So Mr. Toes wants me to start a thread arguing the bible..... - Page 10 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #181
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post

I dislike people that bring up this as a "smoke Screen". It's not God's Fault that we mess up every day, Stop blaming him for crap that we do. The more and more I debate this subject I realize how much it would suck to be God and see all the crap we put him through. We deny his Existance, then we blame him for every single bad thing that happens, when in all reality it's our own faults for ignoring his word. We Don't want him to have any control of our lifes, yet at the same time we blame him for not controlling things like Rapists, murder, and the like. You can't have both, so stop trying.
ROFL!!! You are the one that said god knows exactly what we are going to do, and tht he created us, therefore he is totally responsible for all of this.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:43 PM   #182
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
There are secret things that belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law. (Deuteronomy 29)

Inner peace isn't obtained by understanding how the creator created, it's obtained by being reconciled to God through his son.

This is the peace that passes knowledge.
Attaboy, use the bible to repeat what I JUST SAID!
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #183
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Only baffons follow the I don't know it must be Gods will road. We are the rulers of the entire earth and when you choose not to use your brain but to merely say it must be God so I'm not going to do anything you are commiting a huge injustice to God, providing you believe in God.
The why, and how don't always have an answer, and sometimes we don't want to hear the answer, this is true more often than not.
Most of the time the answer requires some self refection and the admitting that you are the cause or a contibuting factor, or the re evaluation of your position on a subject. In other words we make excuses and justify our own short commings. This is especially true when it comes to Christians as they all to often will give a reason why the sin the committed doesn't apply to their situation. I know you didn't want to hear that.

Durka Durka The Phantom
Wait a sec... How can we be the rulers of the entire Earth? Didn't he create it? Isn't he going to take it away from us pretty soon? How then are we the rulers?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #184
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
We have true knowledge but we choose not to believe it. We don't know what each other thinks or if you believe in God what God thinks. We also don't know why people do what they do and they (people) don't know why you do what you do. This does not mean we don't have knowledge it means that everbody has their own mind.
1. Please define 'true knowledge'.
2. So you DON'T know what your god thinks? Well then why are all of you authoritativley pontificating about it with such bravado?
3. If everyone has 'their own mind', then how is it that your god knows EXACTLY what I'm going to do? Obviously it's not ALL mine.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #185
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
First of all, Zeek (your god) isn't coming back to rescue me if I didn't choose what he wants me to choose.

Second of all, according to all of you, he already KNEW that I was going to choose that, so why did he lead me there in the first place? Seems like a waste of BOTH of our time to me.
Third the ride ain't over and you may change you analitical bursting mind. And guess what God already knows this but you don't. The God of Abraham, Isac, Isaha, Solomon. You know the guy.















The Phantom never gives up on anybody. Its like the new Spiderman movie.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #186
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
He doesn't Say your going to hell or heaven or not at birth. He can just see what choices you are going to make. Hope that make alittle more sense.




I don't see how that's different? If I come up to you and share the Gospel, that is one point in our lives that both of us have to make a Choice. It's your choice to accept or reject. It's still your Choice. It's my Choice to Follow that Calling to Share or not to share. And we can do either because of Free will. God knows what you're Decision will be, but it's up to you to make that Choice.
*sigh* Okay, here we go again:

1. If he says that if I do not choose correctly then I will go to hell, and he already knows what I'll choose, then he has already decided where I will end up before I'm born. It makes PERFECT sense. No problem so far.
2. If your god "knows what you're decision will be", then there's no other decision that I CAN make but the one he already has laid out for me.




The Phantoms Evil Twin DOES the math.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:55 PM   #187
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Hey Toes. How's it hangin' bud? Glad I'm not alone on this one tonight. Always a pleasure to parry with you. Is your rapier sharp tonight?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:56 PM   #188
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Third the ride ain't over and you may change you analitical bursting mind. And guess what God already knows this but you don't. The God of Abraham, Isac, Isaha, Solomon. You know the guy.


The Phantom never gives up on anybody. Its like the new Spiderman movie.
Right, but you already said yourself that he KNOWS what I'll choose, so I obviously CAN'T surprise him, unless of course he is not all-knowing/all-seeing after all......?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:58 PM   #189
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
Because we live in a fallen world. God is the author of life and light, not death and darkness.
Ummmm... Please don't make me pull out all of the stuff in the bible and history about all the death and darkness your god has, and intends, to bring upon this earth.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #190
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I have yet to see any proof that the Big bang actually happened, only belief (Speculation) that it happened. It comes down to Faith in both situations.

On another note, I'm glad you don't blame God for your choices. I just posted that because most of those questions do just that. My God is the real God because that is what I believe. The only way to find out is to Die. I don't want to yet. And, In Christian Opinion, all other religions are Based on Lies. Yes.
I've never seen anything remotely resembling proof that the Big Bang actually happened. I don't necessarily buy in to the THEORY myself, but it is only that..... THEORY, and one wrought with bigger questions by brining it up in the first place.

So, if your god is "the real God because that is what (you) believe", then maybe you would consider stating that you BELIEVE that your god is the only god, not the he IS the only real god. Then you would allow others to perceive you as willing to at least listen, like you say you will and unlike all the others you say won't.

I've been here listening to all of you, and in case you haven't noticed, up until now nearly ALL of my posts were QUESTIONS, not statements. My response to your answers were QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ANSWERS, but questions all the same. Notice the fundamental difference: I'm asking, you're telling....

Go ahead, pose some questions for me. I'm ready. Are you?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:07 PM   #191
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=mdhmi;919935]
I think if we systematically examine religions and rule them out one by one we'll be left with only three that could be legitimate. Judaism, Christianity, and Mohamidism.
QUOTE]

Wait a minute, how can you 'systematically examine and rule them out'? By what criteria? That which most closely represents your own beliefs? How does that make them illegitimate?




The Phantoms Evil Twin recognizes prejudice in some of the most well intended souls.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #192
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Right, but you already said yourself that he KNOWS what I'll choose, so I obviously CAN'T surprise him, unless of course he is not all-knowing/all-seeing after all......?
WHO WHO WHO (that was a new luaghing sound) It's been a few slow day's around here where have you been? lol
You got the you can't surprise him part right. Your a rotten bastard because you type so much faster than I do. And I know your already on the Iraq thing. GO BABY GO !!!!














The Phantom ssshhhaaaawing
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #193
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Hey Toes. How's it hangin' bud? Glad I'm not alone on this one tonight. Always a pleasure to parry with you. Is your rapier sharp tonight?

Don't know I just try to listen and learn.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:20 PM   #194
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Wait a sec... How can we be the rulers of the entire Earth? Didn't he create it? Isn't he going to take it away from us pretty soon? How then are we the rulers?
We where given domain over the earth. But I actually ment that from a sceintific stand point.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #195
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
1. Please define 'true knowledge'.
2. So you DON'T know what your god thinks? Well then why are all of you authoritativley pontificating about it with such bravado?
3. If everyone has 'their own mind', then how is it that your god knows EXACTLY what I'm going to do? Obviously it's not ALL mine.
We know right from wrong we know good from bad there are true knowledeges we have but we choose to ignore.

I don't perfece to know what God thinks I only have what is in the bible as a guidline to what I think I should do.


I'm not sure about God knowing what your going to do vs free will.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #196
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
WHO WHO WHO (that was a new luaghing sound) It's been a few slow day's around here where have you been? lol
You got the you can't surprise him part right. Your a rotten bastard because you type so much faster than I do. And I know your already on the Iraq thing. GO BABY GO !!!!

The Phantom ssshhhaaaawing
1. Doing family stuff.
2. If I can't surprise him, and he therefore knows what I'll choose, and presumably before I am born, then aren't I born doomed since I cannot agree to succumb under threat of eternal hell and brimstone (that's called tyranny, and I would rather die a slow painful death than give in to it).
3. 55 words per minute.




The Phantoms Evil Twin is laughing watching people dance around his questions. Where is the music?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #197
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,996
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
*sigh* Okay, here we go again:

1. If he says that if I do not choose correctly then I will go to hell, and he already knows what I'll choose, then he has already decided where I will end up before I'm born. It makes PERFECT sense. No problem so far.
2. If your god "knows what you're decision will be", then there's no other decision that I CAN make but the one he already has laid out for me.




The Phantoms Evil Twin DOES the math.
I believe that....

1. He says You'll go to hell if you do not choose to follow him and Accept his Son as your savior. He CAN"T make that Choice for you. He hasn't Decided anything but the Simple fact that If you don't have Jesus, You go to hell. You still make that Choice, it's still your fault if you end up in Hell. Makes sense to me!
2. If he makes that Desision for you then, Yes, You don't have any say. But What I'm Proposing is that God Doesn't make that Desicion, you do. He can see what that choice will be and He knows were you end up. He doesn't control your choices though.

Quote:
ROFL!!! You are the one that said god knows exactly what we are going to do, and tht he created us, therefore he is totally responsible for all of this.
I believe that....

You are wrong in saying this. Just like what I've said in the past. All those things can be Brought back to Us as humans messing up. We make the Improper Choices and that leads us to do these things. God has given us Free will and This is what happens when we fall away from him.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #198
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
We where given domain over the earth. But I actually ment that from a sceintific stand point.
Oh, NEVER trust science. By the way, you never answered my earlier question, "So are you saying that science is a lie?"......?







Hum-te-dum-de-dum..... The Phantoms Evil Twin STILL waits for an answer...... La la la la......
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:43 PM   #199
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I believe that....

1. He says You'll go to hell if you do not choose to follow him and Accept his Son as your savior. He CAN"T make that Choice for you. He hasn't Decided anything but the Simple fact that If you don't have Jesus, You go to hell. You still make that Choice, it's still your fault if you end up in Hell. Makes sense to me!
2. If he makes that Desision for you then, Yes, You don't have any say. But What I'm Proposing is that God Doesn't make that Desicion, you do. He can see what that choice will be and He knows were you end up. He doesn't control your choices though.



I believe that....

You are wrong in saying this. Just like what I've said in the past. All those things can be Brought back to Us as humans messing up. We make the Improper Choices and that leads us to do these things. God has given us Free will and This is what happens when we fall away from him.


Okay, let's try an analogy/question.....

Your at a casino playing craps.

You have dice that you KNOW FOR A FACT (because you're god and you know everything) will turn sevens on the next throw.

Is it still a game of 'chance'?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #200
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I believe that....

1. He says You'll go to hell if you do not choose to follow him and Accept his Son as your savior. He CAN"T make that Choice for you. He hasn't Decided anything but the Simple fact that If you don't have Jesus, You go to hell. You still make that Choice, it's still your fault if you end up in Hell. Makes sense to me!
2. If he makes that Desision for you then, Yes, You don't have any say. But What I'm Proposing is that God Doesn't make that Desicion, you do. He can see what that choice will be and He knows were you end up. He doesn't control your choices though.



I believe that....

You are wrong in saying this. Just like what I've said in the past. All those things can be Brought back to Us as humans messing up. We make the Improper Choices and that leads us to do these things. God has given us Free will and This is what happens when we fall away from him.
Check with Mr. Toes. He seems aware of the paradox (dichotomy is more like it) that I am pointing out, and admits that even he can't explain it. I'm not saying that it invalidates the bible or your religion, or that your faith is illinvested, I'm just raising questions and searching for answers, just like you said you do and some of us (because you couldn't have been referring to me) don't.

No harm no foul bro.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.46488 seconds with 81 queries