Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:28 AM   #1
scramblerman72
Moonlight stomper
 
scramblerman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scramblerman72 Send a message via MSN to scramblerman72 Send a message via Yahoo to scramblerman72
Default Mornings still suck

I am a 2nd shifter at heart, and when laidoff I go to bed around 5 am and get back up around 11 am, though I do get up at 730am to ge the kids off on the buss but go back to bed.

now that work is about to start back up I have been takeing sleeping pills around 11pm so I am tired by midnight and getting up at 730 am and staying up, and even though I am getting used to it again, it still sucks big donkey balls being up this early:stan3:
scramblerman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:51 AM   #2
scramblerman72
Moonlight stomper
 
scramblerman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scramblerman72 Send a message via MSN to scramblerman72 Send a message via Yahoo to scramblerman72
Default

Guess I am up I shoudl go and work out in the AM isteed of at night
scramblerman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:54 AM   #3
Bishop
Senior Member
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-07
Location: brighton, atlanta, MI
Posts: 3,587
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bishop
Default

i hear ya. i stayed at the girl friends too long last night and left around 5am and havent been able to sleep sence. and work from 3pm to 10pm
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 03:01 PM   #4
scramblerman72
Moonlight stomper
 
scramblerman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scramblerman72 Send a message via MSN to scramblerman72 Send a message via Yahoo to scramblerman72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrifrocks2005 View Post
i hear ya. i stayed at the girl friends too long last night and left around 5am and havent been able to sleep sence. and work from 3pm to 10pm
WPWP
scramblerman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:36 PM   #5
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,983
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
Default

I hate mornings... I have my whole life. Even when I get conditioned to get up without an alarm, I still hate it.
__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:56 PM   #6
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,306
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Yeah I am also a second shifter. Mornings blow. The only thing about working 1st shift that I like is that it seems that I have more useable time in the day to get shit done, or do things.
montecarlo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:14 PM   #7
scramblerman72
Moonlight stomper
 
scramblerman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scramblerman72 Send a message via MSN to scramblerman72 Send a message via Yahoo to scramblerman72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyevil View Post
I hate mornings... I have my whole life. Even when I get conditioned to get up without an alarm, I still hate it.

Me to takes me a LONG time to get used to it, and ounly one day to mess it up, wich happens just about every weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlo33 View Post
Yeah I am also a second shifter. Mornings blow. The only thing about working 1st shift that I like is that it seems that I have more useable time in the day to get shit done, or do things.

If i don't need someitng from a store It doesn't matter to me I do more in my garage from noon to midnight then any other time, some times there are alot ot 5 am trips also but thats usally when I am painting a truck and I stay up and play on teh computer between coats of paint/clear
scramblerman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:29 PM   #8
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,929
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Good morning
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 10:28 AM   #9
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 9,939
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

2nd shifter. 3-11. I am contemplating taking a 1st shift since I have a kid on the way. But 6am to 2pm just isnt attractive.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 10:40 AM   #10
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,371
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlo33 View Post
Yeah I am also a second shifter. Mornings blow. The only thing about working 1st shift that I like is that it seems that I have more useable time in the day to get shit done, or do things.

Same here. I'm a second shift person trapped in a first shift world.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #11
greygoose
I'm the dude
 
greygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-08
Location: New Baltimore / Presque Isle
Posts: 6,081
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Where do all you guys work at where there are shifts? The big 3??
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 12:27 PM   #12
scramblerman72
Moonlight stomper
 
scramblerman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scramblerman72 Send a message via MSN to scramblerman72 Send a message via Yahoo to scramblerman72
Default

lots of places, or wher eyou live does the place close down at 5 pm think about it:miff:

and I am a first shifter by Job but 2nd by nature, wich a few that posted also stated
scramblerman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 03:23 PM   #13
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 9,939
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

Just about any factory will have shifts. I long for the day where Im 8-5.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 03:31 AM   #14
scramblerman72
Moonlight stomper
 
scramblerman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scramblerman72 Send a message via MSN to scramblerman72 Send a message via Yahoo to scramblerman72
Default

So much for getting on a morning routine, I had a friend call me at 9pm because he has his Good motor in his engine builders shop and turns out his block was questonable so he droped off another block so he wanted me to come over and assemble his old Race motor for him so he can bog it next weekendwe got the short block done and I just got home, I might just pull a all nighter with a small nap tomorrow so it wont through me off.... if I go to bed now I will be screwed and sleep till 11am
scramblerman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 03:44 AM   #15
rallyemore
Snowman
 
rallyemore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,176
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rallyemore
Default

Not to downplay your troubles, but I used to work 7a-11p 6 days a week for a couple months in a truss factory. Got old fast, but the money was... well, nice to say the least.

Question though, to the people with less that desirable shifts; is there an incentive to work the "bad" shifts? More cash/different things to do/less to do?

And note who is up at almost 5 am and can't sleep... fucking starbucks.
rallyemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 03:50 AM   #16
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,306
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
Where do all you guys work at where there are shifts? The big 3??
Trucking company dispatcher. We are a 24/7 operation.
montecarlo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 03:54 AM   #17
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,306
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramblerman72 View Post
If i don't need someitng from a store It doesn't matter to me I do more in my garage from noon to midnight then any other time, some times there are alot ot 5 am trips also but thats usally when I am painting a truck and I stay up and play on teh computer between coats of paint/clear
I wasnt really talking about getting to stores or anything like that, even though thats true too. I seem to sleep in a bit more working 2nds, cause I stay up till 3 or 4am, so I end up sleeping to the last minute, getting up and getting ready for work, going to work, coming home and doing shit for a few hours then all over again. When I worked firsts, I got off at like 4pm and started at 7am, so from 4pm to around midnight, It just seemed I had more free time. Maybe I just need to quit being a lazy ass and get out of bed sooner.
montecarlo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 04:07 AM   #18
scramblerman72
Moonlight stomper
 
scramblerman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scramblerman72 Send a message via MSN to scramblerman72 Send a message via Yahoo to scramblerman72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyemore View Post
Not to downplay your troubles, but I used to work 7a-11p 6 days a week for a couple months in a truss factory. Got old fast, but the money was... well, nice to say the least.

Question though, to the people with less that desirable shifts; is there an incentive to work the "bad" shifts? More cash/different things to do/less to do?

And note who is up at almost 5 am and can't sleep... fucking starbucks.
I used to work them hours when I first opened my body shop years ago untill we were going good enough and had 9 emploies then I said never again, and never will, for me to burn both end of the candle its for fun not work
scramblerman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 04:08 AM   #19
scramblerman72
Moonlight stomper
 
scramblerman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scramblerman72 Send a message via MSN to scramblerman72 Send a message via Yahoo to scramblerman72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlo33 View Post
I wasnt really talking about getting to stores or anything like that, even though thats true too. I seem to sleep in a bit more working 2nds, cause I stay up till 3 or 4am, so I end up sleeping to the last minute, getting up and getting ready for work, going to work, coming home and doing shit for a few hours then all over again. When I worked firsts, I got off at like 4pm and started at 7am, so from 4pm to around midnight, It just seemed I had more free time. Maybe I just need to quit being a lazy ass and get out of bed sooner.
I guess there is truth to what you said also, as it its easier to do things when you ahve a bunch of daylight, it does make you more energedic...I ussly don't like hangin in teh garage unless driven by friends or the wife AT FIRST but once I am going I am hard to stop....
scramblerman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 04:11 AM   #20
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,306
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramblerman72 View Post
I guess there is truth to what you said also, as it its easier to do things when you ahve a bunch of daylight, it does make you more energedic...I ussly don't like hangin in teh garage unless driven by friends or the wife AT FIRST but once I am going I am hard to stop....
Yeah I just seem to get more done. But I prefer the 2nd shift life style, expecally now that I get out of work at 11pm, its perfect bar time.
montecarlo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.19441 seconds with 50 queries