Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 10th, 2007, 08:15 AM   #41
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

porn is into beastiality, so it is not that uncommon
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 08:29 AM   #42
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 25,199
iTrader: (45)
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Default

I don't believe in god what so ever, but I do believe in Jesus Christ.......as a very smart man......
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 09:41 AM   #43
Motor Slut
I put the Ick in Dick.
 
Motor Slut's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: 49963
Posts: 2,411
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
Not true. God did not change his rules for nor actions toward man. Man misinterpretted God's message or acted in defiance of God in some cases and so He sent Jesus to help us understand His love for us.
Yep you are clearly a bible school taught religious nut.

God changed everything towards man with Jesus Christ. Before Jesus God was vengeful against man for his sins. Jesus is known as the Lamb of God for this very reason as he replaced a very ancient sacrifice for God.Before Jesus a sacrifice was made to God to forgive for our sins. This sacrifice came in the way of killing a Lamb. In the bible it says that Jesus dying for our sins is only a grace from the wrath of god and not a new law of God.

If you read into the Old Testament God created genocide. He was the first to wipe out an entire people for their actions against him.

If you believe in the bible then you must believe that there will be a 2nd coming of Jesus. What you may not have read into and understood is that the second coming will be after a great amount of sin has angered God once again and he will become vengeful against the sinners. It is possible that he will or is cleansing the world of sinners as we speak.
Motor Slut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 09:51 AM   #44
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,352
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Slut View Post
Yep you are clearly a bible school taught religious nut.

God changed everything towards man with Jesus Christ. Before Jesus God was vengeful against man for his sins. Jesus is known as the Lamb of God for this very reason as he replaced a very ancient sacrifice for God.Before Jesus a sacrifice was made to God to forgive for our sins. This sacrifice came in the way of killing a Lamb. In the bible it says that Jesus dying for our sins is only a grace from the wrath of god and not a new law of God.

If you read into the Old Testament God created genocide. He was the first to wipe out an entire people for their actions against him.

If you believe in the bible then you must believe that there will be a 2nd coming of Jesus. What you may not have read into and understood is that the second coming will be after a great amount of sin has angered God once again and he will become vengeful against the sinners. It is possible that he will or is cleansing the world of sinners as we speak.
Sacrifice of animals by the Jews did NOT forgive them of their sins. You should look that up. It was an offering to God, but they were still separated from God by their sin.

The second-coming of Christ will NOT be out of God's vengance either. Where did you get this again? It contradicts all Christian teachings.

Anybody else reading this, if you feel there may be any truth to what Motor Slut is saying, please print it off and go discuss with your minister. He will be able to point you in the right direction.

Motor Slut, your view of Christianity is certainly not correct though; and no doubt your lack of faith has resulted. If I had heard the message you are typing I would be questioning it as well. It is way off target. If you have any remaining will to love God, I would recommend you go to your local Church and discuss some of these topics with the minister.

Peace.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 10:47 AM   #45
Motor Slut
I put the Ick in Dick.
 
Motor Slut's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: 49963
Posts: 2,411
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
Sacrifice of animals by the Jews did NOT forgive them of their sins. You should look that up. It was an offering to God, but they were still separated from God by their sin.

The second-coming of Christ will NOT be out of God's vengance either. Where did you get this again? It contradicts all Christian teachings.

Anybody else reading this, if you feel there may be any truth to what Motor Slut is saying, please print it off and go discuss with your minister. He will be able to point you in the right direction.

Motor Slut, your view of Christianity is certainly not correct though; and no doubt your lack of faith has resulted. If I had heard the message you are typing I would be questioning it as well. It is way off target. If you have any remaining will to love God, I would recommend you go to your local Church and discuss some of these topics with the minister.

Peace.
The church itself is living in sin. I will not allow the Church to guide me only God and the teachings of Jesus Christ his only begotten son.

I think you should go to a different Church and see how they view the teachings of jesus and when you are done go to another Church and see their views. When you have done that stop and compare the views and teachings of the church and ask yourself how 3 different Churches, all claiming to be Christian, have 3 different views of Christianity?

I have attended these churches:
Catholic
Baptist
Lutheran
Methodist
and even a Jewish Synagogue
Motor Slut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 12:52 PM   #46
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,352
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Slut View Post
The church itself is living in sin. I will not allow the Church to guide me only God and the teachings of Jesus Christ his only begotten son.

I think you should go to a different Church and see how they view the teachings of jesus and when you are done go to another Church and see their views. When you have done that stop and compare the views and teachings of the church and ask yourself how 3 different Churches, all claiming to be Christian, have 3 different views of Christianity?

I have attended these churches:
Catholic
Baptist
Lutheran
Methodist
and even a Jewish Synagogue
And yet you missed the point that all of God and Jesus's message revolves around love, not vengence???

I have attended Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian and UCC and listen frequently to "turning point" on the radio and they all share the message of God's Grace, not God's hate.

Is "the church" living in sin? Possibly. I would argue that every person on earth has sin in their lives and that sin that separates us from God is why we need the Grace and forgiveness provided by the blood of Christ.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 01:00 PM   #47
Naypalm[]Maker
steveo's alt...
 
Naypalm[]Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-15-07
Location: Davison
Posts: 822
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

My sister loves jesus. And jesus gave my sister cancer. She still loves jesus tho.
Naypalm[]Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 04:55 PM   #48
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,352
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naypalm[]Maker View Post
My sister loves jesus. And jesus gave my sister cancer. She still loves jesus tho.
Jesus gave her cancer or gave her the strength to deal with cancer?????
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #49
Slayer63
Upstanding Member
 
Slayer63's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-29-06
Location: The Nasty
Posts: 1,709
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

were all gonna rot so who gives a shit?
Slayer63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2007, 01:27 AM   #50
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,352
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer63 View Post
were all gonna rot so who gives a shit?
I hope that while your body is rotting your soul is flourishing in Heaven. To be technical, your body is decomposing as I write this.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 05:26 PM   #51
doomsick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

there is no god
doomsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 05:47 PM   #52
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,929
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsick View Post
there is no god
Good post, added to the discussion.
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #53
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjkid View Post
Good post, added to the discussion.
almost a much as mine and yours just did.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #54
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,929
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

And yours.
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #55
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjkid View Post
And yours.
errr you fail dicknose, i said that in my post. pray for retrobution.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #56
two_much_talk
sit down shut up and ...
 
two_much_talk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-13-06
Location: MI
Posts: 5,654
iTrader: (32)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
Is "the church" living in sin? Possibly. I would argue that every person on earth has sin in their lives and that sin that separates us from God is why we need the Grace and forgiveness provided by the blood of Christ.
remember life is like a journey/walk down a path. it has a beginning and an end. and you have to work to get to the end - through the highs and lows. the journey, as your life, is your growth mentally & spiritually to understand His teachings as you work toward becoming Christ like. you aren't very Christ like in the beginning. arguably you never really will be.

we all fall short of the grace of GOD. but we are given the free will to make the choice to work towards being Christ like or not. and if we accept what Christ has to offer we may get into heaven. it has always been our choice to do right or wrong. without free will there would be no sincerity. and with free will there will be wrong doing.

sincerity is crucial. you know -> you can make a willing man able but not an able man willing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
Jesus gave her cancer or gave her the strength to deal with cancer?????
x2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjkid View Post
Good post, added to the discussion.
I liked the laugh it gave me in the middle of a heated discussion.
two_much_talk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 06:37 PM   #57
two_much_talk
sit down shut up and ...
 
two_much_talk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-13-06
Location: MI
Posts: 5,654
iTrader: (32)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Slut View Post
When you have done that stop and compare the views and teachings of the church and ask yourself how 3 different Churches, all claiming to be Christian, have 3 different views of Christianity?
I attribute this to human's interpreting Gods will. It's like a 6th grader trying to build a 4 link. he/she just won't be able to take into consideration all the contributing factors to making it work well. all things constant, it would take years of trial and error.
two_much_talk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #58
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Man, that's messed up. The first post. I'm sorry you think that. Alot of people get hung up Death, doom, and destruction and blame it on God. Those are the reasons we need God more and more. What you have fallen into is a Lie. LIke many have said, you need to consult with a pastor, Minister, or someone that has STUDIED the bible.

The reason bad things happen is because of the decisions people make to not follow what God has set before them. He doesn't force us to do anything, it's our life, he just knows what roads will take us were and what will further his Kingdom. I tend to listen to the Creator of the universe.

You can not believe in him and that's fine. If he's real (which he is) you'll have to answer to him. We can't sway anybody, it's only Him (God) that can do that. The problem with alot of people is they try and think Rationally about God's Plans and Characteristics. I'm not saying thinking rationally hasn't brought me to believe in him (it has), but when it comes to his plans, thoughts, and actions, our simple understanding cannot comprehend what he is doing Sometimes. In those cases I trust he knows best. Some people have problems with that thinking and You are the people we pray for.

BTW, very sweet forum.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 09:09 PM   #59
lgottler
Senior Member
 
lgottler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-30-06
Location: New Baltimore, MI
Posts: 1,292
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

My wife is a devout catholic. Church EVERY sunday regardless if we are on vacation or not. She is in choir every sunday. Gives money to the church, donates time teaching catechism every week, prayer, says rosary in car, goes to special masses, leads a "good catholic" life etc....

I am not religious. I honestly don't know, nor care about god in any form or way. I don't have a view, I simply do not think about it at all. Whats comes after this life, I have no clue nor do I spend the time to think about it.

BUT!: I will not interfere with others beliefs. I back my wife 100% in any decision she makes and anything she wants to do and anything she wants to believe. I cannot stand anyone who preaches or says to believe in this or that. My aunt preaches and crap, I do not spend any time around her. My uncle has his own church, haven't talked to him in years.

What is Religion in general to me? A way for some people to cope with their life. It is a set of morals that learned and followed lead to a decent person. And that is why I have no problem with my wife raising our daughter in her church. The morals. I don't care or believe anything about Jesus or Mary, its all stories and made up crap, but the messages are always good.

But you saying we are doomed....I think your right, in a different way. Our meddling with diseases and all the "new" cures etc... it just screws us up, makes virus' stronger etc... the weak people live too long and don't die at 10yold, they live and have kids just as weak. So, the strong will survive in the end, the weak will die out eventually from something else out there. Sitting in a chair typing is bad, I should be chopping wood outside or hunting for dinner! I'm one of those people that wouldn't mind a kick in the pants that a global catastrophe would give!

my .02
lgottler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 09:33 PM   #60
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,683
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

lgotter, do you really suppose that putting on blinders is a good decision about matters of faith? wouldn't it be a wiser choice to have a reason why you don't believe instead of just ignoring it it altogether?
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.28070 seconds with 50 queries