Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

sold

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  78cj7 
#1 · (Edited)

I hate to do this but I have to for personal reasons, I have to sell my cj and someone is going to get one heck of a jeep for a good priceIMHO

Ok just to summarize what you are looking at here :wink:

1979 CJ7 w/ 94 Chevy 4.3 tbi th350 transw/d300 t-case twin sticked.
1978 scout axles w/ 4:10 stock gears (not aftermarket) new bearings, seals, brakes, calipers, rock crusher diff covers
Aussie lockers front and rear, warn premium hub locks, knuckles were rotated for caster when axles were set.
Heavy-duty steering linkage(Big Daddy Offroad custom cut to size), w/ j20 HD steering box (variable ratio), have more steering brace and big daddy steering box mount
Chevy flat top inner knuckles with scout outers (Bigger brakes)
Front shafts are 30 spline USA alloy shafts only 3 runs on them w/ USA alloy x-joints.
Jeep is soa using 1 1/2" yj springs on the front and re soa springs on the rear 1 1/2", 2" body lift d300 is clocked flat (Novak adapter from the th350 to the d300)
RE soa perches front and rear (7" instead of 4")
Anti wrap is a bam bar (you can search this one best option IMHO)
Rear brakes have a line lock installed new brake lines last year
Ford f250 towers and Rancho adjustable shocks in the front with Bilsteins in the rear
M/c is a 4 wheel disc 78 merc marquis m/c (bigger bore to stop the 38's and has a residual valve installed in the rear unless you want to change it to discs then pull the residual m/c is already set up
Tires are 38.5x14.5x15 tsl sx's on Bart lock bead locks 9" wide w/ 75% tread left and they have been siped
Front prerunner bar with weld thru recovery points rear is the same with a swing away tire carrier(both are bolted to the frame)
I have a set of used fiberglass fenders I could throw in if you don’t like the tubed fenders Roll cage is complete and tied in front and rear with poly bushings for body flex
Sliders are 5/16 steel all tubing is 1 3/4 Dom except for hand bars and tie ins they are 1 1/4" Dom
Seats are racing buckets fully reclining with sliders and are tied to the cage
Dash is stainless steel, all gauges work except gas (I crossed the wires and blew the resistor) install a new fuel gage and its ready to go( I have it just not installed yet)
New heater controls wiper switch, headlight switch
Body was just blasted and repainted last summer to safety orange (no need for flags
Painless tbi harness and painless aux boss fuse panel
Original wiring was changed out to and 84 harness with blade style fuses
Everything on this jeep works well and will wheel with the best of them.
It has a bikini top, toneau cover and wind breaker (cab divider thing)
Rear armor is 1/8"galvanized steel

I am asking 7000.00 OBO

See less See more
#8 ·
Sorry I dont need another truck nearly as bad as I need some cash, unless you were offering it as well :)

#11 ·
yes here are some pics of the interior, I am looking for one of theengine bay as well, nothing really fancy there just a 4.3 tbi

The steering wheel is a tilt recently proffesionally rebuilt and has all horn parts it works just needs a horn, it is a cj auto tilt column. I have a back seat with the brackets to mount it I used to mount it but took it out for tools it is a bestop seat black in color in great shape

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments guys, now will somebody buy it before I change my mind :poke:

This would be a great christmas present for yourself or someone you love.

#16 ·
Well I have to say the thought is tempting trail Junkie, but here is the thing I am sure you have an idea of what you would like to spend so if you want pm it to me and dont worry I wont take offense if it is low :miff:. On the other hand if you dont have an idea what you think yours is worth and want me to put a price on it I would need some more pics maybe some specs and what else it has done to it. Looks like a yj family cage maybe, any more cage or is that it. What gears are in the axles, stick or auto, tilt or standard column things that work or don't, lift size (i think I see lift shackle there), etc.:poke::naughty:

#17 ·
4.56 gears, stick, small spring lift and shackles, small body lift with glass body, fam style bar with ft hoop tied in in 4 places, standered colomn, temp and 4"tack are the only gages that work. 35-10.50 boggers rear 34-9.50 tsls ft custom home built bumpers ft and rear. 258 with headers, HEI ignition, FI, and I believe some internal goodies( never had it apart) motor has ~4000miles . I know I am forgetting something.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.