|December 3rd, 2007, 09:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: .5 past lightspeed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone seen this email?
Not sure if its true or not as snopes has nothing and I haven't dug at the news yet.
-According to the Detroit News.
With the latest tax hikes to balance the budget here is some
1. Gov Granholm is the 3rd highest paid Gov in the country at
$177,000 in salary. This does not count her $60,000 expense account. Only the Gov of New York and Calif make more than her!
2. Gov Granholm's husband has 3 assistants paid by the sate. The
highest paid assistant makes $117,000 a year.
3. Our state Congressmen and Senators are the 2nd highest paid at
$79,650 in salary. This does not count their $20,000 expense account. Only California legislatures make more.
4. Our teachers are the 3rd highest paid teachers in the country
5. Our cigarette tax is the 4th highest in the country
6. Our Corporate Income Tax rate is the 7th highest.
And it isn't the amount of money they earn, it's the amount of money
they earn in spite of their performance. Michigan is 50th in personal
income growth, 50th in employment, and 50th in employment growth. In fact, the only thing Michigan is number one in is the number of unemployed workers.
Funny how we don't have enough money to pay our bills and the only
answer is for us to pay more in taxes, when our public servants are getting fat on our sweat!
By the way, our legislatures have taken an 18 day hunting vacation
even though only 9 of them have hunting licenses..
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|