what's the difference between abortion and slavery? - Page 8 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:06 PM   #141
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

nevermind, I recant my double deep comment

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...072scuba2.html

I must be thinking of another priest.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #142
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
nevermind, I recant my double deep comment

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...072scuba2.html

I must be thinking of another priest.
you mean pastor. dont get the catholics mixed up with the rest of the christians. the catholics are all in all a decent bunch. the baptists/prodestants/methodists are the loud and annoying ones.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:10 PM   #143
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&J's Dad View Post
I don't believe it is an injustice. I don't want them to reach maturity and be born and waste space and resources. That is what they will do. We don't need more people, especially ones that aren't wanted.
So you are saying that the killing of a child is justified because it does not meet your personal standards for space consumption?

And if you don't meet my pesonal standards for space consumption, would that grant me the right to kill you?
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #144
K&J's Dad
Senior Member
 
K&J's Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-11-07
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 227
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
including you eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
you mean pastor. dont get the catholics mixed up with the rest of the christians. the catholics are all in all a decent bunch. the baptists/prodestants/methodists are the loud and annoying ones.
Watch it. Dave is a protestant.
K&J's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:12 PM   #145
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
you mean pastor. dont get the catholics mixed up with the rest of the christians. the catholics are all in all a decent bunch. the baptists/prodestants/methodists are the loud and annoying ones.
sorry. Pastor it is.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:12 PM   #146
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Dave, an honest question.

Do you own a diving suit?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:12 PM   #147
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&J's Dad View Post
jus·tice /ˈdʒʌstɪs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[juhs-tis] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. the quality of being just; righteousness, equitableness, or moral rightness

Now you are talking about morals and they differ by society and person beliefs.
Murder is not just, it is unjust. Our government has laws against it. That means that our government has laws on moral issues. This is old news. What is your point?
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #148
K&J's Dad
Senior Member
 
K&J's Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-11-07
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 227
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
So you are saying that the killing of a child is justified because it does not meet your personal standards for space consumption?

And if you don't meet my pesonal standards for space consumption, would that grant me the right to kill you?
I don't believe it is a child. It is a fetus. They have different names for a reason. I don't believe abortion is murder. So comparing the two does no good in your arguement.
K&J's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:14 PM   #149
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Dave, an honest question.

Do you own a diving suit?
No.

Do you have children?
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:14 PM   #150
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
No.

Do you have children?
No, aborted them all.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:14 PM   #151
K&J's Dad
Senior Member
 
K&J's Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-11-07
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 227
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Murder is not just, it is unjust. Our government has laws against it. That means that our government has laws on moral issues. This is old news. What is your point?
There are things that are unjust that aren't illegal. Apples to oranges. You always try to compare the incomparable. All your posts are the same run around. You are like a merry-go-round.
K&J's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #152
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&J's Dad View Post
I don't believe it is a child. It is a fetus. They have different names for a reason. I don't believe abortion is murder. So comparing the two does no good in your arguement.
Let me ask again, if YOU dont meet MY personal requirements for space consuption, would it be ok if I killed you? Or if your wife was prego and I beat her stomach so bad the baby died, because I didnt feel it met my personal space consuption requirements, woudl I be justified in my actions? Why or why not? According to your logic, I would.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #153
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&J's Dad View Post
There are things that are unjust that aren't illegal. Apples to oranges. You always try to compare the incomparable. All your posts are the same run around. You are like a merry-go-round.
so he is like sol goode's wife?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #154
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Dave, an honest question.

Do you own a diving suit?
if he did i bet he could use a hand getting into it.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #155
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
No, aborted them all.
I always wondered if you were a woman, thanks for the confirmation.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:16 PM   #156
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Let me ask again, if YOU dont meet MY personal requirements for space consuption, would it be ok if I killed you? Or if your wife was prego and I beat her stomach so bad the baby died, because I didnt feel it met my personal space consuption requirements, woudl I be justified in my actions? Why or why not? According to your logic, I would.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #157
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Let me ask again, if YOU dont meet MY personal requirements for space consuption, would it be ok if I killed you? Or if your wife was prego and I beat her stomach so bad the baby died, because I didnt feel it met my personal space consuption requirements, woudl I be justified in my actions? Why or why not? According to your logic, I would.
your such a fucking retard, how does you killing him or beating his wife in any way resemble abortion? abortion is when a woman chooses to kill her baby, not when someone else makes that decision for her.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #158
K&J's Dad
Senior Member
 
K&J's Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-11-07
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 227
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Let me ask again, if YOU dont meet MY personal requirements for space consuption, would it be ok if I killed you? Or if your wife was prego and I beat her stomach so bad the baby died, because I didnt feel it met my personal space consuption requirements, woudl I be justified in my actions? Why or why not? According to your logic, I would.
Not your choice. It's a mother's choice. I am not making the choice of aborting the child, only allowing her the choice to do so. Again, apples to oranges. Run-around Dave should be your screen name.
K&J's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #159
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&J's Dad View Post
Not your choice. It's a mother's choice. I am not making the choice of aborting the child, only allowing her the choice to do so. Again, apples to oranges. Reach-around Dave should be your screen name.
fixed
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #160
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,698
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&J's Dad View Post
There are things that are unjust that aren't illegal. Apples to oranges. You always try to compare the incomparable. All your posts are the same run around. You are like a merry-go-round.
No, your argument was that because justice is a moral issue, and most morality is subjective, that there cannot possibly be justice in an issue like abortion. Now you didn't say it as succinct or clear, but that is what you said. I countered saying that other laws which you agree with are also moral, yet they are not negated, nor would you want first degree murder to be legal. Therefore, you can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Yes, I agree that there are unjust things that are legal, and abortion is one of them. This does not make it right, the same way it did not make slavery right.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.38213 seconds with 80 queries