A Day in the Life of..... - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:46 PM   #1
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default A Day in the Life of.....

A Day in the Life of Joe Republican:

Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.

All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Joe’s bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe’s employer pays these standards because Joe’s employer doesn’t want his employees to call the union. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he’ll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn’t think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

Its noon time, Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe’s deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Joe’s money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time.

Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dads; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn’t want to make rural loans. The house didn’t have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn’t belong and demanded rural electrification even though it is not profitable to the electric companies.

He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn’t have to. After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.

He turns on a radio talk show, the host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. (He doesn’t tell Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day) Joe agrees, “We don’t need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I’m a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have”.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Pokerob
hug life
 
Pokerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: G-Rap, MI
Posts: 10,147
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

based upon your user name and if your a girl...

steveo might want to do you.
Pokerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:59 PM   #3
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerob View Post
based upon your user name and if your a girl...

steveo might want to do you.
LOL! W-e-e-e-e-e-ll, you know how hose libs are... A bunch of free-wheelin' sex perverts and all.

Partying, sleeping around, etc.....

Kewl!
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:05 PM   #4
IDIeselman
Senior Member
 
IDIeselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: ludington mi
Posts: 1,848
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

That is some funny shit. And to think you whole heartedly believe the shit you are spewing is even better. After reading a few of your post's I actually thought you might be somewhat intelligent.......Boy was I wrong!
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:10 PM   #5
farm_boy
hicktown
 
farm_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-08-05
Location: holland mi
Posts: 2,433
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i dont kwonne how louyng you been neer but your a qeer
farm_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:12 PM   #6
Pokerob
hug life
 
Pokerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: G-Rap, MI
Posts: 10,147
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm_boy View Post
i dont kwonne how louyng you been neer but your a qeer
i will translate for you:

what do you want at mcdonalds?
Pokerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:14 PM   #7
farm_boy
hicktown
 
farm_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-08-05
Location: holland mi
Posts: 2,433
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

ok but this ite is not libble at all
farm_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:14 PM   #8
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIeselman View Post
That is some funny shit. And to think you whole heartedly believe the shit you are spewing is even better. After reading a few of your post's I actually thought you might be somewhat intelligent.......Boy was I wrong!
Please point out some of the discrepancies instead of just poking fun. It is all true to an extent.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:15 PM   #9
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIeselman View Post
That is some funny shit. And to think you whole heartedly believe the shit you are spewing is even better. After reading a few of your post's I actually thought you might be somewhat intelligent.......Boy was I wrong!
You're right man. I'm an incredible dumbass. I appreciate your intelligent input and impressive ability to call attention to my shortcomings and offer up some constructive criticism that will help me to improve. Thank you... Oh thank you. Maybe one day you and Farm Boy (above) might let me speak in your presence....? Just wishful thinking.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:21 PM   #10
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm_boy View Post
ok but this ite is not libble at all
I disagree there farm buddy. There are quite a few liberals on this site, some of whom are some godless sumbitches too! You know what else? Some of them even smoke pot.....! You better put on your foil hat to protect yourself from the rays.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:22 PM   #11
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBBA View Post
Please point out some of the discrepancies instead of just poking fun. It is all true to an extent.
N-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-c-e!!! You GO boy!
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:25 PM   #12
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm_boy View Post
i dont kwonne how louyng you been neer but your a qeer
Maybe you should tell my wife that. Or the trail of satisfied women I've left behind in a puddle of their own juices......

You got you a girl there farm boy?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:26 PM   #13
farm_boy
hicktown
 
farm_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-08-05
Location: holland mi
Posts: 2,433
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i anit gots oone of them hats and i'm not as stuiped as you make it sound
farm_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:28 PM   #14
Pokerob
hug life
 
Pokerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: G-Rap, MI
Posts: 10,147
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
N-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-c-e!!! You GO boy!
hahaha you said "you go boy"

i knew if i hung around long enough and crossed my fingers i would see a gem like that.
Pokerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:56 PM   #15
mdhmi
Senior Member
 
mdhmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-08-07
Location: West Side
Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

And those same union mandates are a big reason why companies are moving their manufacturing to Mexico and China. The Mr. Joe Republican that you depict is a vestige of a dying era of cradle to grave corporate generosity.

The world to come .. In fact the world that some of us already live in requires actual skills to command a large pay check. (Government work being the exception to the rule).
mdhmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 02:14 PM   #16
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
And those same union mandates are a big reason why companies are moving their manufacturing to Mexico and China. The Mr. Joe Republican that you depict is a vestige of a dying era of cradle to grave corporate generosity.

The world to come .. In fact the world that some of us already live in requires actual skills to command a large pay check. (Government work being the exception to the rule).
I certainly agree, and I make sure that my skill sets and work ethic continue to command such a check. I believe that the unions became a business unto themselves and were more concerned with staying in business than protecting the future of workers, but that's another thread....

That doesn't change the need for people that care to speak up and put a stop to abuses. Even in off-roading, I know that you guys make fun of tree hugging liberals, but I also know that you don't want the trees to disappear. I believe that most of you LOVE the wilderness, and would fight to protect it if someone said they wanted to destroy it outright; but what puzzles me is how you can sit by while people do it slowly.

There's an analogy called "Boiling the Frog", where if you drop a frog in hot water it will jump out right away; but if you drop it in cool water it will swim happily, then if you raise the temperature very slowly it will never notice, then die because of it. That's what's happening to America, and we're letting it happen.

I wish you guys would stop defending the likes of Bush and Cheney and realize that they are looting this country for their own gain and destroying everything that we stand for. They get you guys to fight against their critics by saying that if you are against their war, you are against the troops, and if you criticize them you are criticizing the president, so you are unpatriotic, and if you criticize what is being done to our nation by our own citizens, you are an America hater, and if you are a republican you are strong and tough, and if you're a democrat you are a wimp. It's the liberals that have been doing all the fighting for the protection of their/our/your civil rights..... It's like the story of the king's new clothes.... I'm the boy that say's, "Look mom, the king isn't wearing any clothes"....
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:11 PM   #17
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,038
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
A Day in the Life of Joe Republican:

Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.

All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Joe’s bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe’s employer pays these standards because Joe’s employer doesn’t want his employees to call the union. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he’ll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn’t think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

Its noon time, Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe’s deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Joe’s money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time.

Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dads; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn’t want to make rural loans. The house didn’t have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn’t belong and demanded rural electrification even though it is not profitable to the electric companies.

He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn’t have to. After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.

He turns on a radio talk show, the host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. (He doesn’t tell Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day) Joe agrees, “We don’t need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I’m a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have”.
You give "some liberal" too much credit. Dont assume the liberals of today are fighting for the safety health and welfare of average citizens.

And before "some liberal" came along and created or initiated government bureaucracies to string up the lowest common denominator there were millions of people getting along on hard work, reading/writing/arithmetic type educations, private savings, minimally regulated automobiles, pay-for-services medical care, family, community, and candles, and didnt need the "help" of an overbearing government providing "services" not described in the constitution.

Bloated government, skyrocketing health care costs, education costs, bankrupt social security, and probably more abuse than not of the welfare system are just a few of the side effects of some liberal love.

What are your thoughts on marxist-socialism?
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:28 PM   #18
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
A Day in the Life of Joe Republican:

Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.

All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Joe’s bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe’s employer pays these standards because Joe’s employer doesn’t want his employees to call the union. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he’ll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn’t think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

Its noon time, Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe’s deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Joe’s money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time.

Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dads; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn’t want to make rural loans. The house didn’t have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn’t belong and demanded rural electrification even though it is not profitable to the electric companies.

He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn’t have to. After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.

He turns on a radio talk show, the host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. (He doesn’t tell Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day) Joe agrees, “We don’t need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I’m a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have”.
I would have never guessed. lol

That was cool but you forgot a few things.

As Joe is driving home he passes his neighbor Fred Democrat. Fred is in his front yard watering his poppie plants this is what he does everyday after giving homage to Communisum.
Joe waves as he drives by Freds house wondering how he is going to keep up with the ever increasing taxes the liberals have put on him. He wonders when there will be a new building to replace the Towers that where destroyed by the terrorists led by Binladen, Joe wonders how things would have been different if the liberal president Bill Clinton would have acted when he had the opportunity to eliminate Binladen. Then he remembers Bill had more pressing issues like Monica and lying to the puplic about his extra marital affairs.
While Joe is driving he switches his radio station to 950 am they are talking about the liberal mayor of Detroit so he listens for a while and then decides he won't make a decission on the man regarding his committing a felon on the stand and costing the city over 9 million dollars, after all he does have some nice smelling shampoo, Of coarse its over priced because of all the liberal taxes placed on it.
Joe drives by the city hall and notices the American flag, he wonders why the liberals won't pass the pending legislation to protect this symbol of Joe's country and the freedom the liberals are tearing at everyday.
As Joe is driving he sees little Jimmy the kid that got beat half to death raped and molested. Joe thinks to himself it's too bad the liberals wouldn't pass the victims bill of rights that would have allowed little Jimmy the opportunitiy to transfer to another school after his ordeal. But the he remebers it's O.K. because the people that did that to little Jimmy will be in their liberal rehab for at least another 4 or 5 months.
Joe then flips the radio station a second time and the story on the radio is pertaining to Jen The Mole. Joe just sit's in amazement that she would be elected a second time, Joe is blown away like Jen said he would be in her 5th year in office. He drives by several closed plants that where run out of his state by the ever increaseing taxes and union wages that made them non competitive. One used to package meat, and one used to be the distribution center for the shampoo he uses.
Joe pulls up to his drive way grabs the mail and begins to read the letter describing why he no longer has a job. It goes in depth into the fact the company is not profitable, and explains how the union dosen't care if they break the company, and the company cannot remain open if the company dosen't make a profit, and they can't make a profit by overpaying 7 guys to do a one man job. Joe then opens the law suit from the guy that broke into his house and hurt himself, the suit names the specific liberal laws that allow him to sue Joe.
As he is reading the news someone from the Department of Enviormental Quality pulls up and tells him he must vacate his home that he has lived in for 20 years as they D.E.Q have decided he lives in a wetland. While they are telling him that in the back ground he hears the story on the radio as to how since the D.E.Q. has assumed the role of policing the sewer and water treatment facilities in the state that there has been a continual increase of human waste contamination at our public beaches.
As the D.E.Q is leaving he recevies a call on his cell phone from Fannie Mae letting Joe know that they already heard about Joe losing his job and want to know what he is going to do to make his house payment.
As he is walking into the house he thinks to himself maybee we should let the liberals take all our money and take care of us it's worked so well in the past and at least if Joe where a Communist oh sorry I mean liberal democrat he could at least get goverment supplied shampoo.
Joe gets in the house intime to answer the phone, it's from the super conservative owner of his company. He tells Joe how sorry he is to have to shut down the shop. He explains how he tried to make arangements with the union to dismiss the dead weight and to give the productive employess an additional retirement plan, but the union guy explained to Joes boss how the union has what is known as a defined contribution program and it's agains't the union rules for any union employee to receive any additional compensation over and above what is layed out in their union package. But despite the union and the liberal tax bloated government forcing him to close his shop he has managed to negotiate a deal in a somewhat conservative state and he wanted Joe to know that he is more than welcome to come with the company.
However he must let Joe know that he can't give him a raise but he will pay for his move and Joe is now entitled to bonuses and profit sharing. Also he will continue to receive full benifits and an improved retirement package that Joe has input regarding the investments of his money. He is also told how the cost of living is less in the new state, and the tax burden is less and continually getting reduced by the conservative govenor.
Joe is a little concerned as he is not sure if he can get his shampoo in that area. He also has some concern about the low crime rate as he is not used to that. Joes boss tells him he may be able to get Joe into a similar shop here, but its an affirmative action shop that is run by a minority owner that dosen't have to pay anything but minimum wages and actually can just fire Joe because he is not a minority. Joes boss has meet the owner of the other company and explains to Joe the guy is rolling in money, and that all of the contracts that Joes shop has lost have gone to this minority shop. Furthermore the minority shop receives not only the contract money but a subsidised government payment that some liberal made sure he got.

Joe tells his boss he will let him know in the morning Joe however never gets the chance as he is murdered that night by a felon that was let out of prison early by a liberal Judge.












The Phantom say's if you pull a straight ticket you are an idiot.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 06:33 PM   #19
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
I would have never guessed. lol

The Phantom say's if you pull a straight ticket you are an idiot.
Any of you cons ever collect unemployment? Instead of thanking the libs for it still being there you blame the libs for having to collect it in the first place.

The difference between cons and libs is that cons are looking for blame, libs are looking for solutions. It is especially obvious in open conversation when there's a group of cons together whining about everything from those damn immigrants to those damn liberals.

The roots of the two terms: republican and democrat come from the words republic and democracy. I would be surprised if you can tell me the difference between the two without looking it up, but I am going to explain anyway:

A republic is a society that is founded on the rights of the individual, where the individual is protected from the group.

A democracy is a society that is founded on the well being of the majority (as in voting.... The democratic process).

Because it was feared that a straight democracy would be like 3 wolves and a chicken voting on what was for dinner, we became a democratic republic.

Note the two words were in the sentence together. They are not mutually exclusive. They are not even contradictory. They are supposed to be complementary. Thus the Constitution AND the Bill of Rights.

America is supposed to utilize the democratic process to protect the rights of its people.

This requires contributions from everyone, and ideally the rate of contribution should be fair and equitable. But how does one go about deciding what is fair and equitable?

If a corporation uses our highway system in one day more than I use it in a lifetime because they have huge fleets of trucks travelling on them 24/7, shouldn't they pay a higher share of the taxes that service the highways?

Look guys, I'm not saying that the average person should be paying all these taxes. I'm saying that the corporations should. Why?

Because taxes skyrocketed as a direct result of Reagans "tax cuts" in the eighties when he cut taxes for the wealthy so that they would invest and the returns would "trickle down". My taxes didn't get cut then. Did yours?

G.H.W. Bush and G. W. Bush have both shown massive spending during their administrations on all kinds of crazy shit, the latest being the Office of Faith Based Initiatives... I mean come on. Aren't we supposed to at least seperate church and state? And I would bet that the people that run this office make a hell of alot more money than you or I. And the most interesting part is that they both "cut taxes", yet my taxes never went down. Did yours?

During the Clinton administration I paid the same taxes I paid during both Bush administrations. No difference. Not higher, not lower. Interesting thing though is that he signed NAFTA, AND he passed the Federal Telecommunications Act that effectively put control of all of our media in the hands of a few giant corporations. Sounds like the dems are no better.

So G.W. Bush doesn't raise our taxes when we are spending $2 trillion in Iraq. How does he pay for it? Well, things like borrowing from China. Now they have a stake in America, and he never asked us if it was okay. If it had been put to vote, would you have voted to pay more taxes for the "war" (occupation) in Iraq, or sign our economy over to China?

Well? How would you vote?

I want my country back, but I also want to be able to pull back the reins on the greedy and the wreckless so that this country and all of its beauty will be here for our kids, and their kids, and their kids. Bush anbd his corporate and Saudi cronies don't care about that. Do you?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 07:34 PM   #20
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,038
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Any of you cons ever collect unemployment? Instead of thanking the libs for it still being there you blame the libs for having to collect it in the first place.

Yes, but not because I had to, I lost my job and decided to take some time off. If there was no such thing as unemployment I would have gone out and just gotten another job instead - and probably be better off for it.

The difference between cons and libs is that cons are looking for blame, libs are looking for solutions. It is especially obvious in open conversation when there's a group of cons together whining about everything from those damn immigrants to those damn liberals.

Thats funny, its exactly the opposite from the way I see it. Libs are constantly looking to blame successful people/businesses for the hardships/plight of stupid and lazy people. If you dont think illegal immigrants drain resources and take advantage of our system then youre being a little naive.

The roots of the two terms: republican and democrat come from the words republic and democracy. I would be surprised if you can tell me the difference between the two without looking it up, but I am going to explain anyway:

You sound like kind of a dick, but whatever, this is the interweb.

A republic is a society that is founded on the rights of the individual, where the individual is protected from the group.

A democracy is a society that is founded on the well being of the majority (as in voting.... The democratic process).

Because it was feared that a straight democracy would be like 3 wolves and a chicken voting on what was for dinner, we became a democratic republic.

Note the two words were in the sentence together. They are not mutually exclusive. They are not even contradictory. They are supposed to be complementary. Thus the Constitution AND the Bill of Rights.

America is supposed to utilize the democratic process to protect the rights of its people.

Dont you vote? The only thing you can do is blame the people who dont for not... but that wouldnt do any good either

This requires contributions from everyone, and ideally the rate of contribution should be fair and equitable. But how does one go about deciding what is fair and equitable?

If a corporation uses our highway system in one day more than I use it in a lifetime because they have huge fleets of trucks travelling on them 24/7, shouldn't they pay a higher share of the taxes that service the highways?

They dont? What about all the licensing, inspection, etc. fees? They use a shitton of fuel dont they? Dont they pay taxes on it? Hmm I thought they did... and since I dont empty a 500 gallon tank every day... That would = them paying more road tax?

I have an idea, tell your lib friends to stop the no bid union transportation contracts and start taking them out for bid to companies who want the work, who will get it done on time, who will be competitive in their bid, and who are accountable for their work... Cause that would be an example of spending transport tax money more wisely rather than taking more tax money and throwing it away


Look guys, I'm not saying that the average person should be paying all these taxes. I'm saying that the corporations should. Why?

Because taxes skyrocketed as a direct result of Reagans "tax cuts" in the eighties when he cut taxes for the wealthy so that they would invest and the returns would "trickle down". My taxes didn't get cut then. Did yours?

They did? Ive not heard that - But I wasnt paying taxes in the 80s And whatever reagan/bush did really seemed to set clinton up for some pretty successful 90s

G.H.W. Bush and G. W. Bush have both shown massive spending during their administrations on all kinds of crazy shit, Liiiike, defense? Cause thats one thing the constitution says they should spend $$ onthe latest being the Office of Faith Based Initiatives... I mean come on. Aren't we supposed to at least seperate church and state? And I would bet that the people that run this office make a hell of alot more money than you or I. And the most interesting part is that they both "cut taxes", yet my taxes never went down. Did yours?

Faith based initiatives was just reallocating money that was already spent. How can you exclude faith based programs? Isnt that showing favoritism? How about if faith based programs show a higher success rate? Isnt it logical to at least find out if it works better? Isnt that better science? BTW There is no such thing as seperation of church and state. There is only "congress shall make no law favoring or excluding religion" Or something of that sort.

During the Clinton administration I paid the same taxes I paid during both Bush administrations. No difference. Not higher, not lower. Interesting thing though is that he signed NAFTA, AND he passed the Federal Telecommunications Act that effectively put control of all of our media in the hands of a few giant corporations. Sounds like the dems are no better.

Im pretty sure GWBush cut my fed income taxes. ANd I think he cut yours too, mebbe you could go back and look. The only people I see raising my taxes lately are moley granholm and the state of michigan, my democrat city (warren) and all the lib dems constantly calling for more gas taxes to somehow fix this filthy lie called global warming. And they want the money from ME, AVERAGE JOE. The dems are AT A MINIMUM no better, I tend to think they are on average worse

So G.W. Bush doesn't raise our taxes when we are spending $2 trillion in Iraq. How does he pay for it? Well, things like borrowing from China. Now they have a stake in America, and he never asked us if it was okay. If it had been put to vote, would you have voted to pay more taxes for the "war" (occupation) in Iraq, or sign our economy over to China?

Well? How would you vote?

I would vote that they stop defecit spending. There are plenty of places to cut before taxes need to be increased

I want my country back, but I also want to be able to pull back the reins on the greedy and the wreckless so that this country and all of its beauty will be here for our kids, and their kids, and their kids. Bush anbd his corporate and Saudi cronies don't care about that. Do you?
I dont know what kind of country you think you're going to get back by voting for liberals.
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.40734 seconds with 82 queries