Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > General Tech
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 12th, 2006, 02:31 PM   #1
Pre4runner
Bike Dude
 
Pre4runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Kawkawlin, mi
Posts: 2,099
iTrader: (14)
Send a message via AIM to Pre4runner
I need help

I need help my dd is dead in the water

Ok weird thing just happenned. I accidently left the running lights on while i was listening to the radio in the driveway working on the yota... needless to say the battery died. So i threw the charger on and went back to working.

Went to start the jeep with the charger still attached and it started but it acted funny like i fried something so i shut it off and disconnected the charger.

Now when i try and start it i get nothing other then it turning over... give it a little gas and it fires up and as long as im giving it gas it will run. Soon as i stop though it just dies.

I checked all the fuses and other then that im really stumped as to why it isn't working. was running perfectly fine this morning.

PLease help i need ideas
Pre4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 02:33 PM   #2
nixxerRsixxer
Homewrecker
 
nixxerRsixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: humanresources
Posts: 3,280
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via ICQ to nixxerRsixxer Send a message via AIM to nixxerRsixxer Send a message via Yahoo to nixxerRsixxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre4runner
I need help my dd is dead in the water

Ok weird thing just happenned. I accidently left the running lights on while i was listening to the radio in the driveway working on the yota... needless to say the battery died. So i threw the charger on and went back to working.

Went to start the jeep with the charger still attached and it started but it acted funny like i fried something so i shut it off and disconnected the charger.

Now when i try and start it i get nothing other then it turning over... give it a little gas and it fires up and as long as im giving it gas it will run. Soon as i stop though it just dies.

I checked all the fuses and other then that im really stumped as to why it isn't working. was running perfectly fine this morning.

PLease help i need ideas
dead cell in the battery perhaps.. might have killed it..
__________________
He had a steady job and watched what he spent.
He'd say I don't believe in payin' no goddamn rent.
I'll squirrel away every goddamn cent
and buy my own damn house in Kalamazoo.
nixxerRsixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #3
JeepGenocide
Senior Member
 
JeepGenocide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-09-06
Location: Madison Hts, Mi 48071
Posts: 555
iTrader: (29)
battery

i agree with you i think you fried the battery.
JeepGenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #4
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,982
iTrader: (16)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
x3.
__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #5
Pre4runner
Bike Dude
 
Pre4runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Kawkawlin, mi
Posts: 2,099
iTrader: (14)
Send a message via AIM to Pre4runner
that might make sence.... i went to put the charger back on it and it shows that it is dead. I'll try another battery
Pre4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #6
Stone
Ultimate Mall Wheeler
 
Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Bay City, Rochester
Posts: 838
iTrader: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Stone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre4runner
that might make sence.... i went to put the charger back on it and it shows that it is dead. I'll try another battery
Why didn't you call me if you were wrenching I would have given you a hand. I've been sitting here bored all day finaly went out and started working on that cj shit got the hood stuff mocked up on the tub. You wouldnt happen to have a toe dolly and finishing hammer would you?
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 07:40 PM   #7
Pre4runner
Bike Dude
 
Pre4runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Kawkawlin, mi
Posts: 2,099
iTrader: (14)
Send a message via AIM to Pre4runner
Well it ended up being the battery, why it did what it did with no previous warnings or signs i have no idea

thanks for the help
Pre4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 09:19 PM   #8
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,969
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Sounds like you had an easy fix!
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 09:22 PM   #9
nixxerRsixxer
Homewrecker
 
nixxerRsixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: humanresources
Posts: 3,280
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via ICQ to nixxerRsixxer Send a message via AIM to nixxerRsixxer Send a message via Yahoo to nixxerRsixxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre4runner
Well it ended up being the battery, why it did what it did with no previous warnings or signs i have no idea

thanks for the help
because previously you didnt kill the battery and then let it sit on a charge boiling it and then try to start it while it was still attached ..
__________________
He had a steady job and watched what he spent.
He'd say I don't believe in payin' no goddamn rent.
I'll squirrel away every goddamn cent
and buy my own damn house in Kalamazoo.
nixxerRsixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > General Tech
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.11868 seconds with 28 queries