So Mr. Toes wants me to start a thread arguing the bible..... - Page 7 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:07 AM   #121
lbfin88
American Infidel
 
lbfin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-24-06
Location: Lapeer
Posts: 1,090
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to lbfin88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Sorry. I meant to say bible, not bile.... And that was NOT a Freudian slip, so don't even go there.
lbfin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:16 AM   #122
lbfin88
American Infidel
 
lbfin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-24-06
Location: Lapeer
Posts: 1,090
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to lbfin88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71jeepster View Post
...
If the Bible is a literal book why are there so many versions and interpretations of it?
I guess that it's because there are so many different people? If you were to learn the original languages, I am told you'd find that the different versions are close to the same, with some exceptions. There are interpretations and then there are misinterpretations, you need to study the truth to know the difference.
lbfin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:20 PM   #123
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfin88 View Post
I guess that it's because there are so many different people? If you were to learn the original languages, I am told you'd find that the different versions are close to the same, with some exceptions. There are interpretations and then there are misinterpretations, you need to study the truth to know the difference.
Main Entry: truth
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English trewthe, from Old English trēowth fidelity; akin to Old English trēowe faithful more at true
Date: before 12th century
1: archaic : fidelity constancy b: sincerity in action, character, and utterance
2: the state of being the case : fact (2): the body of real things, events, and facts : actuality (3)often capitalized : a transcendent fundamental or spiritual reality b: a judgment, proposition, or idea that is true or accepted as true <truths of thermodynamics>

Main Entry: fact
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin factum, from neuter of factus, past participle of facere
Date: 15th century
1: a thing done: as aobsolete : feat b: crime <accessory after the fact> carchaic : action
2 archaic : performance doing
3: the quality of being actual : actuality <a question of fact hinges on evidence>
4 a: something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact> b: an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
5: a piece of information presented as having objective reality
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:28 PM   #124
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
Which translation does not have Jesus Christ laying down his life as the guiltless offering for our sins? Which translation doesn't detail the life of love and compassion that Jesus lived?

A few words written thousands of years ago not clearly declaring the Earth to be circular .. Is that really what's preventing people from trying to emulate Jesus?
Not me in the quote. I was pointing out the fact that someone else said that. It's not my position.














The Phantom reads all translations.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:37 PM   #125
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfin88 View Post
What makes you so sure that the earth is millions of years old? I can show to you evidence, historical and scientific, that the earth is less than 10,000 years old. The reason why you do not hear much about it is probably because it does not support the evolution theory, it does not make it plausible.
Yes, the Ark is reported to be on a mountain in Turkey. The historian Joesephus wrote that people of his day knew where it was. But even if they did find it many would explain it away.
The Ark is on a mountain in Turkey. Noah way !!!

What are you stupid If the earth flooded why the heck would the ark end up on a mountain. HEY maybe a scientist can explain it. Might have something to do with floating. That can't be true because in Noahs day they didn't the mathamatical formula's for displacement of water and the boincy coificents for the wood he used. So since he built the ark without the scientist it couldn't work.

BUT SOMEONE FORGOT TO TELL NOAH THAT. Ha ha ha yuk yuk GOD WINS AGAIN.













The Phantom wants to know what happen to the Unicorn
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:41 PM   #126
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
You mean this one?

Some Experts

According to ABC News: "Some experts think that" this satellite photograph "may be of Noah's Ark." Who are these experts? It just looks like a blob to me, but then I'm no expert! Only one "expert" is mentioned: an assistant professor at the University of Richmond. Is he an expert photographic analyst? An archaeologist, perhaps? A geologist, even? Or, maybe an expert on ships? No, he's an expert on national security law! Maybe it is just a blob, after all.

Source: "Satellite May Have Found Noah's Ark", ABC News, 3/15/2006
Call your Aunt at NASA. I'd call my Uncle but he would tell me thats a Chalupa or Chilidog or something.














The Phantom loves looking at photos they are easier to read HA HA
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:43 PM   #127
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Well, you and Mr. Toes should chat, because he clearly states that we need to take all of the bile literally, so we do, and you correct us. We don't, and he corrects us. So what's it going to be guys?
We are going to wear you down than make you join our cult.














The Phantom has a plan.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:07 PM   #128
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,947
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Wait a minute... You haven't even READ the bible yet, but you're saying you believe it? :tonka: So you are trying to convince us of the truth of a book that you haven't even read yet?


It doesn't matter WHY Kent Hovind evaded taxes. He evaded them. it's the law. In your christian logic would it be okay for me to murder people if they were sinful? What if I murdered doctors that performed abortions (in righteous indignation, of course). Would that be okay with you? Are crimes commited "in the name of the lord" okay with you, and others not?
Well, I'm honest. I haven't read the whole entire bible. It's alot, But Like I said, I've read most of it and actually have read the whole entire new testament and over half of the old. It's a work in progress. Instead of Just reading it, I study it. It takes a while longer. Cross references and the like are fun stuff. I once knew a Guy that read the whole thing in about 3 months. He would end and then start over. His Morning routine including getting up at about 4 or 5 and reading for about 5 hours a morning and then at night reading about 3 hours. He was Intense.

I was just saying that's the reason he's in Jail is because of that. In his mind and his logic it works. I agree that we, as christians, should obey the law and give to ceasar what is Ceaser and God what is Gods. That's why I pay taxes. Blah.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:09 PM   #129
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Wait a minute... You haven't even READ the bible yet, but you're saying you believe it? :tonka: So you are trying to convince us of the truth of a book that you haven't even read yet?


It doesn't matter WHY Kent Hovind evaded taxes. He evaded them. it's the law. In your christian logic would it be okay for me to murder people if they were sinful? What if I murdered doctors that performed abortions (in righteous indignation, of course). Would that be okay with you? Are crimes commited "in the name of the lord" okay with you, and others not?
If Kent Hovind evaded taxes that wern't established legally would he then actually be evaiding taxes and or breaking the law, or would he be avoiding extorsion and rackteering and fighting crime? What taxes did he not pay?
If you murdered doctors that performed abortions I would have to say that you actually didn't commit a murder but exercised you right to choose. If those doctors are unwanted what else are you suppose to do with them?
The Bible is clear about following man made law. We are suppose to do so, if not I think you would see alot of abortion doctors obituaries and alot of selective demolition.
So no it's not alright to ignore the law for your own agenda, even if you think it's God's will. If you truly believe in God and his power you have to realize that he can change or do anything he wants when he wants and how he wants.
If you don't believe in God then vote for a democrat. (that was a joke no reponse is needed)
As far as the guy not reading the Bible but believing, Thats one powerful book.













The Phantom hates taxes!!! Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:13 PM   #130
mdhmi
Senior Member
 
mdhmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-08-07
Location: West Side
Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
We are going to wear you down than make you join our cult.
I'm sure you said that in jest, as you no doubt know God is looking for people who want to know him.

That's why he said (Matthew 7:8) that "for everyone who asks receives; he who seeks find; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

Let's build our house on the rock and not be taken captive by the hollow philosophies of this world.
mdhmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:15 PM   #131
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfin88 View Post
I guess that it's because there are so many different people? If you were to learn the original languages, I am told you'd find that the different versions are close to the same, with some exceptions. There are interpretations and then there are misinterpretations, you need to study the truth to know the difference.
you need to study the truth to know the difference.

The truth will set you free.















The Phantom likes that book Born Free. I like to sing the song too.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:18 PM   #132
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
I'm sure you said that in jest, as you no doubt know God is looking for people who want to know him.

That's why he said (Matthew 7:8) that "for everyone who asks receives; he who seeks find; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

Let's build our house on the rock and not be taken captive by the hollow philosophies of this world.


JUST KIDDING. Unless you think it would work????















Rocks make a good foundation. It's solid The Phantom
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:20 PM   #133
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Well, I'm honest. I haven't read the whole entire bible. It's alot, But Like I said, I've read most of it and actually have read the whole entire new testament and over half of the old. It's a work in progress. Instead of Just reading it, I study it. It takes a while longer. Cross references and the like are fun stuff. I once knew a Guy that read the whole thing in about 3 months. He would end and then start over. His Morning routine including getting up at about 4 or 5 and reading for about 5 hours a morning and then at night reading about 3 hours. He was Intense.

I was just saying that's the reason he's in Jail is because of that. In his mind and his logic it works. I agree that we, as christians, should obey the law and give to ceasar what is Ceaser and God what is Gods. That's why I pay taxes. Blah.
If it's Ceasers kid (little Ceaser) i will give him money for a pizza.

God gets my soul













The phantom say's regular price four bucks four bucks four bucks.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:33 PM   #134
mdhmi
Senior Member
 
mdhmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-08-07
Location: West Side
Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
JUST KIDDING. Unless you think it would work????
lol

People have tried. It didn't work. God wasn't on their side. If God wanted to force people to love him then he wouldn't have given us free will.

Even the angles have free will. We know this as a third of them fell.
mdhmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:54 PM   #135
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
lol

People have tried. It didn't work. God wasn't on their side. If God wanted to force people to love him then he wouldn't have given us free will.

Even the angles have free will. We know this as a third of them fell.

Dude you opened a whole new debate. If we have free will than it means God does not know everthing because we haven't made a decission yet. A decission that we can go either way on.
The argument that God knows what decission we will make takes away our ability to choose since the choice is already known than there is no choice. In that instance we don't have a free will because if we changed what God knows as our decission it would mean he is not all knowing.

I don't know the answer but it can't be both.














The Phantom is spinning in his chair. I'm so confused.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:06 PM   #136
mdhmi
Senior Member
 
mdhmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-08-07
Location: West Side
Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
I don't know the answer but it can't be both.
God being omniscient doesn't disprove free will. God knows what we will do, that doesn't mean he made us do it.
mdhmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:25 PM   #137
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
God being omniscient doesn't disprove free will. God knows what we will do, that doesn't mean he made us do it.
If he knows what we are going to do than you don't have a choice its already predetermined. When did you make the choice?














The Phantom doesn't always make good choices
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:33 PM   #138
mdhmi
Senior Member
 
mdhmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-08-07
Location: West Side
Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
If he knows what we are going to do than you don't have a choice its already predetermined.
Pre-known, not predetermined.

Last edited by mdhmi; January 23rd, 2008 at 05:48 PM.
mdhmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:39 PM   #139
MITJ
SEMPER FI
 
MITJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-10-07
Location: White Lake, Michigan
Posts: 84
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
Pre-known, not predetermined.














The Phantom doesn't always make good choices
[/QUOTE]

Even if it pre-Known you cannot change the known, ex. If God knows I am going to turn right at the corner,and I assume he knows this before I get there, If I decide to go left, I made a choice, and also made God wrong, because I was Known to turn right. So I don't know but I am pretty sure my decision cannot trump God's decision.
MITJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 08:40 PM   #140
71jeepster
Glad I'm not Gay J. Hall!
 
71jeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-26-06
Location: Kellogg, ID
Posts: 3,091
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to 71jeepster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfin88 View Post
I guess that it's because there are so many different people? If you were to learn the original languages, I am told you'd find that the different versions are close to the same, with some exceptions. There are interpretations and then there are misinterpretations, you need to study the truth to know the difference.
Show me exactly what the truth is. The Bible is based off belief, if it was fact there would be no open interpretation!

Here's another question for you since the Bible and GOD are fact. According to the Catholic church and the Bible sex is for procreation only. If this is true and GOD created women for procreation, then why did he give them a clitoris? There is absolutely no reason for a woman to have a clitoris other then pleasure. It has nothing to do with creating or delivering babies.

Also, I would like you to show me factual proof that any of the "stories" in the Bible are true. Like I said before, it's a good book and it keeps a lot of people in this world on a "good" track. But if there is only 1 GOD that is in our Bible, then does that make Allah, and Buddha fake? If there is only 1 GOD then how do we know it's the one in "our" Bible? If this is true that would mean that other religions would be believing in "fake" God's, right? Show me any real hands on proof and I will believe what you say. Until then I will keep "believing" my way.
71jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.52753 seconds with 81 queries