bar.
Going to a lap dance bar is like going to a restaraunt whne you're hungry and only being allowed to watch people EAT.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 08:33 AM   #13
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I think it's wrong. Big surprise right? I mean, it's so easy for any body to get a hold of it. You can be a 6 year old and type in Porn on Yahoo and there you go. Just click past the 18+ warning, and you're good to go. Not that I condone it, but at least before the internet it was somewhat hard to get it.

I can say that Porn has done nothing but ruined my image of Sex, my wife, and my Friends that are girls. I struggle to this day with it. It's degrading to everone who is envolved. It cheapens one of the best things that God has given us in this life. It also feeds the ever-increasing "I have to have it now"-ness that our culture is falling into. God forbid we wait to have something this great intill we're married. We want it now, So we'll have sex now. It frustrates me.
The same child can get their hands on your firearms, but who here thinks they should be outlawed?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 08:49 AM   #14
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
So just because you can't figure out how to keep your 6 year old from finding it on the internet, and just because you can't use it responsibly and not have it ruin your image of women no one should have it?

No, what I'm saying is no matter what you think, It ruins your image of women. And also, I don't have a Six year year old, but it still shouldn't be that available. There is no real way to check for age on the internet. I am all for (when I have kids) monitoring thier activity on the computer. The fact of the matter is that if they want to get a hold of it, they can.

And how exactly do you use porn responsibly? How do you degrade women/men and warp the view of Sex responsibly? Or maybe, how do you satisfy your selfish desires responsibly? I don't think there is any way to be responsible. The responsible thing to do would be to wait till you find a Real Girl, Marry her, and then stay true to her the rest of your life. And in this case, I have failed to be Responsible. Only through the Grace of God has my wife put up with me and worked with me to stop going to it.
If you are married then your body is no longer just yours, but also your wifes. What are you saying (non-verbally) to her when you look at porn? That she is not good enough to meet your desires and you have to go to a fake women to meet those needs. I'm sure it just makes her feel like a thousand bucks to know that. Don't tell me that you can be responsible with something as sick as porn. If you believe that, you're a fool. {/rant}
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 09:13 AM   #15
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Porn is less degrading than a lap dancing bar.
Beating your wife is less degrading than chopping her up in pieces
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 09:16 AM   #16
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
No, what I'm saying is no matter what you think, It ruins your image of women. And also, I don't have a Six year year old, but it still shouldn't be that available. There is no real way to check for age on the internet. I am all for (when I have kids) monitoring thier activity on the computer. The fact of the matter is that if they want to get a hold of it, they can.

And how exactly do you use porn responsibly? How do you degrade women/men and warp the view of Sex responsibly? Or maybe, how do you satisfy your selfish desires responsibly? I don't think there is any way to be responsible. The responsible thing to do would be to wait till you find a Real Girl, Marry her, and then stay true to her the rest of your life. And in this case, I have failed to be Responsible. Only through the Grace of God has my wife put up with me and worked with me to stop going to it.
If you are married then your body is no longer just yours, but also your wifes. What are you saying (non-verbally) to her when you look at porn? That she is not good enough to meet your desires and you have to go to a fake women to meet those needs. I'm sure it just makes her feel like a thousand bucks to know that. Don't tell me that you can be responsible with something as sick as porn. If you believe that, you're a fool. {/rant}
I understand your point of view and support your right to have it, but I disagree with regard to my point of view, and that is that I have been more and more in awe of women since a lot of porn has opened my eyes to their needs and such.

I used to think of women as sacred delicate creatures, and many ways still do, but I also learned that many of them like to get their freak on as much as I do. If it weren't for porn I may never had made those discoveries because women won't TELL YOU what they want. They just go along with their man. If you are a boring lay they may still love you and possibly never cheat, but when you screw their brains out and give them one evening to feel like a wild woman, it's amazing how much more affectionate they are for a long time after, and they usually hop up in the morning and make you breakfast too! Porn helped give me the courage to offer them the opportunity to do the things THEY like. I never would have suspected that alot of women like going down on guys more than guys like having it done. Lord knows I never would have tried to do anal on a woman if I hadn't seen so many of them enjoying it. I also learned a lot about technique, and that has helped immensly.

Okay, so you made your wife feel bad because you watched porn while you were married and made her feel insecure. I understand your desire to repent and make up for it, that doesn't mean it does the same harm to other relationships. And as far as degrading the women, look at how many of them LOVE being in porn, do it because they love it so much, and are getting RICH too!

Not all women that do porn are forced to do it.

BTW: on several occasion my late wife rented porn and wanted to watch it with me. It was enlightening, but it also (in the beginning) made me feel insecure too because I didn't look like those guys or have such a big willie or last as long, but I learned to get over myself and learned to give her what she really wanted from it: the action, not the person. I never wanted the women in the porn movies, I wanted MY woman to ACT like the women in the movies, and when she learned what I wanted, SHE DID, and I did the same for her. Gawd she was a great wife!

Last edited by AGoodBuzz; April 25th, 2008 at 09:20 AM.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 09:19 AM   #17
CreativeFab
used to be Ironman
 
CreativeFab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-01-05
Location: midland
Posts: 3,205
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Beating your wife is less degrading than chopping her up in pieces

it's easier to clean up after a good beating than it is a chopping!
CreativeFab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #18
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
And how exactly do you use porn responsibly?
that is the million dollar question
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #19
BLT REXXX
Senior Member
 
BLT REXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Location: Garden City
Posts: 146
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BLT REXXX
Default

Quite honestly, I think it's wrong.
I think that porn really does warp the brain in some sense, and I do think it hurts relationships...I'm eighteen and a female, if 5 or 6 years down the road I get married to a man and find out that when he's behind his desk at work, or on THE FAMILY computer checking out porn I would feel awful. I would feel like I'm not good enough (especially if it was a daily thing) and that i'm not attractive enough. Maybe if he wants to jerk off to two chicks having sex he should be with them, not me.
Another thing: in the video it was brought up and recognized that women in the business get raped, hurt, and can't have children. Just because the numbers from the con side weren't large, it doesn't mean it happens often. Also, I don't think that we should just be looking at the numbers anyways. It's wrong that this is happening at all and both sides can recognize it as if it happens frequently.
As for being an actress/actor... Could they really go home to a family, with a husband or a wife and sleep with them? Could their partner really make an "INTIMATE exchange" with the person they "love" knowing that they may have done the same thing with 10 other people that day? I think that sex is something private, kind of like a gift and something that ONLY the person you love should have. Otherwise, what is your husband/wife getting that no one else gets?
BLT REXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #20
mtnbikinbryno
Senior Member
 
mtnbikinbryno's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: TC
Posts: 5,204
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mtnbikinbryno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT REXXX View Post
=:chiefwoohaw::chiefwoohaw:...I'm eighteen and a female :chiefwoohaw::chiefwoohaw: two chicks having sex :chiefwoohaw::chiefwoohaw:
WPWP.



I apologize, I had to
mtnbikinbryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
dave kerwin, sucks cock

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.28344 seconds with 50 queries