A Day in the Life of..... - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM   #41
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Your talking about events of 60 years ago. I've added a long posting explaining the relevance of the trials, but they set the stage and the laws that are still in effect today. We formulated many of them.Why don't you look at Watergate you can compare that to Hilery and Obama and see the things that happened then go on as a daily practice today without a second thought. How does Watergate compare to Hillary and Obama? Did something happen that I haven't heard about?Things have a way of changing. I looked up the word "insert racial slur here" in an old Webster Dictionary it says simply a race of dark skinned people. How does that compare to whats going on today. Is this a serious question? I also looked up Republic and Democracy and the definitions are different then you had indicated in one of your other posts. Here's one of COUNTLESS explanations of what most of us learn in scholl on this subject: http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/Am...ts/demrep.html
Shouldn't you take the definition of the time in which a statement is made to make your point accurate?Yes
If you look at the Nuremberg trails and the era of Adolf Hitler you will see that Hitlers idea of what governments role is closely parallels that of our modern day liberals. Actually, Marx would more closely mirror liberals. Hitler closely mirrors Hitler because Hitler was a fascist, as was Mussolini and others. They believe that corporate and governmental powers should be merged and a one party ruling system should exist. Here's a link, but there are so many others. I recommend reading the last paragraph about the corporative state. Sound like Bush. http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Fa...f_char_hx.html
...
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 1st, 2008, 09:39 PM   #42
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,574
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Yeah, that's been the problem all along. You could give two shits. Nobody cares until it affects THEM directly. This administration should have been impeached and led out in handcuffs long ago. According to the Nuremberg Trials they already qualify as war criminals several times over.
LOL @ "Impeach" & "Nuremburg".

You need more fresh air. Seriously. You sound like a Ford emissions calibrator.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:02 PM   #43
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
...
First I'm not a huge fan of the U.N. so too bad for me

The Watergate thing was a small T.V. piece I saw that explained the circumstances and events surrounding Watergate are common practice in todays elections without so much as a second look.

The Dictionary and definition are facts and yes its a serious question . When did we get side tracked with changing the definition of a word because some crying ass say's it doesn't mean what the definition say's it is but it's a word that hurt's my feelings. Come on don't we have legitimate problems that need tending too.

I didn't say anything about what was taught in school I merely stated a fact I found a definition in The Webster Dictionary that was different than you stated. Granted the Dictionary was extemely old but the definition would have been more in tune to the point you where making.

One more thing the web site you put up regarding Marx suggests he is a socialist well theres a paper written by John J Ray (M.A.;Ph.D.) titled HITLER WAS A SOCIALIST.

Who am I to argue.

Last edited by Mr Toes - R.I.P.; February 1st, 2008 at 10:23 PM.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 06:41 AM   #44
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,038
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
The Senate released a bi-partisan report that the intelligence leading up to the invasion of Iraq was falsified intentionally as to WMDs and Iraq's connection to 9/11 and Al Qeada. The making of aggressive wars is a crime according to the Nuremburg Trials. Bush is also guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity.
link the report because Im pretty sure you're misrepresenting it.
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 04:20 PM   #45
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,509
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Considering we're over 4,000 Americans dead, isn't that enough? How about $2 trillion spent so far there? Still not enough? How about letting the IRaqi's take back control of their oil resources so the price per barrel can come down? STILL NOT ENOUGH, how about all the money we can spend in OUR country repairing the damage this administration has done!
Pulling out now will not bring back the 4,000 dead. It will not "unspend" the $2 trillion. I'm not sure that giving the Iraqi's back control of their oil resources will bring down the price, and I think that bailing out of Iraq now might do more damage.

I was not a fan of this war from the beginning, mostly because I did not think the benefits would justify the cost, both in lives and money, and still don't. However, I think that cutting and running back home with out tail between our legs now will do more harm than good. It will embolden our enemies and send the message around the world that the USA is afraid of a long fight so you don't have to defeat us on the battle field, all you have to do is outlast us until public opinion turns the other way and we'll lose interest and leave. I think that the only way to prevent that is for us to stay in Iraq until we can achieve some level of success in creating a stable government and some semblance of "peace". Once we do that we then need to leave quickly because I think that any government we have a significant role in creating has a snowballs chance in hell of surviving more that 5 years without our military standing behind it. Either that or we plan on staying there 50 or 100 years like McCain suggested.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2008, 10:51 AM   #46
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,843
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
LOL @ "Impeach" & "Nuremburg".

You need more fresh air. Seriously. You sound like a Ford emissions calibrator.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

And X2 Bruce.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2008, 01:49 PM   #47
Motor Slut
I put the Ick in Dick.
 
Motor Slut's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: 49963
Posts: 2,411
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

So in the original story Joe was a slacker that worked at GM and in Bruce's story Joe was a hard worker that accomplished a lot and worked hard?

So AGoodBuzz thinks we should all be slackers who complain about shit instead of working to correct it the right way.
Motor Slut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:41 PM   #48
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Slut View Post
So in the original story Joe was a slacker that worked at GM and in Bruce's story Joe was a hard worker that accomplished a lot and worked hard?

So AGoodBuzz thinks we should all be slackers who complain about shit instead of working to correct it the right way.

I'm a little offended at your remarks.
Just cause Joe was a blood sucking union guy doing everthing he could to screw the company he worked for and taking advantage of every government program he could. And the fact he must be a second generation blood sucker since his father was living on the third generation farm but he was drawing a union pension(probally had the farm in a land bank and was getting paid to not farm) so he obviously was not farming but screwing the consumer.
Not to mention that um ahh I dun hmm. I guess your right.















If you ain't running 500+ cubic inches your a girl The Phantom
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.19479 seconds with 44 queries