JP fabrication? - Page 18 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Classic Threads
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Classic Threads Threads to good to lose! Now all found in one forum!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #341
Dirty Turtle
Senior Member
 
Dirty Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: Grand Blanc
Posts: 1,773
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Ya, it worked great. I'm not ashamed of that. They are fenders. They don't need to be DOM. They cost me $20 and looked great! I use it for roof racks too, cause it's light, bends easy, and cheap! It wasn't like I was selling them!

But hey, at least I can build a bumper that isn't fucking crooked and I can drill a hole straight.
Dirty Turtle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:22 PM   #342
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,756
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Turtle View Post
I can drill a hole straight.
WPWP
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline  
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:52 PM   #343
ouchman
Senior Member
 
ouchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-06
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 2,315
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ouchman Send a message via Skype™ to ouchman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Turtle View Post
Ya, it worked great. I'm not ashamed of that. They are fenders. They don't need to be DOM. They cost me $20 and looked great! I use it for roof racks too, cause it's light, bends easy, and cheap! It wasn't like I was selling them!

But hey, at least I can build a bumper that isn't fucking crooked and I can drill a hole straight.
your right, you did sell the jeep with them on it, did you tell the guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Turtle View Post
bends easy, and cheap!
and about all the bondo you used? im sure you did, cause your a stand up guy right. :tonka:
__________________
support the sport- www.GLFWDA.org - member

Quote:
Dear Travelers,
You won't see London and you won't see France, until we see your underpants!
Sincerely, TSA Officers

Last edited by ouchman; June 4th, 2008 at 11:18 PM.
ouchman is offline  
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:06 PM   #344
Dirty Turtle
Senior Member
 
Dirty Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: Grand Blanc
Posts: 1,773
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Actually no, I didn't use bondo asshole. I used fiberglass. After I ground the welds smooth, I used fiberglass to smooth everything out. It's called finishing your shit for paint. And if you wanna talk shit about grinding welds, go ahead because I NEVER grind my welds on my bumpers other than the endcaps, unlike JPFab which grinds everything because their welds look like shit.

I don't remember if I told him or not, but who the fukc cares...there isn't anything wrong with them. They will do their job, just fine. You wanna keep attacking me, go ahead. The people that I HAVE built shit for aren't the ones on here bitching. There is 18 pages against JPFab, so when you get 18 pages of people who don't like my fab work then come talk to me. If not, then shut the fukc up.

So now what the fukc do you have to say?
Dirty Turtle is offline  
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:24 PM   #345
ouchman
Senior Member
 
ouchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-06
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 2,315
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ouchman Send a message via Skype™ to ouchman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Turtle View Post
Actually no, I didn't use bondo asshole. I used fiberglass. After I ground the welds smooth, I used fiberglass to smooth everything out. It's called finishing your shit for paint. And if you wanna talk shit about grinding welds, go ahead because I NEVER grind my welds on my bumpers other than the endcaps, unlike JPFab which grinds everything because their welds look like shit.

I don't remember if I told him or not, but who the fukc cares...there isn't anything wrong with them. They will do their job, just fine. You wanna keep attacking me, go ahead. The people that I HAVE built shit for aren't the ones on here bitching. There is 18 pages against JPFab, so when you get 18 pages of people who don't like my fab work then come talk to me. If not, then shut the fukc up.

So now what the fukc do you have to say?

i was there when you had one side done dumb ass, and there was bondo, so you glassed over bondo good to know, and how will they do there job, when you said they bend easy, did you put that much glass on them?so thy'll hold up to rubbing a tree or if the tire does get into the fender it wont bend?, thats right it will, but it bends easy so he can just bend it back. your right, you win
__________________
support the sport- www.GLFWDA.org - member

Quote:
Dear Travelers,
You won't see London and you won't see France, until we see your underpants!
Sincerely, TSA Officers

Last edited by ouchman; June 4th, 2008 at 11:34 PM.
ouchman is offline  
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:45 AM   #346
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,851
iTrader: (43)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchman View Post
i was there when you had one side done dumb ass, and there was bondo, so you glassed over bondo good to know, and how will they do there job, when you said they bend easy, did you put that much glass on them?so thy'll hold up to rubbing a tree or if the tire does get into the fender it wont bend?, thats right it will, but it bends easy so he can just bend it back. your right, you win
You are a jackass.
firehawk is online now  
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:10 AM   #347
Dirty Turtle
Senior Member
 
Dirty Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: Grand Blanc
Posts: 1,773
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Man, that really fucking looks like Bondo to me. I don't even OWN bondo. I've bought ONE can ever and it was when I was like 18. Bondo is pink you fucking idiot. There is less than a 1/16" of glass and it is on the top, not the side. You have no clue what your talking about so like I said, STFU.

Your just making yourself look stupid now.
Dirty Turtle is offline  
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:12 AM   #348
Dirty Turtle
Senior Member
 
Dirty Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: Grand Blanc
Posts: 1,773
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default



Oh, and the chances of a tree hitting it....are pretty slim. Considering the tires stick out 5" past the fender.
Dirty Turtle is offline  
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:22 AM   #349
ouchman
Senior Member
 
ouchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-06
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 2,315
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ouchman Send a message via Skype™ to ouchman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Turtle View Post
Man, that really fucking looks like Bondo to me. I don't even OWN bondo. I've bought ONE can ever and it was when I was like 18. Bondo is pink you fucking idiot. There is less than a 1/16" of glass and it is on the top, not the side. You have no clue what your talking about so like I said, STFU.

Your just making yourself look stupid now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
You are a jackass.



cant we all just get along?
__________________
support the sport- www.GLFWDA.org - member

Quote:
Dear Travelers,
You won't see London and you won't see France, until we see your underpants!
Sincerely, TSA Officers
ouchman is offline  
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #350
Pokerob
hug life
 
Pokerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: G-Rap, MI
Posts: 10,148
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchman View Post
i was there when you had one side done dumb ass, and there was bondo, so you glassed over bondo good to know, and how will they do there job, when you said they bend easy, did you put that much glass on them?so thy'll hold up to rubbing a tree or if the tire does get into the fender it wont bend?, thats right it will, but it bends easy so he can just bend it back. your right, you win
im telling Megatron
Pokerob is offline  
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:39 AM   #351
longarm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-13-05
Location: MI.
Posts: 634
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTLER View Post
Mitch If your fenders were striped to bare metal I bet that Body filler (Bondo) would be holding the top plates in place with very few spot welds that did not penetrate metal on the back sides of them.

FYI: I donít think anyone who received work from JP fabrication that had a problem jumped to conclusions. There has been more than one person pissed off that has received shit work from JP Fabrication that I have seen myself. I hope that your fenders are built much better than what I have seen and had to repair. But then I only tape cars at Maaco and do not know anything about body work or painting
YOU WORK AT MAACO!?! Holy shit, I KNEW you didn't do your own Jeep!!!! Just kidding. I actually value your opinion over several others in here. Your TJ does look great btw. I'm just trying to help Nosilla's thread out to beat my 20 something page thread from last year. It might be hard to do but there are alot of keyboard warriors that are only keyboard warriors that live in here.
longarm is offline  
Old June 5th, 2008, 10:10 AM   #352
Christmas Cookie
rack tap re-rack click
 
Christmas Cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,530
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

how come everyone hates on bondo so much..that stuff works great if used what its meant for....shit there is even bondo in my Jeep...I saw it right before the dealership painted it, you guys really need to stop bashing bondo when you don't even know how to use it
Christmas Cookie is offline  
Old June 5th, 2008, 10:27 AM   #353
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 6,369
iTrader: (38)
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Turtle View Post
Oh, and the chances of a tree hitting it....are pretty slim. Considering the tires stick out 5" past the fender.
I must suck at driving because my tires stick out far and I've mangled my fenders. I guess it works for a mallcrawler that is only worried about looks.
__________________
Neither Skinny Nor Pretty DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
Surviving Project Car Hell - We have all been there

Last edited by JohnnyJ; June 5th, 2008 at 01:38 PM.
JohnnyJ is online now  
Old June 5th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #354
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,968
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

kickstand is offline  
Old June 5th, 2008, 11:31 AM   #355
silverxj
Recovering XJ owner
 
silverxj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,620
iTrader: (64)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
I must suck at driving because my tires stick out far and I've mangled my fenders. I guess it works for a mallcrawler that is only worried about looks.
I was thinking the same thing!! My fenders are totally f*cked.
silverxj is offline  
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #356
junk90xj
ALLPRO AUTO
 
junk90xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: lansing
Posts: 4,558
iTrader: (47)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverxj View Post
I was thinking the same thing!! My fenders are totally f*cked.
agreed.
__________________
http://www.apalansing.com/
junk90xj is offline  
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:26 PM   #357
trailrail302
Im going FAST!!!
 
trailrail302's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-07
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 3,487
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

I have a gallon of bondo on my hood and it looks F-cking Bad Ass +1 for Bondo



trailrail302 is offline  
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:37 PM   #358
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 6,369
iTrader: (38)
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrail302 View Post
I have a gallon of bondo on my hood and it looks F-cking Bad Ass +1 for Bondo
Yeah, but that looks like some heavy duty conduit you've got for tube fenders.
__________________
Neither Skinny Nor Pretty DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
Surviving Project Car Hell - We have all been there
JohnnyJ is online now  
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:45 PM   #359
trailrail302
Im going FAST!!!
 
trailrail302's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-07
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 3,487
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

SSHHH... its rebar reinforced pvc filled with quick crete and painted grey so no one will know. Dont tell any one Johnny,
trailrail302 is offline  
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #360
ouchman
Senior Member
 
ouchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-06
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 2,315
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ouchman Send a message via Skype™ to ouchman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrail302 View Post
SSHHH... its rebar reinforced pvc filled with quick crete and painted grey so no one will know. Dont tell any one Johnny,
:tonka::tonka::tonka:
__________________
support the sport- www.GLFWDA.org - member

Quote:
Dear Travelers,
You won't see London and you won't see France, until we see your underpants!
Sincerely, TSA Officers
ouchman is offline  
Closed Thread
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Classic Threads
Tags
bunny rabbit, fuckingkiddinme?, homosexuals read this, jp fab= fuck my shit up, jp fags, longarm clueless, neil is a douche bag, nosilla=nosella, not my problome, ryan the butt pirate, turtlfab=conduit, vagina, wtf post

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.30979 seconds with 81 queries