Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

need opinions. legal issues for doing my poker run.

12K views 154 replies 43 participants last post by  joe_jeep 
#1 ·
so i was pm,d about the poker run we are doing yesterday buy the national forest park ranger. i just got off the phone with him. he wants me to get a permit and pay 75.00 dollars,also i must have liability insurance for the ride. the law states ( this is out of his mouth ) that 75 or more people in a gathering must have a permit for any event. i told him this is not an organized event that it is a trail ride. he told me it is an event...so if i dont do these things anyone in the area will be issued a ticket. they will be there looking for any thing they do not like and will be giving tickets out.. my right to drive my vehicle that is street legal through a trail i guess does not matter. should i still do this event and apply for all this? or should i just cancel it and not put myself into a situation for further problums. he basicly made it very clear he is trying to make it imposible for me to do this trail ride..... please keep the bullshit out of this thread. this is a serious matter this is affecting all of our rights 2 drive a 2 track.

#152 · (Edited)
and through all of this what about the owner of the bar that was going to put all his eggs on the table for this...a accident happen then we have a signed paper that holds his insurance liable....all you guys telling me this could still happend...yes it was possible......but not at all a smart thing to do...think about this.....
just remember we live in a sociaty that will sue if all possible. i have seen this first hand..having a mx track on my property..i have also seen friends sue other friends...

#155 ·
ive talked to a couple guys from msg at the last doa(i think one was ironman)
and they were talking about how they werent sure if they would even get the permit till the last minute. and that it took quite a while?? mabey drummond is different?? perhaps its easier down here, i dont know.
i cant see it being really quick and easy unless it involves raising taxes!
i was under the impression it took along time and there were no guarantees it was gona be approved. ill bet ironman chimes in on this. any sofo guys wanna comment on how hard it was to get a permit for snofari(i have no clue, coulda been easy for threm)?? any clubs done a run with a permit and how hard was it to get?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.