iTrade - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:31 AM   #1
FlatBlackYJ
On a Boat
 
FlatBlackYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-28-07
Location: Troy, Michigan
Posts: 794
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to FlatBlackYJ
Default iTrade

What the heck is it???
FlatBlackYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:33 AM   #2
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatBlackYJ View Post
What the heck is it???
Works the same as feedback on eBay. Low numbers and a black chevy pickup in the avatar are a pretty good indication that the seller has little experience with anything, especially CJ V8 swaps and push-starting vehicles with automatic transmissions.

Last edited by PävementPounder; December 31st, 2007 at 12:40 AM. Reason: You need to find something better to do with your worthless life.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:35 AM   #3
Smiley23
Senior Member
 
Smiley23's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: MI
Posts: 2,153
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Just as useless as Ebay too. In my opinion. Ran into enough Ebay sellers with high ratings selling shit.
Smiley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:38 AM   #4
yellowjeeperman
The N3rd
 
yellowjeeperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Location: Birch Run/Clarkston, Mi
Posts: 5,871
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley23 View Post
Just as useless as Ebay too. In my opinion. Ran into enough Ebay sellers with high ratings selling shit.
It's not about the kind of product they sell. Its about was the transaction smooth. Did they do whatever they can to help you if something didn't go right. Was it delivered at a reasonable time. People buy and sell shit. Thats life.
yellowjeeperman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 07:42 AM   #5
FlatBlackYJ
On a Boat
 
FlatBlackYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-28-07
Location: Troy, Michigan
Posts: 794
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to FlatBlackYJ
Default

thanks for the fill in. I thought maybe it was some kind of crazy buying and selling exchange program.
FlatBlackYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 10:12 AM   #6
Smiley23
Senior Member
 
Smiley23's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: MI
Posts: 2,153
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjeeperman View Post
It's not about the kind of product they sell. Its about was the transaction smooth. Did they do whatever they can to help you if something didn't go right. Was it delivered at a reasonable time. People buy and sell shit. Thats life.
I understand, I was just thinking about a bad transaction I had with an ebay seller that was selling something stated as "New" and was actually used.
Smiley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 10:15 AM   #7
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,151
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley23 View Post
I understand, I was just thinking about a bad transaction I had with an ebay seller that was selling something stated as "New" and was actually used.
The beauty of itrader, you leave that feedback to warn others in the future. Also when you submit your feedback there is a "PM" like section that only the moderators and the seller see, so any disputes can be handled with the help of board administrators before needing to go public. If it can not be handled there (which it should be, very few bad sellers around here) then you can go public with it.

Personally I think the system works pretty well and policing of ourselves is done very well around here.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 10:38 AM   #8
Smiley23
Senior Member
 
Smiley23's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: MI
Posts: 2,153
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
The beauty of itrader, you leave that feedback to warn others in the future. Also when you submit your feedback there is a "PM" like section that only the moderators and the seller see, so any disputes can be handled with the help of board administrators before needing to go public. If it can not be handled there (which it should be, very few bad sellers around here) then you can go public with it.

Personally I think the system works pretty well and policing of ourselves is done very well around here.
The problem I find with these types of feedback system is people are afraid of "retaliation". Therefore, they will not leave negative feedback but ignore the situation (not give feedback).

For me and this Ebay situation, I left negative feedback and I got a negative feedback as he retaliated. I didnt care because I was warning others. But it does look bad on my record and I did have a buyer question it.

I do understand what you are talking about Chad. This is a small community (iTrade) but you know as well as anyone else there are buyers and sellers that join this site only for pushing product and do not get involved with the community. IE. Do not post in any other forum.
Smiley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 05:59 PM   #9
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley23 View Post
there are buyers and sellers that join this site only for pushing product and do not get involved with the community. IE. Do not post in any other forum.
This point is meaningless when it comes to business. Your comment applies to a number of GL's approved and reputable vendors. If "community involvement" (not the same as feedback) is a factor in how you buy parts, you're fucking yourself out of what you need.

The amount of "community involvement" (posting in other forums) of any given seller has nothing to do with whether what they are selling will fit your vehicle, function on your vehicle, or look good on your vehicle. If you're looking to buy parts, you should look to buy parts - not friends.

You don't care if person's first posts are only in the Marketplace. You really don't. Why? Because no matter how much or how little the Sellers post anywhere else, other GL members are benefiting from the For Sale listings. You WANT people like that to come here.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 06:38 PM   #10
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,151
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

I agree and disagree with both of you.

I prefer to buy parts from people who are here to socialize more so then just peddle parts. But I agree with spro that there are times you need a part and more are available due to the peddlers.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 07:09 PM   #11
muddy maki
Its tough out there.
 
muddy maki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-06
Location: Canton MI
Posts: 2,695
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to muddy maki
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
Works the same as feedback on eBay. Low numbers and a black chevy pickup in the avatar are a pretty good indication that the seller has little experience with anything, especially CJ V8 swaps and push-starting vehicles with automatic transmissions.

wow PP i see you two are still batteling it out










my moneys on PP!
WHY? he is a dam veteran like me!
muddy maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 12:06 AM   #12
Smiley23
Senior Member
 
Smiley23's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: MI
Posts: 2,153
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy maki View Post
wow PP i see you two are still batteling it out










my moneys on PP!
WHY? he is a dam veteran like me!
Wow, did someone edit their post? Should I have expected anything more of someone so arrogant? So arrogant that people are afraid to leave him negative feedback for fear of retaliation (see his sig for more details)?
Smiley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 01:44 AM   #13
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,220
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley23 View Post
Wow, did someone edit their post? Should I have expected anything more of someone so arrogant? So arrogant that people are afraid to leave him negative feedback for fear of retaliation (see his sig for more details)?

Looking at your itrader you have never dealt with Pavement Pounder on a transaction. I cannot think of any one reason in ANY of my transactions with Spro (even from the MJ days) that would require even a hint of a negative. If he says he is going to be there he will be there, if something comes up he calls, if he cannot find your phone number he will call people he knows has dealt with the person/friend of the person to get the number to call you (I know because I have received a call or two from him needing a number) Hell if he doesn't have a part your looking for he often will take the time to locate it, buy it and sell it to you (marked up a bit for time and trouble of course sometimes) He asks fair prices and often will throw in 'extras' that he knows you need. When representing the thing he has, if he knows nothing about it he tells you so, if he has any info he gives you what he was told. Half the time he gets the stuff cheaper because he is willing to travel for it.

I bought the chassis for my flatty from him, he got it out or Marquette. I know I wasn't willing to go that far for a chassis cheap I would have spent $200 in just the fuel (as I am sure he did not to mention time), I paid more then I planned, but at the same time there was no way I was going to find the rolling chassis I needed cheaper, or accumulate the parts separately cheaper. I would sell him any of my shit cheaper then asking price just because I know he will show up for it unlike half of the other people that have made arrangements with me to pick stuff up, then don't show. I don't give a rip if he marks it up two fold, he actually follows through.

I had a buyer just like Kennedy, I also left a neutral feedback, I believe I suggested it to Spro for Kennedy. I worked with him (the guy I was dealing with) for almost a month to get him some supposedly much needed parts I had, I waited around and made no plans for 2 weekends he said he was coming only to call the Friday before and say he wasn't coming. It is aggrevating and annoying. At least I wasn't out money like Spro was by trying to meet him and taking the specific vehicle to do so.

The reason negatives are not used more is they usually get worked out, only a complete dumbass earns their negative feedback and doesn't try to make it right.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 09:01 AM   #14
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley23 View Post
Wow, did someone edit their post? Should I have expected anything more of someone so arrogant? So arrogant that people are afraid to leave him negative feedback for fear of retaliation (see his sig for more details)?
Nobody around here really cares who you think is arrogant. You're running around throwing a tantrum over someone you have no experience with - and never will. I think you demonstrate horrible logic, poor ethics, and questionable judgment. Too bad. Get over it and move on.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 10:08 AM   #15
Smiley23
Senior Member
 
Smiley23's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: MI
Posts: 2,153
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
Nobody around here really cares who you think is arrogant. You're running around throwing a tantrum over someone you have no experience with - and never will. I think you demonstrate horrible logic, poor ethics, and questionable judgment. Too bad. Get over it and move on.
And the same can be said for yourself. You dont know me but profess to.
Smiley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 10:21 AM   #16
Smiley23
Senior Member
 
Smiley23's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: MI
Posts: 2,153
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
Looking at your itrader you have never dealt with Pavement Pounder on a transaction. I cannot think of any one reason in ANY of my transactions with Spro (even from the MJ days) that would require even a hint of a negative. If he says he is going to be there he will be there, if something comes up he calls, if he cannot find your phone number he will call people he knows has dealt with the person/friend of the person to get the number to call you (I know because I have received a call or two from him needing a number) Hell if he doesn't have a part your looking for he often will take the time to locate it, buy it and sell it to you (marked up a bit for time and trouble of course sometimes) He asks fair prices and often will throw in 'extras' that he knows you need. When representing the thing he has, if he knows nothing about it he tells you so, if he has any info he gives you what he was told. Half the time he gets the stuff cheaper because he is willing to travel for it.

I bought the chassis for my flatty from him, he got it out or Marquette. I know I wasn't willing to go that far for a chassis cheap I would have spent $200 in just the fuel (as I am sure he did not to mention time), I paid more then I planned, but at the same time there was no way I was going to find the rolling chassis I needed cheaper, or accumulate the parts separately cheaper. I would sell him any of my shit cheaper then asking price just because I know he will show up for it unlike half of the other people that have made arrangements with me to pick stuff up, then don't show. I don't give a rip if he marks it up two fold, he actually follows through.

I had a buyer just like Kennedy, I also left a neutral feedback, I believe I suggested it to Spro for Kennedy. I worked with him (the guy I was dealing with) for almost a month to get him some supposedly much needed parts I had, I waited around and made no plans for 2 weekends he said he was coming only to call the Friday before and say he wasn't coming. It is aggrevating and annoying. At least I wasn't out money like Spro was by trying to meet him and taking the specific vehicle to do so.

The reason negatives are not used more is they usually get worked out, only a complete dumbass earns their negative feedback and doesn't try to make it right.
No, I have never dealt with this idiot. He started his attacks against me because I promoted "safe internet ethics" during his conflict with Kennedy. I dont plan on dealing with this idiot and do not plan on buying a Jeep.

Kennedy was a new person to this site. You cant expect him to know this idiots ethics by his iTrader feedback. Based on what I have seen of this guy, I dont blame Kennedy for not wanting to deal with him.

I have learned he is VERY childish. I guess that is why he is a junk dealer all over the internet. Not only this board. Every board that deals with Jeeps.

No I dont have a high iTrade #. I have a life. I am not a Fred Sanford junk dealer.
Smiley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 10:48 AM   #17
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,406
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley23 View Post
No, I have never dealt with this idiot. He started his attacks against me because I promoted "safe internet ethics" during his conflict with Kennedy. I dont plan on dealing with this idiot and do not plan on buying a Jeep.

Kennedy was a new person to this site. You cant expect him to know this idiots ethics by his iTrader feedback. Based on what I have seen of this guy, I dont blame Kennedy for not wanting to deal with him.

I have learned he is VERY childish. I guess that is why he is a junk dealer all over the internet. Not only this board. Every board that deals with Jeeps.

No I dont have a high iTrade #. I have a life. I am not a Fred Sanford junk dealer.
I actually think you are kind of a douche bag
Sol Goode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 10:51 AM   #18
hawkscj5
Skinny Pedal Crawler
 
hawkscj5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-13-07
Location: Lansing,/barryton mi
Posts: 2,194
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley23 View Post
No, I have never dealt with this idiot. He started his attacks against me because I promoted "safe internet ethics" during his conflict with Kennedy. I dont plan on dealing with this idiot and do not plan on buying a Jeep.

Kennedy was a new person to this site. You cant expect him to know this idiots ethics by his iTrader feedback. Based on what I have seen of this guy, I dont blame Kennedy for not wanting to deal with him.

I have learned he is VERY childish. I guess that is why he is a junk dealer all over the internet. Not only this board. Every board that deals with Jeeps.

No I dont have a high iTrade #. I have a life. I am not a Fred Sanford junk dealer.
ok time for my 2 cents......the first thing that grabbed my attention was the "junk comment" ive been turning wrenches for well over 20 years and have NEVER dealt with a more honest used part dealer. This guy will damn sure go out of his way to take of a person who buys parts from him.hell just a couple of days ago he drove out of his way to bring me a bumper he didn't even sell me.sol goode did! bottom line is if you don't like the way this site is run or don't like some peeps on the board,simply just don't log on! it's that simple.
my itrader is i think 7. does that mean i just have part of a life??? i think not!end of rant!
hawkscj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 10:58 AM   #19
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,151
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

I hate the suck spro's dick threads, but smiley, your out of line and acting like a fool.

Further what point are you arguing other then you dont like spro?

Last edited by kickstand; January 1st, 2008 at 11:19 AM.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 12:18 PM   #20
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,931
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
I hate the suck spro's dick threads, but smiley, your out of line and acting like a fool.

Further what point are you arguing other then you dont like spro?
That he also has no life and sells junk.
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.42160 seconds with 80 queries