Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 6th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #21
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
That would be "Sallie Mae"...
see "sarcasm"
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:58 AM   #22
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,111
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
West Virginia holds their own little convention. To win someone has to get over 50% of the vote. On the first ballot Romney was ahead but by less than 50% and McCain was 3rd , so on the second vote the McCain supporters voted for Huck to put him over 50% and deny Romney the delegates.
Interesting isn't it? If McCain ends up taking the nomination, I wonder if we will see Huckabee in McCain's VP position, hmmm...

Then again McCain probably doesn't see Huckabee as a threat like he does Romney, so he gave away the delegates only to keep Romney from taking any.

Nice strategy either way but it doesn't seem ethical. Oh wait they're politicians I almost forgot.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 11:55 AM   #23
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,758
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
Interesting isn't it? If McCain ends up taking the nomination, I wonder if we will see Huckabee in McCain's VP position, hmmm...

Then again McCain probably doesn't see Huckabee as a threat like he does Romney, so he gave away the delegates only to keep Romney from taking any.

Nice strategy either way but it doesn't seem ethical. Oh wait they're politicians I almost forgot.
I hope not, i hope McCain's little "religious conversion" from the last few years is all a show to try and win some evangelical votes...

All this talk about Ron Paul being the nut, has anyone ever listened to Huckabee?

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

So this guy wants to change the constitution to line up with his fairy tale book, and Ron Paul is the nut because he wants to do things according to the constitution???
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #24
bearlys2005
Senior Member
 
bearlys2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-06
Location: Macomb, Michigan
Posts: 951
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I'm sooooooooooooo confused.

The media says liberal (I mean) republican John McCain was going to clean up, and Romney was going to be 2nd.

HOW DID THE HUCK win West Virginia?

UH OH, The media is trying to get people to vote for mccain??? no way. lol


lol
I read that Ron Paul's camp gave their numbers to the Huck so that we can get a brokered convention. That will make the republican pic real interesting.
bearlys2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #25
bearlys2005
Senior Member
 
bearlys2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-06
Location: Macomb, Michigan
Posts: 951
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
How about this... McCain and the Hilldabeast get the nod. Iraq gos bad and McCain gets pissed and yells at someone and loses his support. The Clintons get into a spat and implode. Ron Paul walks in as in independent and walks away the winner.
This is my dream!!! The only real change candidate (RON PAUL) will be able to take office and get us back on the constitutional agenda like it should be.
bearlys2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:09 PM   #26
lilwhitejeep
Professional Space Cadet
 
lilwhitejeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-07
Location: torch lake
Posts: 450
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

wow

:stan3:

:stan3:

This is the cream of the crop???? Uh OH!!!!!

lilwhitejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 10:20 PM   #27
Scofflaw
We are all Socialists Now
 
Scofflaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-11-06
Location: Greenville
Posts: 179
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
It sounds to me like if everybody voted for the person they wanted instead of listening to the media reports Ron Paul would win.

I've have hear more people say they would like to see him win both Dems and Rep then all the other candidates combined. The problem is they all end their statement with oh but if I vote for him it's a wasted vote because he can't win.With that attitude he can't.

I voted for him in the primary and if he runs in November I'll vote for him again. I'am also voting agains't ever seated politition. NEW BLOOD BABY.




The Phantom
The Toes Knows!!!
Scofflaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:01 PM   #28
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,379
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
It sounds to me like if everybody voted for the person they wanted instead of listening to the media reports Ron Paul would win.

I've have hear more people say they would like to see him win both Dems and Rep then all the other candidates combined. The problem is they all end their statement with oh but if I vote for him it's a wasted vote because he can't win.With that attitude he can't.

I voted for him in the primary and if he runs in November I'll vote for him again. I'am also voting agains't ever seated politition. NEW BLOOD BABY.




The Phantom
It seems that way but I think thats just because the people that like to talk about this stuff are the ones that support him. The typical "guy on the street"
isn't talking about politics and won't vote for someone outside of the "establishment"
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2008, 07:04 PM   #29
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,836
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I see it this way:

McCain gets the nod and takes Romney as his VP to fill in that economics gap that McCain's admitted to and attempt to appease the conservatives.

For the , I'm calling it B. Hussein Obama. Hillary's suffering from the problem she walked into the race with: everybody's already formed an opinion (good or bad) about her and there's no room to grow. B. Hussein has been (and will continue) to gain ground as undecideds go his way (there are no Hillary undecideds). Hillary won't deign to be second fiddle, so no Veep slot for her. She will, however, flame out as she loses to B. Hussein because she is incapable of losing gracefully or being magnanimous when she does. I don't know who he'd go with as a Veep - Edwards already has the stink of death on him.

Ron Paul is the wild card - if he runs as an independent he'll put B. Hussein in the White House.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #30
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I see it this way:

McCain gets the nod and takes Romney as his VP to fill in that economics gap that McCain's admitted to and attempt to appease the conservatives.

For the , I'm calling it B. Hussein Obama. Hillary's suffering from the problem she walked into the race with: everybody's already formed an opinion (good or bad) about her and there's no room to grow. B. Hussein has been (and will continue) to gain ground as undecideds go his way (there are no Hillary undecideds). Hillary won't deign to be second fiddle, so no Veep slot for her. She will, however, flame out as she loses to B. Hussein because she is incapable of losing gracefully or being magnanimous when she does. I don't know who he'd go with as a Veep - Edwards already has the stink of death on him.

Ron Paul is the wild card - if he runs as an independent he'll put B. Hussein in the White House.
Ron Paul is the wild card - if he runs as an independent he'll put B. Hussein in the White House.

Unless everybody gets their heads out of their ass and put him in office. Even the na sayers to Ron Paul would have to admit that him in the white house would start the perverbial domino effect on removing all the bloodsucking imcumbants. Even if Ron Paul was a dissaster for a term how bad can four years be, remember we made it through Jimmy Carter, J.F.K., and Gerald Ford. A Democrat or Republican in office will be buisness as usual, if you intend to vote that way you might as well stay home because you will change nothing. Thats providing you want to truly change something.















America is a sinking ship and our polititions are torpedoes The Phantom
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.17443 seconds with 30 queries