ebay reaching an all time low? Cancelling auctions because of "stolen accounts" - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 31st, 2007, 12:37 PM   #1
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default ebay reaching an all time low? Cancelling auctions because of "stolen accounts"

I just received this email:


Account Security Notice: eBay Listing(s) Removed



Dear ******** (******@************.com),

The results of the following listing(s) have been cancelled due to bidding activity that took place without the account owner's authorization:


118456532506 Guardian Standby Generator 150KW Aluminum Guardian qt0150



We have cancelled the listing(s) to maintain the integrity of the eBay site, your account, and the bidder?s account that was accessed. We are working to restore the bidding account to its rightful owner, and we are working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity. Since the account owner did not initiate these bids, all fees resulting from the listings in question will be credited to your account within 7 days. If you do not see the credits posted to your account after 7 days, please feel free to contact us through ?Contact Us? in our Help section.

Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to automatically relist these items for you. Instead, to relist these items you will need to start from the beginning of the listing process, either through the "Sell Your Item" process or through your third party listing service. We know that this is an inconvenience and we apologize for the negative impact it may cause you. We are working on tools to allow you to relist your items without starting from the beginning, but they are not available at this time.

Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received. If there are issues that have not been addressed by this message, you can contact us by clicking the "Help" link located at the top of most eBay pages and selecting "Contact Us" from the menu on the left hand side of the page.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety
__________________________________________________ ___________




So let me get this right. The high bidder bails 14 minutes prior to the auctions end, and ebay pulls the auction?

I called my powerseller lady, and she said that the high bidder claimed his account was stolen, and therfor it compromised the complete auction.

What I don't understand is, who would STEAL the persons account then PURCHASE something? wtf.

This auction was at $23,000.00 when it happened. I think he got cold feet.
what a fag

Last edited by clarkstoncracker; October 31st, 2007 at 12:44 PM.
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 31st, 2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Flexin' XJ
Senior Member
 
Flexin' XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-04-07
Location: Holt, MI
Posts: 4,459
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Sucky
Flexin' XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 12:49 PM   #3
molds02
Pwned
 
molds02's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-25-07
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 230
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I just received this email:


Account Security Notice: eBay Listing(s) Removed



Dear ******** (******@************.com),

The results of the following listing(s) have been cancelled due to bidding activity that took place without the account owner's authorization:


118456532506 Guardian Standby Generator 150KW Aluminum Guardian qt0150



We have cancelled the listing(s) to maintain the integrity of the eBay site, your account, and the bidder?s account that was accessed. We are working to restore the bidding account to its rightful owner, and we are working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity. Since the account owner did not initiate these bids, all fees resulting from the listings in question will be credited to your account within 7 days. If you do not see the credits posted to your account after 7 days, please feel free to contact us through ?Contact Us? in our Help section.

Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to automatically relist these items for you. Instead, to relist these items you will need to start from the beginning of the listing process, either through the "Sell Your Item" process or through your third party listing service. We know that this is an inconvenience and we apologize for the negative impact it may cause you. We are working on tools to allow you to relist your items without starting from the beginning, but they are not available at this time.

Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received. If there are issues that have not been addressed by this message, you can contact us by clicking the "Help" link located at the top of most eBay pages and selecting "Contact Us" from the menu on the left hand side of the page.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety
__________________________________________________ ___________




So let me get this right. The high bidder bails 14 minutes prior to the auctions end, and ebay pulls the auction?

I called my powerseller lady, and she said that the high bidder claimed his account was stolen, and therfor it compromised the complete auction.

What I don't understand is, who would STEAL the persons account then PURCHASE something? wtf.

This auction was at $23,000.00 when it happened. I think he got cold feet.
what a fag



Yea they are getting out of hand. My last job all I did for the company was sell on ebay and it bad enough with the fees and then the paypal hit etc. It can be a great resource but its hard to make money with that crazy fees and then dealing with half the jackasses out there.
molds02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 12:55 PM   #4
mtxbigtruckin
Wheelin' Since Birth
 
mtxbigtruckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-10-06
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 707
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Just happened to a friend's Palm listing, winner was a stolen account then said they would send the money once there was a tracking number for the item to be sent. They aren't stealing to pay, they're stealing to try and get you to send it and then wait for payment. Or they will send a bad check, they're just using someone elses identity to hide.
mtxbigtruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 12:56 PM   #5
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxbigtruckin View Post
Just happened to a friend's Palm listing, winner was a stolen account then said they would send the money once there was a tracking number for the item to be sent. They aren't stealing to pay, they're stealing to try and get you to send it and then wait for payment. Or they will send a bad check, they're just using someone elses identity to hide.
I never thought about that. I hope this doesn't become a huge issue. But to save the idiots some time, I would NEVER ship out an item without a cleared check, or other payment before I ship.

never
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 12:59 PM   #6
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...
 
1x1_Speed_Craig's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,545
iTrader: (122)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molds02 View Post
It can be a great resource but its hard to make money with that crazy fees and then dealing with half the jackasses out there.
But for small (physically) items, you can ship them. Therefore, you typically make a lot more money dealing with those jackasses (from areas of the country with a better economy) than broke Michigan jackasses.

Craig
1x1_Speed_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 01:01 PM   #7
scramblerman72
Moonlight stomper
 
scramblerman72's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 5,944
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scramblerman72 Send a message via MSN to scramblerman72 Send a message via Yahoo to scramblerman72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxbigtruckin View Post
Just happened to a friend's Palm listing, winner was a stolen account then said they would send the money once there was a tracking number for the item to be sent. They aren't stealing to pay, they're stealing to try and get you to send it and then wait for payment. Or they will send a bad check, they're just using someone elses identity to hide.

If some one falls for that one then they are dumb as a box of rocks:miff:

Nothing leaves my house untill said monies are in my bank account
scramblerman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 02:26 PM   #8
skife
Senior Member
 
skife's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-07
Location: cedar springs mi
Posts: 5,133
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to skife Send a message via MSN to skife
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramblerman72 View Post
If some one falls for that one then they are dumb as a box of rocks:miff:

Nothing leaves my house untill said monies are in my bank account
x2, nothing leaves my house until the money is in my paypal.
skife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 03:16 PM   #9
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,529
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I never thought about that. I hope this doesn't become a huge issue. But to save the idiots some time, I would NEVER ship out an item without a cleared check, or other payment before I ship.

never
What if it was a church? :tonka:
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 03:18 PM   #10
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
What if it was a church? :tonka:
Then I would tack on an extra
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2007, 09:23 AM   #11
mtxbigtruckin
Wheelin' Since Birth
 
mtxbigtruckin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-10-06
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 707
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramblerman72 View Post
If some one falls for that one then they are dumb as a box of rocks:miff:

Nothing leaves my house untill said monies are in my bank account
And yet, someone always does, and I feel no sympathy for them.
mtxbigtruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.22184 seconds with 53 queries