Lock the Completed Sales Forum - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Site comments, issues, or suggestions and announcements
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM   #1
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default Lock the Completed Sales Forum

Otherwise, this will keep happening.

People can use this to inflate their iTrader.


There's really no reason not to lock it that I can think of, as there should be no need to continue posting in a thread for an item that is sold.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 24th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #2
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,539
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

That actually doesn't have any thing to do with i-trader. As you don't have to leave a link to leave trader feedback.

Thats the first time I've seen that happen, and I pm'd him.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 01:54 PM   #3
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
That actually doesn't have any thing to do with i-trader. As you don't have to leave a link to leave trader feedback.

Thats the first time I've seen that happen, and I pm'd him.

It does have something to do with iTrader, as the author can have anyone he wants give him positive feedback in exchange for issuing them a positive feedback himself. Its kind of like having your buddy help you out on eBay.

Its not the first time, as I have made the suggestion of locking that Forum to you in the past when I was the Mod. I think the only reason you never did it is because I was the one that asked for it.

The only reason it got noticed is because I still retain the "custom" Forum Subscriptions I requested on all the Marketplace Forums specifically for keeping an eye on it when it didn't get locked. I got an email that a new thread had been created in it.

You can remove them all if you like. That way I won't do the job anymore (even thought he job is not mine) and I won't get any more email notifications of new threads in the 4x4 Land Use Forums - to which I still have no idea why I am adminstratively subscribed.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 02:08 PM   #4
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,539
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

I-trader is actually way more sophisticated then you may think. There is no reason to monitor on the user end.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #5
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,539
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

And I just took care of the 4x4 land use forum email notification for you.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 04:23 PM   #6
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I-trader is actually way more sophisticated then you may think. There is no reason to monitor on the user end.
Well I guess that's cool, since I never suggested monitoring iTrader. :tonka:

As long as this site keeps gaining new members, those new members will continue to create new threads in the Completed Sales Forum simply because they are allowed to.

And Hosejockey grasped this concept immediately.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:54 PM   #7
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=69797

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=68235
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #8
mpwal099
Stick it up your ass
 
mpwal099's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-05-06
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 3,070
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
It does have something to do with iTrader, as the author can have anyone he wants give him positive feedback in exchange for issuing them a positive feedback himself. Its kind of like having your buddy help you out on eBay.
I am confused here. Right now I can leave anyone iTrader for absolutely no reason if I wanted to.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
I feel, for the most part, we have a whole generation of worthless, lazy, pieces of shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Matty View Post
A good chunk of the younger generation is really fucked up. Not all of them, but a good amount.
mpwal099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #9
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=79207
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 08:41 PM   #10
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=89879
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:30 PM   #11
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

There have been a couple more lately. At least add a Sticky telling people not to create new threads there.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #12
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,539
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

if they're that retarded, then they will be punished by not selling their item.

you're neo-nazi liberalism is reaching towards the moon as of late.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #13
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
if they're that retarded, then they will be punished by not selling their item.

you're neo-nazi liberalism is reaching towards the moon as of late.
Jewschebag, they aren't creating threads for new items to sell. They are creating new threads for the items that they have already sold and edited. They don't understand that the Moderators move the original threads and are copying their threads (pictures and all in some cases) into the Completed Sales Forum, creating duplicates. Is that more clear?
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #14
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,539
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

no, you're wrong.

you "insert racial slur here"
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #15
Sandals
Fucking Zen as Shit
 
Sandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 15,385
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
no, you're wrong.

you "insert racial slur here"


actually this time he's right
Sandals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:12 PM   #16
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,539
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandals View Post
actually this time he's right
I found four posts in the last 5 months.. That doesn't warrant a change.

unless I'm sucking at finding the posts that happened.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:14 PM   #17
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,985
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Are Spro's panties in a bunch again?
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:23 PM   #18
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I found four posts in the last 5 months.. That doesn't warrant a change.

unless I'm sucking at finding the posts that happened.
The Mods have been fixing them as they are reported. There were two in the past couple days alone, as indicated in the Retard thread (now showing as Invalid, because they were deleted or otherwise fixed.).
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:25 PM   #19
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,539
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
The Mods have been fixing them as they are reported. There were two in the past couple days alone, as indicated in the Retard thread.
the only way that rule would be changed is if you made a post saying you wanted it to stay unlocked.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:31 PM   #20
Bishop
Senior Member
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-07
Location: brighton, atlanta, MI
Posts: 3,590
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bishop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
the only way that rule would be changed is if you made a post saying you wanted it to stay unlocked.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Site comments, issues, or suggestions and announcements

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.31168 seconds with 80 queries