NP231 yoke replacement - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > General Tech
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 18th, 2006, 08:39 AM   #1
hztd0m
Senior Member
 
hztd0m's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-13-06
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Posts: 337
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default NP231 yoke replacement

I managed to bust one of the little tabs off the rear yoke of my np231 (the tab that holds the u-joint cap in) Anyone have one lieing around that they would sell me or do you happen to have a part number. I would take it off and bring it in the store with me but the jeep is my only mode of transport at the moment.

I'm located in lansing.

Thanks.
hztd0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 18th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #2
SageJp
Senior Member
 
SageJp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-06
Location: Vassar
Posts: 404
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I'm confused, do you already have the slipyoke eliminater. If not, their shouldn't be a yoke on the rear of the t-case.
By the way, If you do have a sye, I have the yoke that came with my advance adapter sye. I never used that yoke, but I'm a ways from you.
SageJp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 01:11 PM   #3
junk90xj
ALLPRO AUTO
 
junk90xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: lansing
Posts: 4,550
iTrader: (47)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

pm to you
__________________
http://www.apalansing.com/
junk90xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 03:53 PM   #4
hztd0m
Senior Member
 
hztd0m's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-13-06
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Posts: 337
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageJp
I'm confused, do you already have the slipyoke eliminater. If not, their shouldn't be a yoke on the rear of the t-case.
By the way, If you do have a sye, I have the yoke that came with my advance adapter sye. I never used that yoke, but I'm a ways from you.
I have a SYE so the rear of the t-case is now a fixed yoke. I could be wrong on the terminology. the rear of the t-case has the same end as the differential.
hztd0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 08:09 AM   #5
KILLER"B"468
Yankabilly
 
KILLER"B"468's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Hendersonville Tn.
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

You most likely will have to get one from the manufacture of the SYE. They have yokes turned to there seals. So as a fix I would use an old ujoint and put it in the yoke. Push to the good side with a tab. And weld a washer onto the side that is broken off. I have done this as a trail fix to mine and many others. Most have never changed the yoke after that
__________________
being on the eastern edge of the central time zone sucks...it gets dark WAY to early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
An occasional jello or vasoline wrestling match isn't out of the question either.
KILLER"B"468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #6
SageJp
Senior Member
 
SageJp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-06
Location: Vassar
Posts: 404
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER"B&quot View Post
as a fix I would use an old ujoint and put it in the yoke. Push to the good side with a tab. And weld a washer onto the side that is broken off.
I've seen this done on alot of rigs, works great. In fact, I have a buddy that does this to all his yokes before they get the chance to break.
SageJp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #7
hztd0m
Senior Member
 
hztd0m's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-13-06
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Posts: 337
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER"B&quot View Post
You most likely will have to get one from the manufacture of the SYE. They have yokes turned to there seals. So as a fix I would use an old ujoint and put it in the yoke. Push to the good side with a tab. And weld a washer onto the side that is broken off. I have done this as a trail fix to mine and many others. Most have never changed the yoke after that
Good call. That's what I'll do, thanks again for the help.
hztd0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > General Tech

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.13056 seconds with 43 queries