Soldier tosses puppy over cliff - Page 4 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #61
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,802
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Cows are domesticated, and dogs are a very large piece of the food chain in some places in the world.
That is a factual statement that I can not dispute.

However, I personally don't know anyone who has a "pet" cow.

I know lots of people who have dogs as pets who let them sit in their family room, sleep on the couch and some even let them sleep on their bed at night.

I guess as someone who owns a dog, considers it part of the family, it's different to me. Maybe thats why?




I'd feel the same way if it was a cow, throw it off a cliff just because?

Kill it to eat, different story.

Why? Because again, in the world that we grew up in (and that soldier most likely grew up in) dogs are pets, and cows are food.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:05 PM   #62
M2Maverick
Newbie
 
Join Date: 01-11-08
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

ok... i really didn't want to comment on this one but i've decided i should. number one... what would you have prefered that guy to do with the dog? leave it there, where it can be stepped on and driven over repeatedly? second of all... the questions of 'don't you think he's a troubled person if he's doing something like that?' you are all forgetting a very important part... he's in war... anyone who is in war becomes a troubled person in some way or another... they try to find anything that can keep their minds off of that fact within reason... also, you're forgetting that sure, he threw a dead dog off a cliff.... what about the guy he shot a day, a week, maybe a month before... perhaps there was more than one? are you ranking dogs as higher than yourselves? anyone who ever grew up in the country probably grew up setting traps for different animals, taking an air rifle or a .22 and taking shots at whatever living thing they thought they could hit... did they always eat it? hell no.
M2Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #63
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Shoot this animal, and its "GAME", and a fun weekend trip.





But if you toss a dead one of these off a cliff, its horrible?


It was a great weekend

[IMG][/IMG]

I didn't have a puppie permit or I would have taken one of them too!!!!
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #64
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87'YJ View Post
Do you have any idea how many American lives he saved by defeating Romel and then liberating the 101st Ariborne at Bastogne? And thats only 2 things he did. He saved 1000s of American soldiers and helped end the war early.

Just because he slapped some little whinny coward, you say he's not a hero?! You have no clue what you're talking about.
yeah, thank god for patton. because the british didnt have anything to do with defeating rommel.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #65
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

What part of the food chain does a dog fall in to




MMMMMMM yum yum not your everyday HOTDOG eh..

Last edited by Mr Toes - R.I.P.; March 5th, 2008 at 04:47 PM.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:19 PM   #66
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
What part of the food chain does a dog fall in to

[IMG][/IMG]


MMMMMMM yum yum not your everyday HOTDOG eh..
once again you bring the fail. you dont need [IMG][IMG] around your pics twice.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:35 PM   #67
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,732
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
That is a factual statement that I can not dispute.

However, I personally don't know anyone who has a "pet" cow.

I know lots of people who have dogs as pets who let them sit in their family room, sleep on the couch and some even let them sleep on their bed at night.

I guess as someone who owns a dog, considers it part of the family, it's different to me. Maybe thats why?




I'd feel the same way if it was a cow, throw it off a cliff just because?

Kill it to eat, different story.

Why? Because again, in the world that we grew up in (and that soldier most likely grew up in) dogs are pets, and cows are food.
Sadly, I have family who have pet cows. and sheep, and llamas.

I would never kill a dog, I would never chuck a dead dog off a cliff, and definitely never throw a live dog off a cliff. Hell, I'm one of those people who stop to move turtles off the road!

I honestly don't have a problem with them chucking a dead dog off a cliff. They shouldn't have filmed it, and whoever filmed it should never have posted it.

If they threw a live dog over the cliff, then they have some severe mental issues.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:45 PM   #68
Mjolman
1984 Jeep CJ-7
 
Mjolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 574
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Eating a cow is something we do to survive. Throwing any living thing off a cliff for entertainment is evil.
I eat cows, but i doesn't bring me joy to know they were killed, nor do i celebrate the brutality in which its done.
Mjolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #69
bigjay
The Man Myth And Legend
 
bigjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: i can piss on the allegan and barry county line at the same time.. ...
Posts: 5,121
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

MI-Detroit
Aug 9, 2006 Dog sexually assaulted
Bestiality CONVICTED
A.J Hall

i knew there was a reason aj's not allowed pets....
bigjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #70
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The pot is black, so say's the kettle.
Who here has never abused an amimal. Weather it was a fly, moth, snake, spider, rat, mouse, bird, fish, or any other creature. Who here goes fishing and compassionately rips the fish from its surroundings by way of a hook in it's face and then lets the fish suffocate. Who has burned a fly, moth or other insect with a magnifying glass, sweet. Who has killed a mouse with a conventional trap instead of using a live trap, saaaannnap goes the neck.
Would everbody be so up in arms had they thrown a snake off the hill and called it Binladen before they threw it. How about a rat eating on a dead child is it O.K. to throw that over a cliff. Is it O.K. to shoot a dog eating on a human carcuss. We could turn this into an abortion issue (Kerwin would be proud of me) but I won't.
I'm not opposed to nuking that whole Middle East puppies and all.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #71
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,732
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
The pot is black, so say's the kettle.
Who here has never abused an amimal. Weather it was a fly, moth, snake, spider, rat, mouse, bird, fish, or any other creature. .
I've never abused an animal. And please read up on what an "animal" is.




__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #72
IFS SUCKS
I like trees
 
IFS SUCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-07
Location: Lansing,MI
Posts: 5,796
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

However, I personally don't know anyone who has a "pet" cow.

aj hall:tonka:
IFS SUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 05:29 PM   #73
foxracingtrx250x
Broncosaurus
 
foxracingtrx250x's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-24-07
Location: Garden City
Posts: 205
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

To me personally this is not a matter of whether the dog is alive or not it still seems a bit far for having a good laugh. Do I think his family should get death threats no nor should he get death threats . Also find it irrelevant to mention that third world country's eat dogs that doesnt condone animal abuse. I just find this way to far to be a
joke. My $.02

Last edited by foxracingtrx250x; March 5th, 2008 at 05:39 PM.
foxracingtrx250x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 05:35 PM   #74
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,802
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Sadly, I have family who have pet cows. and sheep, and llamas.

I would never kill a dog, I would never chuck a dead dog off a cliff, and definitely never throw a live dog off a cliff. Hell, I'm one of those people who stop to move turtles off the road!

I honestly don't have a problem with them chucking a dead dog off a cliff. They shouldn't have filmed it, and whoever filmed it should never have posted it.

If they threw a live dog over the cliff, then they have some severe mental issues.
I thought the dog was live?

If dead I do not have as much of a problem, though I still think its kinda dumb. but not death threat dumb.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 06:11 PM   #75
87'YJ
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
 
87'YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,651
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
yeah, thank god for patton. because the british didnt have anything to do with defeating rommel.
I really don't know what your point is? He was a hero all day long, no other way to look at it! He was an integral part to the victory that we acheived in north africa and europe.
87'YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 06:18 PM   #76
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87'YJ View Post
I really don't know what your point is? He was a hero all day long, no other way to look at it! He was an integral part to the victory that we acheived in north africa and europe.
my point is that you should question who you think is a hero. patton may have been a decent general but he was a piece of shit for beating up on 2 sick soldiers in a hospital.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #77
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterX View Post
Excuse me the war on terror is more than just Iraq. And it has screwed with our rights, phone taps, passports required to come back from Canada or anywhere else as far as that goes, buying bullets for hunting or target practice, buying fertilizer and a shitload more stuff that was unheard of just a few years ago.
sorry, but the war didn't effect those things, living breathing people did...like your president.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #78
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

First, Snopes casts a lot of doubt on the legitimacy of the clip (the sound does seem a little "wrong"). However, it also showcases some poor judgment on the part of a couple of Marines. Since at least one individual was identified, I'm certain Mama Green took care of those Marines.

Second, X eleventybillion on the "hearts and minds" comment. "Winning the hearts and minds" is political speak. As stated, war is an ugly business about inflicting pain on a people so that they stop doing something. Combatants and non-combatants are traumatized, wounded, maimed, and killed - not something suitable for live cable news. If CNN had been in Vietnam it would've been different (and not in a good way). If CNN had been on Guadalcanal, Anzio, WW1 trenches, or Cemetery Ridge we'd all have a different viewpoint on those too.

Third, General Patton was a genuine American hero. Slapping a "combat fatigue" addled soldier was not his best moment, but I don't know if I would've reacted a lot different. After walking through a field hospital ward and seeing grievously wounded and maimed soldiers and then coming across two healthy, intact, and unmarked infantrymen would be hard. He represents the best of our society - he spoke his mind, acted according to his conscience, and put his duty first. He called them like he saw them, 1940s "political correctness" be damned - and he paid the price, without whining or sniveling. His enemies respected and feared him.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #79
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
sorry, but the war didn't effect those things, living breathing people did...like your president.

pssst - that would be "our" President....

Fertilizer restrictions came out after OKC bombing in the Clinton administration.

Not a lot of phone tapping going on for U.S. citizens talking to other U.S. citizens in the U.S. It's a time of war - if you want to chat with people in unfriendly, sympathetic, or enemy countries expect to be tapped.

Ammo limitations? Haven't run into those yet - well other than the elevated prices driven by the Chinese buying up metals and chemicals to feed their industrialization. I do recall the Clinton "assault weapon" legislation putting a cap on how much ammo one could buy/store.

Passports from Canada? Good idea. They let anybody in, and our border is just too porous. Living on the border like I do, it's amazing the amount of cross-border traffic that goes on (and how routine it is to see the Border Patrol with a full load or two).
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #80
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post

Ammo limitations? Haven't run into those yet - well other than the elevated prices driven by the Chinese buying up metals and chemicals to feed their industrialization. I do recall the Clinton "assault weapon" legislation putting a cap on how much ammo one could buy/store.
yup, i think you were not allowed to posses over 200 rounds or something like that. thats funny since you could buy 7.62x39 ammo in 700 rd tins
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
jeepme = queerbait, jeepme is a cicksucker, jeepsndogs is a commie, no1likesyou for a reason, sarcasm + internet = fail

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.32460 seconds with 80 queries