this is what easter is really about - Page 7 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #121
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,949
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
to be fair, it's not like I compare it to modern day Christianity. I also call Hitler a nut, but I don't compare him with modern day Germans.

Yeah, but it's still a bias. and If I can't have a Bias, you can't have a Bias. Ahhh, I'm having too much fun.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:46 PM   #122
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Yeah, but it's still a bias. and If I can't have a Bias, you can't have a Bias. Ahhh, I'm having too much fun.
but agnosticism/atheism is NOT a religion, it is a lack of religion. So, I am not pushing a religion, (I'm not pushing a non-religion, either, but for the sake of argument) You would be talking about jebus with kids on the school bus, thus pushing a religion. Who is legally in the wrong here? I think we know the answer to that.

If a kid was to renounce his religion after me describing the Spanish Inquisition, good for him, but I'm not pushing an agenda. I think it's good for the students to learn about atrocities committed in the name of religion, because they surely aren't hearing about them in church, i'm sure.

So do you think that Science teachers who teach evolution are biased and criticizing religion by teaching evolution?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:32 PM   #123
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,484
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
but agnosticism/atheism is NOT a religion, it is a lack of religion. So, I am not pushing a religion, (I'm not pushing a non-religion, either, but for the sake of argument) You would be talking about jebus with kids on the school bus, thus pushing a religion. Who is legally in the wrong here? I think we know the answer to that.

If a kid was to renounce his religion after me describing the Spanish Inquisition, good for him, but I'm not pushing an agenda. I think it's good for the students to learn about atrocities committed in the name of religion, because they surely aren't hearing about them in church, i'm sure.

So do you think that Science teachers who teach evolution are biased and criticizing religion by teaching evolution?
It's all in how you present it. If you present it as "People have done bad things and used religion to justify it" I would have no problem with it because you're presenting facts, but if you present it as "Religion is bad, because bad things have been done in the name of religion" then I would have a problem with it because you're presenting your biased opinion.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #124
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
It's all in how you present it. If you present it as "People have done bad things and used religion to justify it" I would have no problem with it because you're presenting facts, but if you present it as "Religion is bad, because bad things have been done in the name of religion" then I would have a problem with it because you're presenting your biased opinion.
I would frame it the former rather than the latter.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:44 PM   #125
IrishChef
Comfortably Numb
 
IrishChef's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-02-06
Location: Norway, MI.
Posts: 726
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Easter is about Jesus....when he comes out of his cave, if he sees his shadow, it's spring, and if not he goes to heaven. Don't you guys know ANYthing?
__________________
"Am I dead yet?"
IrishChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:15 AM   #126
K&J's Dad
Senior Member
 
K&J's Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-11-07
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 227
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishChef View Post
Easter is about Jesus....when he comes out of his cave, if he sees his shadow, it's spring, and if not he goes to heaven. Don't you guys know ANYthing?


I missed it on the news, did he see his shadow this year? I want it to start warming up. :tonka:
K&J's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 10:05 AM   #127
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I checked out that web site, it was entertaining, the quiz's where a little lame. You and 84Scambled Eggs might want to address something

Membership in the nonprofit, tax-exempt Foundation

Thats from the website

Think of the tax money that isn't being paid to a huge number of locales across the US. I disagree with churches having tax exempt status

Thats from Scambled Eggs post

Same old stuff eh, the pot calling the kettle black.


It would be kinda neat to see you guy's actually contribute some constructive fodder for conversation this time instead of " your a retard " or " your an idiot "
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #128
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Your character has been demonstrated repeatedly on this board. I guarantee that I am not on any ignore list on GL4x4. I know for a fact you have been ignored by several people on here. I should be one of them. But, you are like a horrible traffic accident that I just can't keep myself from staring at. I only react as I posted to those that get what they deserve for being complete assholes to other members of society such as you have. You never know when to shut your mouth and always go one step further than any sane person would. You claim to be so goody two shoes and all Christian, but you sure as hell don't act like it. Practice what you preach and maybe someone on this board will have any respect for you.

Just for the record, how many times have you been suspended or banned from this website now? I can't even remember all the user names you have used to weasal your whiny ass back onto this board. I'm just glad that it was my wife and I that outed you once. Of all the years I have been on these boards, I have gotten a grand total of ONE infraction over something trivial.

Here is a "pat" on the back for you o awesome one. Please do me the favor of adding me to your ignore list, I would be honored to be ignored by you I do remember my bannishments quite well and on most cases I wasn't in the wrong (I can name a few if you'd like where I stuck the my morals and was banned because of it). . . a few times it was just because I thought provoking the likes of you and similar people like yourself would be a good time and well it was but at the same time I derserved getting banned.


And once again I commend most of your for a very well thoughtout discussion. Only a few names were called and hurtfull comments have been made but in light of other threads this one has been much better then the usuall discussions on GL4x4

so keep it up

Last edited by Chiefwoohaw; March 26th, 2008 at 12:53 PM.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:02 PM   #129
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,942
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBBA View Post
Here is a "pat" on the back for you o awesome one. Please do me the favor of adding me to your ignore list, I would be honored to be ignored by you I do remember my bannishments quite well and on most cases I wasn't in the wrong (I can name a few if you'd like where I stuck the my morals and was banned because of it). . . a few times it was just because I thought provoking the likes of you and similar people like yourself would be a good time and well it was but at the same time I derserved getting banned.
You are so full of yourself I almost choked on that one. Stuck to your morals. Thought provoking. Yes, you are just awe inspiring.

I've never seen a "customer service" person so full of how great they are. When do you get to grow up and actually do something at work?
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #130
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
You are so full of yourself I almost choked on that one. Stuck to your morals. Thought provoking. Yes, you are just awe inspiring.

I've never seen a "customer service" person so full of how great they are. When do you get to grow up and actually do something at work?
Yup, dressing like a slut is bad and stealing from tax payers is bad . . . my mind won't change on that.

I service large corporations . . . what that has to do with this thread is beyond me but as you might see tthe long delay between post is do to work. I would imagine the same can be said for yourself that is if your are being a productive member to society.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #131
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,942
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBBA View Post
I service large corporations . . .
One at a time, or is it more of a gang bang... :tonka:
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 02:10 PM   #132
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBBA View Post
Yup, dressing like a slut is bad and stealing from tax payers is bad . . . my mind won't change on that.
Drew, I'm your friend, but if those things are so bad, don't worry, your god will be able to judge those people. you don't have to.

pfff. dressing like a slut is bad...what are you the moral police?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #133
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
One at a time, or is it more of a gang bang... :tonka:
More of a gang bang if you want to turn my business into some sexual servicing that you understand then so be it. :miff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Drew, I'm your friend, but if those things are so bad, don't worry, your god will be able to judge those people. you don't have to.

pfff. dressing like a slut is bad...what are you the moral police?
Yes I guess you could call me the moral police. I try to do my best so your kids have a nice world to live in where their is less stealing and women asking for it :tonka:

Yes, my God will judge them but I see it fit to try to help the people of this world at it's current time the best I can with the morals I have.

So, yes Jesus hater I am somtimes the moral police (J/K on the Jesus Hating)

Last edited by Chiefwoohaw; March 26th, 2008 at 02:21 PM.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #134
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,942
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Drew, I'm your friend, but if those things are so bad, don't worry, your god will be able to judge those people. you don't have to.

pfff. dressing like a slut is bad...what are you the moral police?
Yep, the Christians have become the morality police. Their will be done, on Earth as it is in Fantasy Land.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #135
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Yep, the Christians have become the morality police. Their will be done, on Earth as it is in Fantasy Land.
For your soul's sake your better be right -

I would like to see Sova's kids grow up in a nice society, not a society similar to sodom and gomorrah. I'm trying to see how that is bad, I'm sure you'll tell me.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #136
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,949
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
but agnosticism/atheism is NOT a religion, it is a lack of religion. So, I am not pushing a religion, (I'm not pushing a non-religion, either, but for the sake of argument) You would be talking about jebus with kids on the school bus, thus pushing a religion. Who is legally in the wrong here? I think we know the answer to that.
I don't talk to them about jesus. I'm not allowed. If they ask me a question I will answer it. I Do, however, live my life in a way to show those kids the love of Jesus and that I know that love. There's nothing wrong with that.
Maybe you do present a fairly unbias opinion and if you don't, oh well, It's cool. I had teachers in my high school openly attack students because of their faith. From the way you interact on this board and your "zeal" I got the impression you may be one of these kind of people. But, I'm sure you act differently on this board then you do in a teaching postion.
For as much as I think the idea of Seperation of Church and State is good, I think that it's abused too much in sistuations like my high old high school.


Quote:
If a kid was to renounce his religion after me describing the Spanish Inquisition, good for him, but I'm not pushing an agenda. I think it's good for the students to learn about atrocities committed in the name of religion, because they surely aren't hearing about them in church, i'm sure.
If I was called to be a youth pastor I would talk about it. But God has a plan for me in the Camping Ministry area. I will talk about it there. How many people do think a Church would attract if they put on the little Sign "How many times the church has F***ed up"? Literally, that writing with out the editing.

Quote:
So do you think that Science teachers who teach evolution are biased and criticizing religion by teaching evolution?
Nope. They are doing what they are told. I'm not going to say anything else on that subject. I dont' want to start anything close to the likes of that discussion. Let's just say, When Ben Steins movie comes out I will go watch it and be happy.



Inbba and Scrambler. I'm gonna tell my mom on you.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 12:29 PM   #137
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBBA View Post
Yes I guess you could call me the moral police. I try to do my best so your kids have a nice world to live in where their is less stealing and women asking for it :tonka:

Yes, my God will judge them but I see it fit to try to help the people of this world at it's current time the best I can with the morals I have.

So, yes Jesus hater I am somtimes the moral police (J/K on the Jesus Hating)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:00 PM   #138
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
what are you doing now taking pictures of my bumper stickers.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #139
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Trying to be like MuddyPaws with pointless pictures??
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:24 PM   #140
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBBA View Post
Trying to be like MuddyPaws with pointless pictures??
no, just giving you, the moral police, your next assignment, that is, after you're done calling ladies sluts for their attire and your other duties.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.40147 seconds with 80 queries