Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 12th, 2007, 01:46 PM   #21
MozMan68
Poseur Extraordinaire
 
MozMan68's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-11-06
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 4,329
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxbigtruckin View Post
The same price?!

Liberty Sport 4x4 $22,600, Limited $26,800

Wrangler 2 door X $19,320, Sahara $24,775, Rubicon $27,880

Now a Wrangler 4 door might get close to a Commander's $32k price tag:

X - $24,910, Sahara $28,150, Rubicon $30,890

I guess they don't have Hemi's but I would never care to have a Hemi in a top heavy SUV anyway, a Hemi in a challenger or a charger, now we're talking.
Yep...sorry...was thinking of the Wrangler, Grand...hell, no matter how you look at it, a Commander is a bargain at $32k in my book!
MozMan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #22
mtxbigtruckin
Wheelin' Since Birth
 
mtxbigtruckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-10-06
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 707
iTrader: (4)
I'll give you that.
mtxbigtruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 05:05 PM   #23
DetR6oit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-16-05
Location: Detroit
Posts: 654
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1044 View Post
Make sure you drive the thing at highway speeds with one back window rolled down and all the others rolled up

Helicopter effect anyone:tonka:
Almost all SUVs do that. Not that long ago I heard a story about a woman complaining about her Mercedes M class doing it and she got pissed off when told that it was normal.

Just as good is that a lot of cars with moonroof windows have a diffuser that pops up in the front of the opening when the window slides open. If you pull it down when driving 30mph plus it can do it really bad depending on the car. If you are riding in somebody elses car its kinda funny to do it and mess with them since they wonder what the hell it is.
DetR6oit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 05:14 PM   #24
chris1044
Senior Member
 
chris1044's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lost in the mitten!
Posts: 1,997
iTrader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetR6oit View Post
Almost all SUVs do that. Not that long ago I heard a story about a woman complaining about her Mercedes M class doing it and she got pissed off when told that it was normal.

Just as good is that a lot of cars with moonroof windows have a diffuser that pops up in the front of the opening when the window slides open. If you pull it down when driving 30mph plus it can do it really bad depending on the car. If you are riding in somebody elses car its kinda funny to do it and mess with them since they wonder what the hell it is.
While I realize that almost all SUV's do that, I haven't ever heard one as loud as what the KK/KA does.....

Edit: And on the same note, you would think that chrysler would have tested and maybe tried to fix it...they do have a wind tunnel, which from what I was told was used roughly 75% for NVH work.....
chris1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 07:54 PM   #25
scottie
American Leyland??
 
scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sweet home Georgia on my mind
Posts: 8,481
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to scottie
Tell the New Chrysler to keep the Liberty and get an H3 or an FJCruiser
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #26
Smiley23
Senior Member
 
Smiley23's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: MI
Posts: 2,153
iTrader: (3)
Girly Jeep / Girly man's jeep. Most new Chevys are available as Hybrids :).
Smiley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 08:37 PM   #27
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,107
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1044 View Post
While I realize that almost all SUV's do that, I haven't ever heard one as loud as what the KK/KA does.....

Edit: And on the same note, you would think that chrysler would have tested and maybe tried to fix it...they do have a wind tunnel, which from what I was told was used roughly 75% for NVH work.....
my '07 Silverado is HORRIBLE for the helicopter effect.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #28
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,929
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxbigtruckin View Post
I drove the 3.7L and the sales guy even admitted that the thing sucked shifting from 1st to 2nd.

It had the Quadra-Trac I - No Low range - Gay!
We took a 3.7 Commander out to Colorado towing our 1000lb trailer, not even full of stuff, and it sucked. It reved at 3000 constantly through Nebraska. Good thing it wasnt ours.
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 11:42 PM   #29
sQUEAK003
Irish R&B Singer
 
sQUEAK003's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: Monroe (work in Ann Arbor)
Posts: 4,777
iTrader: (17)
thanks for all of the comments......got one good about the liberty like i asked and the rest were about the comander......what do u guys think of the mid size fords and chevys
__________________
'05 Black Dodge Magnum (stock)

http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/136041.png

CLICK HERE TO GET RID OF ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK_4xCustoms View Post
cunt punt, it's like a reset switch for women.
sQUEAK003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #30
scottie
American Leyland??
 
scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sweet home Georgia on my mind
Posts: 8,481
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to scottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sQUEAK003 View Post
thanks for all of the comments......got one good about the liberty like i asked and the rest were about the comander......what do u guys think of the mid size fords and chevys
an Escape, or a Equinox?


or are you comparing it to a Explorer and T-blazer.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2007, 01:10 AM   #31
sQUEAK003
Irish R&B Singer
 
sQUEAK003's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: Monroe (work in Ann Arbor)
Posts: 4,777
iTrader: (17)
all he said was mid size
__________________
'05 Black Dodge Magnum (stock)

http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/136041.png

CLICK HERE TO GET RID OF ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK_4xCustoms View Post
cunt punt, it's like a reset switch for women.
sQUEAK003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #32
uberhahn
Member
 
Join Date: 06-20-07
Location: Linden, MI
Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)
We had an early pilot vehicle where I work last week. The version we got was a 6speed CRD (Common Rail Diesel). Not sure if this will be available in US though. Electronic transfercase 4lo, 4hi, 2hi. Seemed ok. Didn't get to drive it though.
uberhahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #33
chris1044
Senior Member
 
chris1044's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lost in the mitten!
Posts: 1,997
iTrader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberhahn View Post
We had an early pilot vehicle where I work last week. The version we got was a 6speed CRD (Common Rail Diesel). Not sure if this will be available in US though. Electronic transfercase 4lo, 4hi, 2hi. Seemed ok. Didn't get to drive it though.
did it have marker lights on the sides below the rear view mirrors?? If so it's a euro spec vehicle...
chris1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.16569 seconds with 36 queries