you must see this film (government scams) - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 6th, 2007, 04:13 AM   #1
Bishop
Senior Member
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-07
Location: brighton, atlanta, MI
Posts: 3,590
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bishop
Exclamation you must see this film (government scams)

your views on everything will be changed...
make sure to watch the whole thing as there is 3 parts with different subjects that you CAN NOT LIVE with out knowing

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 06:30 AM   #2
deuce228
Redneck Poser
 
deuce228's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: West Branch, MI
Posts: 7,971
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

1st-This is a many times .
2nd-There is a politics and religion forum here for a reason. That is where this belongs.
deuce228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 06:47 AM   #3
Lothos
KD8GKB
 
Lothos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: .5 past lightspeed
Posts: 6,506
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Lothos Send a message via AIM to Lothos Send a message via Yahoo to Lothos
Default

nice so far.
Lothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 08:17 AM   #4
Jeeperz Creeperz
Senior Member
 
Jeeperz Creeperz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Wyandotte, MI
Posts: 3,119
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via AIM to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via MSN to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via Yahoo to Jeeperz Creeperz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrifrocks2005 View Post
your views on everything will be changed...
make sure to watch the whole thing as there is 3 parts with different subjects that you CAN NOT LIVE with out knowing

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
This movie gives another point of view. It doesn't mean that everything you've been taught is a lie. It has some good points and gives food for thought, but if this movie changes your whole perspective on things then you should not go out in public.

Last edited by Jeeperz Creeperz; December 6th, 2007 at 08:23 AM.
Jeeperz Creeperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 08:21 AM   #5
deuce228
Redneck Poser
 
deuce228's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: West Branch, MI
Posts: 7,971
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperz Creeperz View Post
This movie gives another point of view. It doesn't mean that everything you've been taught is a lie. It has some good points and gives food for throught, but if this movie changes your whole perspective on things then you should not go out in public.
deuce228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 08:24 AM   #6
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I believe that the part about the fed is dead on!!


and also I believe that 911 is a conspiracy just incase you didn't know

Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 08:29 AM   #7
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,987
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrifrocks2005 View Post
your views on everything will be changed...
make sure to watch the whole thing as there is 3 parts with different subjects that you CAN NOT LIVE with out knowing

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
My views were not changed.
__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #8
Bishop
Senior Member
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-07
Location: brighton, atlanta, MI
Posts: 3,590
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bishop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce228 View Post
1st-This is a many times .
2nd-There is a politics and religion forum here for a reason. That is where this belongs.
sorry it was 5 am after all it was moved and no harm done
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #9
Bishop
Senior Member
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-07
Location: brighton, atlanta, MI
Posts: 3,590
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bishop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperz Creeperz View Post
This movie gives another point of view. It doesn't mean that everything you've been taught is a lie. It has some good points and gives food for thought, but if this movie changes your whole perspective on things then you should not go out in public.
the reason it changes my views on things is because i never saw how easy it was to manipulate the public. as far a the religion goes ive always thought that somthing didnt make sence because there was soo many different choices and you were just soposed to belive what you were brought up as. and all the fed stuff it changes my views on war and how the government can easly make the public "want" to go to war really when the government is going to war for a whole nother reason
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #10
Lothos
KD8GKB
 
Lothos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: .5 past lightspeed
Posts: 6,506
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Lothos Send a message via AIM to Lothos Send a message via Yahoo to Lothos
Default

the central bank bit is a bit of a stretch. although a single world economy/government is not that far fetched from happening. The religion connections are always interesting. I liked the ages bit myself. There's always two questions I have with stuff like this:


1. If a plane really did hit the pentagon, why not release the video tape?

2. If powerful families are really working towards a single world power...what is their gain in the end as they have power already and if you centralize it en masse it will only collapse quicker. Keeping power divided retains the riches they are making coming in and keeps the public at large under control. Globalizing the world will simply defeat their plans.
Lothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 12:03 PM   #11
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,685
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

anyone having flashbacks of the discussion about the tomb of Jesus?

lol

Give this time, it will show itself false.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #12
Jeeperz Creeperz
Senior Member
 
Jeeperz Creeperz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Wyandotte, MI
Posts: 3,119
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via AIM to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via MSN to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via Yahoo to Jeeperz Creeperz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrifrocks2005 View Post
the reason it changes my views on things is because i never saw how easy it was to manipulate the public. as far a the religion goes ive always thought that somthing didnt make sence because there was soo many different choices and you were just soposed to belive what you were brought up as. and all the fed stuff it changes my views on war and how the government can easly make the public "want" to go to war really when the government is going to war for a whole nother reason
That's my point exactly. The film manipulates the viewers so they see one side of the "story". A film could be done showing the opposite views of this one, but since those are already established views it would not have the impact that this film does.

I'm not totally discounting the views in this film, but I do not take them as absolute truths. As for the religion part, most of the worlds religions are based upon a commonality.
Jeeperz Creeperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #13
Bishop
Senior Member
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-07
Location: brighton, atlanta, MI
Posts: 3,590
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bishop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperz Creeperz View Post
That's my point exactly. The film manipulates the viewers so they see one side of the "story". A film could be done showing the opposite views of this one, but since those are already established views it would not have the impact that this film does.

I'm not totally discounting the views in this film, but I do not take them as absolute truths. As for the religion part, most of the worlds religions are based upon a commonality.
alot of what was the movie was based off of was facts, not just views or beliefs on things. the religion i really dont care too much about just the government things are what get me such as the 9/11 and wwI/wwII and as lothos said "If a plane really did hit the pentagon, why not release the video tape?" its things like that i just wanted people to know, i belive to public should know what really happened, the thousands of people that died in 9/11 have family that belive they died in a terrorist attack. those people deserve the truth.
those are the facts that you can not live with out.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #14
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothos View Post
the central bank bit is a bit of a stretch. although a single world economy/government is not that far fetched from happening. The religion connections are always interesting. I liked the ages bit myself. There's always two questions I have with stuff like this:

Care to elaborate why you think that?





Good thing your not Sova because when he posted this everyone called him a complete hippy Clinton loving idiot. :tonka:

o and
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM   #15
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,444
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrifrocks2005 View Post
the reason it changes my views on things is because i never saw how easy it was to manipulate the public.
Yep, amazing isn't it. All it takes is an off beat movie on the internet tying together some selected obscure facts with some popular conspiracy theories and some people will believe anything.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 06:15 PM   #16
Jeeperz Creeperz
Senior Member
 
Jeeperz Creeperz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Wyandotte, MI
Posts: 3,119
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via AIM to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via MSN to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via Yahoo to Jeeperz Creeperz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrifrocks2005 View Post
alot of what was the movie was based off of was facts, not just views or beliefs on things. the religion i really dont care too much about just the government things are what get me such as the 9/11 and wwI/wwII and as lothos said "If a plane really did hit the pentagon, why not release the video tape?" its things like that i just wanted people to know, i belive to public should know what really happened, the thousands of people that died in 9/11 have family that belive they died in a terrorist attack. those people deserve the truth.
those are the facts that you can not live with out.
I do not know the facts of a lot of the stuff presented in the film because I am not privy to them. I only know what I hear and read.

I just don't think that you can take what is stated in this movie as absolute fact unless you were directly involved. It's one persons presentation of THEIR interpretation of the facts.

Like I said before, it does raise some good points and gives you something to think about, but just because it's presented to you doesn't make it the truth. The people deserve the truth but to accept this movie as the truth without questioning it would be an injustice and an insult to those same people.
Jeeperz Creeperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 06:16 PM   #17
Jeeperz Creeperz
Senior Member
 
Jeeperz Creeperz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Wyandotte, MI
Posts: 3,119
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via AIM to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via MSN to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via Yahoo to Jeeperz Creeperz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Yep, amazing isn't it. All it takes is an off beat movie on the internet tying together some selected obscure facts with some popular conspiracy theories and some people will believe anything.
I believe you!

:tonka:
Jeeperz Creeperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 11:14 PM   #18
Bishop
Senior Member
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-07
Location: brighton, atlanta, MI
Posts: 3,590
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bishop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperz Creeperz View Post

Like I said before, it does raise some good points and gives you something to think about, but just because it's presented to you doesn't make it the truth. The people deserve the truth but to accept this movie as the truth without questioning it would be an injustice and an insult to those same people.

thats pretty much how i see it also, i never said everything was 100% right.
and that your views on everything were going to 100% change in the other direction, i just ment that everyone should knowthe other side to the story and if you belived that everything in the movie is wrong that mabey youre the one that should not go out in public
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #19
Jeeperz Creeperz
Senior Member
 
Jeeperz Creeperz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Wyandotte, MI
Posts: 3,119
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via AIM to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via MSN to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via Yahoo to Jeeperz Creeperz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrifrocks2005 View Post
thats pretty much how i see it also, i never said everything was 100% right.
and that your views on everything were going to 100% change in the other direction, i just ment that everyone should knowthe other side to the story and if you belived that everything in the movie is wrong that mabey youre the one that should not go out in public
Actually, that's exactly what you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrifrocks2005 View Post
your views on everything will be changed...
make sure to watch the whole thing as there is 3 parts with different subjects that you CAN NOT LIVE with out knowing

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Okay, I get it... you're angry now. My first reply was not meant to offend you, it was simply poking fun at those that take this movie as gospel.

I never said what I believed or didn't believe about the movie, I simply said that you cannot take the movie as the truth, much in the same way the movies says you can't take the known, established things it tries to debunk as truth. I think the truth lies somewhere in between.
Jeeperz Creeperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 07:04 PM   #20
hogfarmer
Survivalblog.com
 
hogfarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-16-07
Location: lapeer/mi
Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Great documentary --all the info is out there. Thomas Jefferson was very opposed to a central bank system and is often quoted as such-- for the very reason of corruption and control: "Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws." Amschel Mayer Rothschild, 1773-1855
Doubt 9/11? all I say is WTC Building 7 and the Pentagon video (or lack thereof) it just can't logically be explaned (IMO)
hogfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.26332 seconds with 81 queries