Annoying Liberals - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 16th, 2008, 10:19 PM   #21
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
toes is a major league cocksucker.
fixed
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 17th, 2008, 06:28 AM   #22
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
fixed

Another classic Piss Boy response. I can almost hear the seven year old boy sounding squealing voice saying LOOK EVERBODY I TYPED THE WORD COCKSUCKER.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #23
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I don't think the liberals have a monopoly on being annoying. Just as some liberals will lecture about their environmental beliefs and try to impose them on everyone there's conservatives that will try to do the same with their religious beliefs. Just as some liberals will accuse people who disagree as "not being well read" theres conservative that will tell you that unless you've read books by Ayn Rand you can't possibly understand how capitalism is supposed to work.

I think that at the root of the problem is that we've largely given over all discussion of issues to the extremists on both sides while those of us with moderate views sit quietly on the sidelines.


X3




I was looking at the original post and thinking if you replace the word Liberal with the word Conservative, it would still ring true.

When in a conversation with someone who shares my views, it is just that, a conversation, nothing annoying about it, just sharing thoughts.

When in a conversation with someone who does ny share my views it can become an annoying debate, or even an argument very easily.

It is all a matter of perspective.

Brewmenn has it right. The extremists have taken over the stage and the moderates (by any count, still the majority) are playing second fiddle.

Brewmenn and I both consider ourselves moderates. He leans right, I lean left. We agree on many issues and part ways on others. But we can and will listen to each others views without considering it to be annoying noise. This is how things get done. Listening to each other.


BTW, I have found those from India who I have met, to be very, very conservative in most ways. And I have met plenty of them.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 01:53 PM   #24
schweeb
spelling nazi
 
schweeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-02-07
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 2,563
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
X3




I was looking at the original post and thinking if you replace the word Liberal with the word Conservative, it would still ring true.

When in a conversation with someone who shares my views, it is just that, a conversation, nothing annoying about it, just sharing thoughts.

When in a conversation with someone who does ny share my views it can become an annoying debate, or even an argument very easily.

It is all a matter of perspective.

Brewmenn has it right. The extremists have taken over the stage and the moderates (by any count, still the majority) are playing second fiddle.

Brewmenn and I both consider ourselves moderates. He leans right, I lean left. We agree on many issues and part ways on others. But we can and will listen to each others views without considering it to be annoying noise. This is how things get done. Listening to each other.


BTW, I have found those from India who I have met, to be very, very conservative in most ways. And I have met plenty of them.
still missing the point... On occasion it can ring true if you replace with conservative, there are always those people.

The point is that the occurrence seems to happen much more on the liberal side of things. In general they seem to be much more willing to open their mouths to immediately dismiss your intelligence, they have quite an air of superiority about them. I may hate many liberal views, but I never think I'm superior because I'm conservative.

What seems to have happened is that due to the fact that many of our educators lean towards liberalism, many seem to have associated being educated with being liberal.
__________________
[FlatFender]: ill put it like this, if she wasnt MY aunt, id hit on her
schweeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 04:05 PM   #25
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweeb View Post
still missing the point... On occasion it can ring true if you replace with conservative, there are always those people.

The point is that the occurrence seems to happen much more on the liberal side of things. In general they seem to be much more willing to open their mouths to immediately dismiss your intelligence, they have quite an air of superiority about them. I may hate many liberal views, but I never think I'm superior because I'm conservative.

What seems to have happened is that due to the fact that many of our educators lean towards liberalism, many seem to have associated being educated with being liberal.

Ahh, but you see, being a person that leans to the left, I hear the exact opposite as you. I hear the pundits screaming. The talking heads like Limbaugh spouting his half truths and innuendo.

I have heard the superior attitudes form Conservatives for years. Heck you can see it on this forum too. Not talking about those that have informed discussions. Not the ones who want healthy debate. But the ones that insult others who do not share their beliefs beliefs.

In my experience, I have seen more conservatives do this than liberals.

For every left wing save something rally, there is a right wing fire and brimstone speech in a pulpit.


As far as the education comments, I would look at that is opening students up to a diversity of opinions. Yes, there are some very liberal educators, but there are some very conservative ones as well. Just like there are conservative actors and liberal businessmen.

Instead of the labels, they should work together to find solutions that work best for all. Not just what works best for their narrow beliefs.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #26
gehtowheeler
what dreams are made of
 
gehtowheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-07
Location: davison
Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to gehtowheeler
Default

i deem libreals to be un human and conservatives to be ass holes so i vote for who ever lets me keep my guns
gehtowheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #27
suckyjunk
Senior Member
 
suckyjunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-26-06
Location: New Lothrop, MI
Posts: 854
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehtowheeler View Post
i deem libreals to be un human and conservatives to be ass holes so i vote for who ever lets me keep my guns
that will only last long enuf for a "GUNS FOR FOOD BUYBACK PROGRAM"
then we will be soo hungry for a different form of Government...NWO


that it will only be temporary relief back to argueing and fighting whos beliefs are right.................
suckyjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #28
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,985
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Not for liberals as a whole, but most of the ones I've met my age are one of two things:

1. They've been completely spoiled their entire life and have no value of what a $1 is or what it takes to make one. They think that money grows off of trees and should be used to help out everyone else at the expense of people who don't agree and work hard for their money. They've never had to work for it themselves so they have no sense of what it is to take money from others.

2. The people that have not been able to learn how to become useful in capitalism. They think the system is constantly "fawking them" so they choose not to become part of it and try and make some statement by being a loser or something.

Then there are quite a few that are somewhat intelligent that I can have a civil discussion with about politics. Usually though, I come across the ones that can't create a valid point to save their lives, and get so frustrated they can't stay and talk.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:53 AM   #29
schweeb
spelling nazi
 
schweeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-02-07
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 2,563
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Ahh, but you see, being a person that leans to the left, I hear the exact opposite as you. I hear the pundits screaming. The talking heads like Limbaugh spouting his half truths and innuendo.

I have heard the superior attitudes form Conservatives for years. Heck you can see it on this forum too. Not talking about those that have informed discussions. Not the ones who want healthy debate. But the ones that insult others who do not share their beliefs beliefs.

In my experience, I have seen more conservatives do this than liberals.

For every left wing save something rally, there is a right wing fire and brimstone speech in a pulpit.


As far as the education comments, I would look at that is opening students up to a diversity of opinions. Yes, there are some very liberal educators, but there are some very conservative ones as well. Just like there are conservative actors and liberal businessmen.

Instead of the labels, they should work together to find solutions that work best for all. Not just what works best for their narrow beliefs.
I'm not talking about people in the media here though. They become famous because they're outspoken. I'm talking about common every day joes.

Take for example, the Clinton scandal. He lied, he was in office, there were plenty of other scandals to go along with it. People on both sides wanted him out, but obviously the conservatives were pushing it a lot. People talked about it, and bashed him quite a bit, but that was only because it was pop media at the time. There wasn't a large uproar about his other mistakes.

Fast forward through the 8 years of his presidency to Bush. Almost immediately the entire liberal public is in an uproar constantly harping on GWB about anything and everything he did wrong. Impeach Bush stickers, the works. Liberals nearly running through the streets jumping around saying "impeach bush."

I'm not a Bush apologist, but other than the objections people have had about the war, he hasn't been THAT bad. I don't agree with all of his policies, or the privacy intrusions, but he hasn't been HORRIBLE.
__________________
[FlatFender]: ill put it like this, if she wasnt MY aunt, id hit on her

Last edited by schweeb; March 18th, 2008 at 01:01 AM.
schweeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:12 AM   #30
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweeb View Post
I'm not talking about people in the media here though. They become famous because they're outspoken. I'm talking about common every day joes.

Take for example, the Clinton scandal. He lied, he was in office, there were plenty of other scandals to go along with it. People on both sides wanted him out, but obviously the conservatives were pushing it a lot. People talked about it, and bashed him quite a bit, but that was only because it was pop media at the time. There wasn't a large uproar about his other mistakes.

Fast forward through the 8 years of his presidency to Bush. Almost immediately the entire liberal public is in an uproar constantly harping on GWB about anything and everything he did wrong. Impeach Bush stickers, the works. Liberals nearly running through the streets jumping around saying "impeach bush."

I'm not a Bush apologist, but other than the objections people have had about the war, he hasn't been THAT bad. I don't agree with all of his policies, or the privacy intrusions, but he hasn't been HORRIBLE.
Now, this is strictly from personal obvservation.

After Clinton was elected but before he was sworn in I saw "Impeach Clinton" stickers on many vehicles in SE Michigan.
Did Clinton do wrong? Yes he did. Was justice served? Yes, he was impeached. (Impeachment has many levels of severity, it is not all about being kicked out of office) This impeachment was based on his actions in office. A BJ and (more importantly) his denial (perjury) in front of Congress. He commited a crime, he was punished in the way a Republican Congress felt was justified.

I did not observe the same bumper stickers when Bush took office.

Anything I did see had to do with how the election process was handled. Regardless of how you feel about the turn out, there was enough controversy to at least cause concern. The process put a cloud over the results, that is what I saw people react to. W was the victim of that cloud.

I did observe anti Bush stickers after the invasion of Iraq though.

Again, my observation. Pre 9/11, lackluster administration. Granted not much time to get things rolling, but there was a Republican congress as well as a Republican president. Nothing happened in those first months that I can think of that was "great".

Post 9/11. Emotions running high, even the most Liberal rallying around the flag and the President. We were attacked and justice must be served.

Afganistan. Fully supported by the mainstream, conservative and liberal alike. (with maybe the exception of the extreme left, those that are against any kind of military action at all)

Iraq. Lots of questions about the validity of claims, but support based on those claims. As those claims did not pan out, less support.

It is at this time I started seeing anti Bush activity. Based on his actions as President.


As you are not a Bush apologist, I am not a Clinton apologist. He did worng, he got caught, he was punished. I felt this way at the time, and I still feel this way now.

As far as the W administrations final report card goes, well look around, we are in an unpopular and possibly un-winnable war, the economy is going down the toilet at a rate this country has not seen since the depression, unemployment is up and there is a wholesale replacement of American workers taking place. As Harry Truman said, "The Buck Stops Here".

Let's hope whoever wins the Oval office for the next 4 years has a true bi-partisan relationship with Congress. That is the only way this country will regain it's power and prestige.






Disclaimer: I am sure there are some that will try to spin what I have said. I have tried my best to make this particular post about my observations and opinions. I have tried to be fair to both sides. And I am suggesting nothing worse than working together for the common good. Let's take the best from both sides of the aisle.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:15 AM   #31
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweeb View Post
I'm not talking about people in the media here though. They become famous because they're outspoken. I'm talking about common every day joes.

Take for example, the Clinton scandal. He lied, he was in office, there were plenty of other scandals to go along with it. People on both sides wanted him out, but obviously the conservatives were pushing it a lot. People talked about it, and bashed him quite a bit, but that was only because it was pop media at the time. There wasn't a large uproar about his other mistakes.

Fast forward through the 8 years of his presidency to Bush. Almost immediately the entire liberal public is in an uproar constantly harping on GWB about anything and everything he did wrong. Impeach Bush stickers, the works. Liberals nearly running through the streets jumping around saying "impeach bush."

I'm not a Bush apologist, but other than the objections people have had about the war, he hasn't been THAT bad. I don't agree with all of his policies, or the privacy intrusions, but he hasn't been HORRIBLE.
liberals are always running around squawking about something. we just ignore them because when it comes down to it, the people with the guns make the rules.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #32
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweeb View Post
still missing the point... On occasion it can ring true if you replace with conservative, there are always those people.

The point is that the occurrence seems to happen much more on the liberal side of things. In general they seem to be much more willing to open their mouths to immediately dismiss your intelligence, they have quite an air of superiority about them. I may hate many liberal views, but I never think I'm superior because I'm conservative.

What seems to have happened is that due to the fact that many of our educators lean towards liberalism, many seem to have associated being educated with being liberal.
it's all in your perspective...your conservative so more liberals seem wacky to you. I'm liberal so more conservatives seems wacky to me. get it?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #33
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
liberals are always running around squawking about something. we just ignore them because when it comes down to it, the people with the guns make the rules.
Cabelas is having a sale on ammo. Stock up while you still can buy it.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 11:55 AM   #34
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Cabelas is having a sale on ammo. Stock up while you still can buy it.
only dumb asses buy at cabela's. they overcharge like crazy.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #35
bigwalton
Postal Scrambler
 
bigwalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-07-07
Location: Dexter
Posts: 719
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

A two party system, by design, has two extremes.

There's the cause of basically every comment on this thread IMHO.

Whichever one your on, you'll hear/notice the complaining of the other more than your own, it's human nature. Everyone bitches equally I think.

Straight party voting is too easy and lets people vote based on not one single moment of actual thought. "I generally agree with more of the X's views, so I vote X" Moderates are left with the choice of which extreme to go with for which office... drives me nuts as someone with distinct opinions that don't fit any party "Do I vote for A based on these issues and just accept these other ones?".

Ok, so let's fix that...

A three party system won't work as it would realistically have to be smack in the middle and you'd end up with too much BS waffling back and forth and I don't think it would ever be taken seriously.

What I've always thought is needed is a four party system, call the two new ones whatever you like, with a left center and right center.

I'd think there's enough people out there that fall in that range (even many that call themselves D or R now) to make it work. Throw candidates into the mix with those affiliations and things could get interesting, they'd no longer have to bow to the party platforms and could actually stand for what they want/believe (imagine that!).

I hate politics and maybe that's too practically minded to work, but I'd love to see it happen to get rid of this cut and dry, one or the other approach.




Of course the other issue is that saying: Anyone smart enough to hold office is smart enough not to run. :tonka:
bigwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #36
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
only dumb asses buy at cabela's. they overcharge like crazy.
I can't find 30-06 180 grain partitions from Federal and Winchester under nine bucks anywhere else. If you know a place let me know. They also had 270, 30-30, for seven bucks a box.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #37
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
I can't find 30-06 180 grain partitions from Federal and Winchester under nine bucks anywhere else. If you know a place let me know. They also had 270, 30-30, for seven bucks a box.
i dont shoot those calibers. i mostly shoot 7.62x54, 7.62x51, 7.62x39 and i can get those for cheaper than cabela's prices.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #38
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
i dont shoot those calibers. i mostly shoot 7.62x54, 7.62x51, 7.62x39 and i can get those for cheaper than cabela's prices.
Isn't 7.62x51 the same as 308. What do they cost for box of 20. 150 grain or 180
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 04:58 PM   #39
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Isn't 7.62x51 the same as 308. What do they cost for box of 20. 150 grain or 180
lol. i buy my milsurp ammo in bulk. go to walmart if all you want is 20.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 05:19 PM   #40
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
lol. i buy my milsurp ammo in bulk. go to walmart if all you want is 20.
I have about four ammo cans full of surplus. I usally buy my stuff by the case 500 or 1000 depending on cal. I can't usally get 264 win mag or 375 H&H mag as a surplus ammo. How about what do you pay for 1000 308 or 7.62x51. I was just trying to get a comparison for that round or 223. Sometimes I run into decent deals on non surplus ammo.
The other thing is sometimes if your buying surplus thats not US you could be getting a corrosive powder and not know it.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.47502 seconds with 80 queries