What a Piece of Sh!t - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 29th, 2008, 01:32 AM   #21
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato2k5 View Post
If that happend than you would be charged with assault. But as for the dogs being taken back, if you have video proof of his beatings than i'm sure the animal controlw ould just take the dogs from you??

Idk, it would be worth giving him a beatdown.
you would be charged with battery. not assault.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 29th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #22
Smiley
Senior Member
 
Smiley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-26-05
Location: Byron Center
Posts: 813
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The neighbor, by his own statement, watched it happen daily for over two years before taking action. That in itself is sad.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 09:33 AM   #23
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square-D View Post
I, in no way, believe in hurting animals, but I have a much bigger problem with people that treat animal abuse as worse than child abuse.

Beat your kid, you're a bad parent. Beat your pet, time for the chair. :shakes head:
X2.

I often think that the sometimes distorted level of value people place on pets is a another sign that our culture is ready to start it's slide back to the bottom (like the excesses of ancient Rome).

PETS ARE NOT KIDS. NO, YOUR DOG IS NOT SMARTER THAN MY HONOR STUDENT. I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO TAILGATE VEHICLES "TRANSPORTING SHOW DOGS". ANIMALS ARE PROPERTY, NOT PEOPLE. THEY DO NOT HAVE RIGHTS. To paraphrase an excellent quote from Penn Gillette: The nastiest, grungiest, most corrupt hardcore crack addict is worth more than any animal, because they're a person.

Still, anybody that abuses a defenseless animal has issues. I understand that animal cruelty (especially to with particularly defenseless animals) is a very common occurrence with those who develop into serial killers.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.

Last edited by DuffMan; March 29th, 2008 at 09:43 AM.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #24
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,754
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I disagree. I would rather see a worhtless pieceo of shit crack head dead than a good hunting dog. Crackhead will steal from you and not care, dog will love you no matter what and bite the crackhead trying to steal from you.
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #25
BMFmike
meh.
 
BMFmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Grand Haven
Posts: 7,816
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square-D View Post
I, in no way, believe in hurting animals, but I have a much bigger problem with people that treat animal abuse as worse than child abuse.

Beat your kid, you're a bad parent. Beat your pet, time for the chair. :shakes head:
I am going to slap you in the mouth.

Beat your kid and your doing this world a favor and it least making one hardass in the next generation.
BMFmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #26
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.
 
liv2mx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: silver lake and up in the air building america
Posts: 11,266
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

all i will say is nobody fucks with my dogs!!! they are my kids...to say a animal does not mean anything is just crazy.
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:02 PM   #27
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,970
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFmike View Post
I am going to slap you in the mouth.

Beat your kid and your doing this world a favor and it least making one hardass in the next generation.
Discipline your child. Which includes spanking, smacking, stearn voices, grounding, etc.

beating your child is knocking them around for no reason or to excess when they do wrong.

I firmly believe in discipline. My son is 2.5 and I can count how many times he has needed a spanking on one hand. They learn very quickly.
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:04 PM   #28
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,970
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat_Black View Post
i fuckin hate people that beat on someone or something that can not defend its self. animal abuse is as bad as child abuse, in my eyes my dogs are like my kids.
No, child abuse is much worse. However I agree that abusing animals is horrible. But I honestly can say I care MUCH more about my child then I do my dog. I care an awful lot for my dog. But the bond between father and child and the love is much stronger.
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #29
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,508
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

We have two dogs (pit/boxer mix, beagle) and two cats.

While I wouldn't harm them, or want to see them harmed, they are still animals. They will likely die long before I do, and when they do, that's that much less crap I need to clean up.

If it were just me here, I wouldn't have pets because I don't have the time to spend on them. My wife and kids begged me for them, and it's a fight to get anyone to clean up after them. When the pit chewed up a couch, I probably would have taken him out and put a bullet in his head if I had a gun, or if I felt like cleaning up THAT mess.

For the animal lovers here, sorry if I offend you. But that is why when I was single I had no pets.
I like animals, just don't WANT animals.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 01:09 PM   #30
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,043
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

He looks like your typical white trash from that part of the state.

No offense to those that live up there, but I was in Big Rapids for four years of my life.
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 01:57 PM   #31
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
X2.

I often think that the sometimes distorted level of value people place on pets is a another sign that our culture is ready to start it's slide back to the bottom (like the excesses of ancient Rome).

PETS ARE NOT KIDS. NO, YOUR DOG IS NOT SMARTER THAN MY HONOR STUDENT. I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO TAILGATE VEHICLES "TRANSPORTING SHOW DOGS". ANIMALS ARE PROPERTY, NOT PEOPLE. THEY DO NOT HAVE RIGHTS. To paraphrase an excellent quote from Penn Gillette: The nastiest, grungiest, most corrupt hardcore crack addict is worth more than any animal, because they're a person.

Still, anybody that abuses a defenseless animal has issues. I understand that animal cruelty (especially to with particularly defenseless animals) is a very common occurrence with those who develop into serial killers.

I agree 100%


Arf Arf whats for dinner




Might be uncalled for but it happens!!!
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #32
jeepman784
Now pedals a bicycle
 
jeepman784's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: grand rapids area, michigan
Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepman784
Default

hmmm.. g uess i don't understand what pleasure he gets out of keeping the dogs or what he is doing to them... maybe he thinks he's keepin em mean to guard his awesome castle.

feeds them, cleans up their poop, takes the time to build them houses, but beats the ell out o em. doesn't make sense

what a moron... have fun in PMITA prison
jeepman784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #33
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,754
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Hey Toes you ASSHOLE i said dont post in my threads. I dont want to see that shit. You are a complete fucking moron
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 02:55 PM   #34
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,754
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
We have two dogs (pit/boxer mix, beagle) and two cats.

While I wouldn't harm them, or want to see them harmed, they are still animals. They will likely die long before I do, and when they do, that's that much less crap I need to clean up.

If it were just me here, I wouldn't have pets because I don't have the time to spend on them. My wife and kids begged me for them, and it's a fight to get anyone to clean up after them. When the pit chewed up a couch, I probably would have taken him out and put a bullet in his head if I had a gun, or if I felt like cleaning up THAT mess.

For the animal lovers here, sorry if I offend you. But that is why when I was single I had no pets.
I like animals, just don't WANT animals.



Just because you dont want animals does not mean that they should be beat or shot just because The owner dont want to take care of them. I posted this because it is distrubing that someone would beat there dogs for the simple reason of beating them. If you dont want to them then dont have them. Simple as that. My dogs are a part of my family. Are they my kids? I dont know. They dont require as much attention as kids. I have wanted to shoot them a time or 2 but that dont mean i would have. I guess some people should not have pets is the point i was making.
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 03:19 PM   #35
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,508
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullsize4life View Post
Just because you dont want animals does not mean that they should be beat or shot just because The owner dont want to take care of them. I posted this because it is distrubing that someone would beat there dogs for the simple reason of beating them. If you dont want to them then dont have them. Simple as that. My dogs are a part of my family. Are they my kids? I dont know. They dont require as much attention as kids. I have wanted to shoot them a time or 2 but that dont mean i would have. I guess some people should not have pets is the point i was making.
If you read my post carefully, you'll see that we agree.
Yes, I felt like shooting the pit when he chewed up a $1000 sofa.
Didn't tho...

I don't beat the dogs, and they seem to be more attached to me than the family members that supposedly wanted them.

Because I realize I don't have the time or patience for pets, I prefer not to have them.
My wife is a pet nut, she'd grab every stray out there if she could, and she has found homes for a few strays. But she doesn't have the time either. Our son is just plain lazy, part of being a teenager I guess He'll take care of the pets, but only when reminded at high volume or if we text message him (don't laugh, it works)

I just think there are far too many folks who like the idea of pets, but can't handle the reality.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 06:00 PM   #36
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,754
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Yes sire i do agree with you. I do hope that people learn from this
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 09:10 PM   #37
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,043
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

I'm kinda with Fullsize4life on this one. I'd rather see a well behaved dog live than a pedophile rapist murderer dood.

I don't like the people though that would pull over off the freeway to help a stray dog, but never pull over to help a fellow stranded human.
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #38
Christmas Cookie
rack tap re-rack click
 
Christmas Cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,530
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post

To paraphrase an excellent quote from Penn Gillette: The nastiest, grungiest, most corrupt hardcore crack addict is worth more than any animal, because they're a person.
Bullshit I think you need to meet and deal with a few of these fine pieces of shits yourself....animals are worth WAY more than the scumbags you are describing in your quote..
Christmas Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #39
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,754
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hancho View Post
Bullshit I think you need to meet and deal with a few of these fine pieces of shits yourself....animals are worth WAY more than the scumbags you are describing in your quote..



Yes i agree with this. Mike Hancho is alright in my book
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #40
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I believe that animals are property, but as living creatures they have basic "rights", such as food, water, shelter and being treated with respect and kindness. violence has never made a good dog.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.35086 seconds with 80 queries