Gonna be a bad year.. - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 7th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #1
JEEPR
Playing Possum
 
JEEPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Harrison Township
Posts: 6,744
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Gonna be a bad year..

Better stay alert! I predict a banner year for motorcycle accidents. I just ran out to a few stores and there is more junk on the road than I have ever seen.

I guess it's the high gas prices, but the first warm day and there is every conceivable type of crappy old motorcycle driving around town! I swear I saw an old 70s Honda that looked like it hadn't been on the street since the BeeGees were popular! The goof driving it was decked out in tis WWII helmet and goggles with a couple of grocery bags bungied to the seat.

I saw at least 4 people that really looked like they hadn't had their bike out in 15 years.. If you can't leave a red light without stalling, and then have to push start it, you may want to take a couple days to practice before hitting the eight lane raceway!
JEEPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 7th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #2
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,054
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

and people are driving like complete a-holes...but nothing new there...I rode into work today and had someone switch lanes right in front of me...luckly I got out of the way in time, and when I honked my horn the dumbass gave me the bird...I was so pissed but I had to laugh about...
High Center Hancho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 04:13 PM   #3
JEEPR
Playing Possum
 
JEEPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Harrison Township
Posts: 6,744
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hancho View Post
and people are driving like complete a-holes...but nothing new there...I rode into work today and had someone switch lanes right in front of me...luckly I got out of the way in time, and when I honked my horn the dumbass gave me the bird...I was so pissed but I had to laugh about...

I know, i can't believe how brave people are in cars! especially women. I wish they would think back to the story on the news about how someone randomly stopped and stomped the piss out of someone before they throw the bird. They apparently can't make the connection that most ass-whooping aren't random and they shouldn't flip off strangers. You would think they would say to themselves, "Hey, that guy is honking his horn at me, did I do something wrong?", not "Fuck you, serial killer!"
JEEPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #4
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,521
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

yep, already witnessed my first "he will die soon" motorcycle guy on I-75. He had to be going a buck twenty, when he put his body up to wind break, it knocked him back and he pulled on the throttle. Almost fell off the back of the bike.


moron.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 04:45 PM   #5
brandonfiremedic
Senior Member
 
brandonfiremedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: ortonville
Posts: 882
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to brandonfiremedic Send a message via Yahoo to brandonfiremedic
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
yep, already witnessed my first "he will die soon" motorcycle guy on I-75. He had to be going a buck twenty, when he put his body up to wind break, it knocked him back and he pulled on the throttle. Almost fell off the back of the bike.


moron.
Oh the times you wish you had a video camera....
brandonfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #6
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 9,947
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
yep, already witnessed my first "he will die soon" motorcycle guy on I-75. He had to be going a buck twenty, when he put his body up to wind break, it knocked him back and he pulled on the throttle. Almost fell off the back of the bike.


moron.
When i was younger I put my body up at about 155.
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70 with 125cc motor
booblinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #7
milje
moo
 
milje's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-20-06
Location: there
Posts: 2,631
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPR View Post
I swear I saw an old 70s Honda that looked like it hadn't been on the street since the BeeGees were popular! The goof driving it was decked out in tis WWII helmet and goggles with a couple of grocery bags bungied to the seat.
Did it look like this?

milje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #8
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,054
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPR View Post
I know, i can't believe how brave people are in cars! especially women. I wish they would think back to the story on the news about how someone randomly stopped and stomped the piss out of someone before they throw the bird. They apparently can't make the connection that most ass-whooping aren't random and they shouldn't flip off strangers. You would think they would say to themselves, "Hey, that guy is honking his horn at me, did I do something wrong?", not "Fuck you, serial killer!"

If he would have hit me, I would have hit him....But when these things happen to me I always think...Do I want to be that guy on the news...the answer always come back...NOPE!!!:tonka:
High Center Hancho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #9
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 9,947
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milje View Post
Did it look like this?

Thats an 80s Honda
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70 with 125cc motor
booblinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #10
milje
moo
 
milje's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-20-06
Location: there
Posts: 2,631
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booblinker View Post
Thats an 80s Honda
:chiefwoohaw:
milje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 06:23 PM   #11
JEEPR
Playing Possum
 
JEEPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Harrison Township
Posts: 6,744
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milje View Post
Did it look like this?



Picture this sitting behind your garage since 1981 until yesterday when you pulled it out, duct taped the seat, put some air in the tires, gas in the tank and hit the road..
:tonka:
JEEPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #12
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 9,947
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPR View Post
Picture this sitting behind your garage since 1981 until yesterday when you pulled it out, duct taped the seat, put some air in the tires, gas in the tank and hit the road..
:tonka:
If that sat behind my garage for 26 years and looked that good i would be amazed. And I don't think that thing would move my fat ass over 40mph.
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70 with 125cc motor
booblinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #13
JEEPR
Playing Possum
 
JEEPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Harrison Township
Posts: 6,744
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

No, the one I saw looked like it had been sitting outside.. It was a road-pizza waiting to happen. The guy just looked thoroughly confused by everything going on.
JEEPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.22237 seconds with 59 queries