Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:16 PM   #41
Smiley
Senior Member
 
Smiley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-26-05
Location: Byron Center
Posts: 796
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Tazers are illegal in Michigan. Pepper balls from a paintball gun are OK.
Smiley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:18 PM   #42
Ice Princess
I'm just here
 
Ice Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Lapeer
Posts: 1,308
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Ice Princess Send a message via MSN to Ice Princess
Default

I didn't read all 2 pages, no time. I'm in class. But I have found that a baseball bat works nicely. It's legal, light weight, easy to hide, and can do some damage (if used correctly).
And you have a variety of wood, aluminum..... take your pick.
For the girls, I would suggest aluminum. It's light enough, and it would hurt :miff:
Ice Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #43
gehtowheeler
what dreams are made of
 
gehtowheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-07
Location: davison
Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to gehtowheeler
Default

tazers are ify i feel i would have to get to close to use a civiallian version of one
gehtowheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #44
skife
Senior Member
 
skife's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-07
Location: cedar springs mi
Posts: 5,101
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to skife Send a message via MSN to skife
Default

I'd have chanced it and opened the door.

Curiosity gets to me.
skife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #45
jbro507
I <3 2get high.. centered
 
jbro507's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-07
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,467
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
Tazers are illegal in Michigan. Pepper balls from a paintball gun are OK.
you have to be kidding me...

if your not, that is the largest amount of BS i've seen in awhile.. Having just moved her from NJ, I'm still getting used to walking into a sporting goods store and seeing more firearms then sneekers... I'm very neutral on the whole right to bear arms issue... but if the state is going to let me own an s-load of guns and give me the green light to use lethal force to protect my property, it's amasing I can downgrade to a tazer..

i'm dumbfounded..
jbro507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #46
jeepman784
Now pedals a bicycle
 
jeepman784's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: grand rapids area, michigan
Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepman784
Default

i keep a bat in my wife's car, my car, the garage and my bedroom... playin ball my whole life and not knowing how to hit paid off with lots of too broken for baseball, good for kneecaps bats.

i would like to get a small handgun, and take shooting 'lessons' with my wife just to have around for her if i weren't home. i also realize that if a prowler gets the gun away from her/me, that's BIG trouble.

I am also going to get another dog, much less retarted than the english setter i have now that will be more of a 'guard' type dog... at least a BIT wary of strangers... we hope to get a greater swiss mtn. dog (100+lbs) in the next few years.

this topic has been discussed more than 1x in my home, but we live in jenison where noone locks their doors and the mean age is 100+ on my street. either way, i don't feel comfortable when i am gone and my wife is home alone. I may be joining the navy in a couple years after grad school, so potentially my wife could be home alone for 6+ months at a time. kinda scary
jeepman784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:26 PM   #47
gehtowheeler
what dreams are made of
 
gehtowheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-07
Location: davison
Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to gehtowheeler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbro507 View Post
you have to be kidding me...

if your not, that is the largest amount of BS i've seen in awhile.. Having just moved her from NJ, I'm still getting used to walking into a sporting goods store and seeing more firearms then sneekers... I'm very neutral on the whole right to bear arms issue... but if the state is going to let me own an s-load of guns and give me the green light to use lethal force to protect my property, it's amasing I can downgrade to a tazer..

i'm dumbfounded..
i grew up in flint and detroit just moved to davison and i am a white male not of legal age to carry a conceald wepon but when i am i will be carring because of my experinces
gehtowheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:32 PM   #48
jbro507
I <3 2get high.. centered
 
jbro507's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-07
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,467
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

unbelievable... per

http://www.taser.org/laws.html

"Legal for bail agent, private investigator, or properly trained aircraft pilot or crew"
jbro507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:46 PM   #49
Xrated
ASSHOLE
 
Xrated's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-15-06
Location: richmond ,mi
Posts: 932
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Wow lot's of misleading info to you here.

First who the fuk calls it "ding dong ditch" it's "nicca knockin" fag. That is the most likely case anyway's, kid's being kid's.

If you dont want a lethal firearm buy the shittiest used mossberg shotgun and i'll load you some very light airsoft load's.

You absolutly cannot shot someone even if they are tresspassing inside your home unless you are in a corner. As in you have no way out period other than through the trespasser. This also goes for any situation being threatened with a firearm. If you beleive otherwise you should be able to afford a very very good lawyer. In the instance that you may have to use lethal force (god forbid) you will be arrested and held for bond. Once again you cant just shoot someone.

Baseball bat's are useless in a fight and will be considered a lethal weapon in court (that is if you are fast enough to actually wind up and hit your attacker with it).

A glock or any other pistol for that matter is the worst choice for a home defense weapon. Any shotgun, full choke light #6 lead shot load.

There is more but im sick of it for a bit.
Xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #50
DUNTRUCKIN
LOVING LIFE
 
DUNTRUCKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-15-07
Location: Harrison, MI
Posts: 1,038
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I think if it were an emergancy that the person would have went on to another door or maybe yelled something like "I NEED HELP" so probably a good thing you didn't answer the door. When I was an over the road driver, I worried about the wife and kids home alone while I was gone for weeks at a time, but she's a mean ole bit** and never had any problems, besides we had two dogs, one that barks at everyone and the other is useless!! She also had a bat close by incase!
DUNTRUCKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:52 PM   #51
jbro507
I <3 2get high.. centered
 
jbro507's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-07
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,467
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I'm a fan of the dog theory.. we're going to get a bigger one once we have kids.
jbro507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #52
Ebs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: MI
Posts: 3,353
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrated View Post
You absolutly cannot shot someone even if they are tresspassing inside your home unless you are in a corner. As in you have no way out period other than through the trespasser. This also goes for any situation being threatened with a firearm. If you beleive otherwise you should be able to afford a very very good lawyer. In the instance that you may have to use lethal force (god forbid) you will be arrested and held for bond. Once again you cant just shoot someone.
Michigan no longer has a 'duty to retreat' clause.
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:01 PM   #53
DUNTRUCKIN
LOVING LIFE
 
DUNTRUCKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-15-07
Location: Harrison, MI
Posts: 1,038
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Bigger dogs doesn't always mean a better watch dog! My mom and dad have a fiest (like a rat terrier) that I would trade my 3 boxers for when it comes to being protective and having good watch dog abilities....
DUNTRUCKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #54
badazzamc
Get Some
 
badazzamc's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Swartz Creek Mi
Posts: 4,215
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i would have answered with my .40 pointing out the door.
badazzamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #55
RockyMTN05
Cadillac pimpin
 
RockyMTN05's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-02-07
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to RockyMTN05
Default



and



is what strange visitors are faced with at my door.
RockyMTN05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #56
JeepRat
Infidel
 
JeepRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Clarkston
Posts: 492
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrated View Post
Wow lot's of misleading info to you here.

First who the fuk calls it "ding dong ditch" it's "nicca knockin" fag. That is the most likely case anyway's, kid's being kid's.

If you dont want a lethal firearm buy the shittiest used mossberg shotgun and i'll load you some very light airsoft load's.

You absolutly cannot shot someone even if they are tresspassing inside your home unless you are in a corner. As in you have no way out period other than through the trespasser. This also goes for any situation being threatened with a firearm. If you beleive otherwise you should be able to afford a very very good lawyer. In the instance that you may have to use lethal force (god forbid) you will be arrested and held for bond. Once again you cant just shoot someone.

Baseball bat's are useless in a fight and will be considered a lethal weapon in court (that is if you are fast enough to actually wind up and hit your attacker with it).

A glock or any other pistol for that matter is the worst choice for a home defense weapon. Any shotgun, full choke light #6 lead shot load.

There is more but im sick of it for a bit.
wow and you just added more misinformation. Read up on the Castle Doctrine as it applies here in Michigan.
JeepRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:19 PM   #57
yozsi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-27-07
Location: La Porte, IN
Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i'm for the guy who says shoot through the door then see what the dude wants.
yozsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:35 PM   #58
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,983
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRat View Post
wow and you just added more misinformation. Read up on the Castle Doctrine as it applies here in Michigan.
x2.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...06-PA-0311.htm
__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!

Last edited by Monkeyevil; January 14th, 2008 at 08:39 PM.
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:40 PM   #59
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Baseball Bat in the bed room. I have my breaker bar (24 in Steel) Behind my front door. I answer the door but am smart. I live in South west lansing. It's alittle shaky, but we've never had any problems. Although, I've seen shell casings on the ground in the parking lot And then there was that small bag of green stuff. We just threw it back on the ground and got in the car. That was an interesting week.

For Added INsurance, I engage the "Roll over Switch" on our vehicles when we are gone for a long time. So...If they break into our car/Truck...they can Hot wire it, but unless they figure that out....They can't get any gas. It's a Beautiful thing. It also helps that the explorer has the Full Theft System on it. Which I think Disables the Fuel pump with out the chipped key. Good day.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 09:01 PM   #60
guest
.
 
Join Date: 12-14-06
Location: .
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to guest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATLWGN View Post
I do not see where you stated they had a gun. So before you call people dipshits, you better make sure what you said.
Your exactly right!! I never said with a gun. Except for this post from ME on the first page.:miff:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~(__^> View Post
Okay so what are you going to do sit there and let them beat the hell out of you with a gun pointed to your head. ""Wow....NO""

Thanks.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.20914 seconds with 51 queries