|April 21st, 2008, 07:25 AM||#1|
And yet another Heap.....
SOLD! 1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0L, 4wd, Lifted, auto, Power everything $1200 obo
1998 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) 4x4, auto, 4.0L Inline 6cyl, 135,xxx miles
$1200 or best resonable offer. Tires and rims in picture not included. Comes with stock tires and 5 spoke sport rims. The only trade I am interested in would be a partial trade plus $$ for a 3-4.5" quality brand lift for my 1997 XJ that is almost new (or new of coarse). NO OTHER TRADES PLEASE!!
- Power everything and it all works
- Power sunroof
- Interior is in great shape. It needs a good cleaning. The cargo area trim is beat up a little, but still intact.
- The body is very clean and straight. Very minimal rust on the bottom of passenger side rocker and a couple small spots on the liftgate.
- 3-4Ē suspension lift (not sure the brand) Ė full coils up front , full leafs in back
- transmission shifts fine (in the 50 yards I drove it)
- transfer case shifts fine
- new battery
- new starter
- 2" hitch
- motor has a lower end knock. Runs fine, but knocks after a minute or two. The previous owners claims to have shut the motor off as soon as he lost oil pressure and it started knocking and hasnít driving it since. I started it and drove it to and from the tow dolly on my truck. The PO also claims the head was rebuilt and it has a Crane cam and other performance mods. It also has an exhaust header and aftermarket air intake Ė call for more info
- has some very minor damage to the passenger side rear. Broken tail light and minor dent. Bumper and corner are pushed in on the end about ĹĒ or so. Easy and cheap to fix.
I bought this for a quick project. I planned on dropping a motor in and driving it to death. The problem is I donít have the ability to do the motor work myself, so that doesnít make it such a cost effective deal. I found a different XJ with low miles (of coarse a lot more money) and decided to go that route. I never drove this more than 50 yards, so I canít speak to the condition of the brakes or how the vehicle rides / drives. The PO used it as his daily driver before the motor issue so I canít imagine there were too many problems. Call me for more info.
Last edited by Camo-5; April 25th, 2008 at 08:22 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|