Anyone pro war? *HELP* - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:07 PM   #21
Smiley23
Senior Member
 
Smiley23's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: MI
Posts: 2,153
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Remember - 9/11 was NOT the first attack.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...333835,00.html
Smiley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:10 PM   #22
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,784
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

i don't think 9/11 should be used to justify the war in Iraq. the people who supposedly planned and executed 9/11 were Al Quaeda Saudi Arabians, Saddam Hussein was a terrible dictator, but not a member of Al Quaeda nor a Saudi Arabian. Muslim, yes, everything else, no.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:13 PM   #23
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Muslim, yes, everything else, no.
If he was a muslim then dennis rodman is a christian :tonka:
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #24
Rattler
Home Sweet Homicide
 
Rattler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-17-06
Location: Bei City
Posts: 3,649
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfin88 View Post
I am not pro-war. I do not like war but I dislike the alternative even more. If we were to give in, "roll over", surrender to the bullies and thugs such as the islamic terrorists. what freedoms would we have? We would be no better off that the Afgans whom we freed from the Taliban , or the Iraqis whom we freed from a merciless mudering dictator.
The libbys think that if we just pack our shit and come back to the USA that the radicals will not bother us anymore. I sure hope they don't believe it though. Radical Islam wants the West and all its ways GONE. OBL has them all convinced that we have desecrated their holy land.

Praise Allah and pass the AK47s.

Might be a little far-fetched but not much IMO.

http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/

I am reading Lone Survivor right now. I always knew Navy SEALS were tough but this book goes into detail the training they go through. Then the guy goes on to tell you how they can spot Akbar holding an AK riding his camel loaded down with explosives heading to supply the insurgents but they really can't do much because of the wonderful Rules Of Engagement the politcally correct had to have. Excellent read by the way. Its not really a political read. Its more about this guy's firefight in Afghanistan and how he survived. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up a movie.
Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #25
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
I am reading Lone Survivor right now. I always knew Navy SEALS were tough but this book goes into detail the training they go through. Then the guy goes on to tell you how they can spot Akbar holding an AK riding his camel loaded down with explosives heading to supply the insurgents but they really can't do much because of the wonderful Rules Of Engagement the politcally correct had to have. Excellent read by the way. Its not really a political read. Its more about this guy's firefight in Afghanistan and how he survived. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up a movie.
What? Rules of engagement? No kidding, lets just prolong the war and make the bankers rich. Look how long Vietnam lasted due to these rules . . . please don't tell me that "Rambo" and his buddies (metaphorical but in reference to many that are on this site) couldn't have brought down the Cong? We are gently caress Americans!!
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:19 AM   #26
matt3liv
Senior Member
 
matt3liv's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-06
Location: Fenton
Posts: 385
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Not my official position, but this could serve as ammo for the paper....

The continuation of the war is critical to future US military strategy. We need to build at least one, if not more, major US military installations in Iraq. We need to keep Iran and Syria in check. We need to occupy Iraq in a major way until such bases are built and fully operational.
matt3liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:38 AM   #27
Rattler
Home Sweet Homicide
 
Rattler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-17-06
Location: Bei City
Posts: 3,649
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt3liv View Post
Not my official position, but this could serve as ammo for the paper....

The continuation of the war is critical to future US military strategy. We need to build at least one, if not more, major US military installations in Iraq. We need to keep Iran and Syria in check. We need to occupy Iraq in a major way until such bases are built and fully operational.
I see nothing wrong with this. We still have bases in Germany.
Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 09:55 AM   #28
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,449
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Go google "KURDS - MUSTARD GAS" 300,000 dead due to saddam.

Don't mention the 200,000 iraq residents that were executed for their religious believes.

How about 500,000 more iraq residents killed while fighting with Iran?

How about the 60,000 shiite's that were executed during the uprising in the 90's?

How about Saddam denying the UN access to their weapons cache.

How about Saddam harboring terrorists?

How about Saddam causing instability in the whole middle east?

Fun Fact I heard on WJR yesterday. If you took the 25 years or so saddam was in office, and divided it by the number of civilians slaughtered, he had an average daily kill rate of 124 per day


Did we have to go to this war? No... It should have been finished the first time we were there.

Did we need to get rid of saddam? Yes. And that has been accomplished.

Has terrorism haulted towards the US since the invasion? YES. Up until the Iraq invasion, we were dealing with terrorism on a monthly basis. The al-qaeda crew is totally worthless now, and their just a bunch of talk.

And don't forget that the war on terror IS working..



I do not believe we would be in Iraq right now if saddam would have came clean and let us/un weapons inspectors in. Its that simple. He was playing the "bluff" card... And we all know how that turned out for him in the end.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 01:24 PM   #29
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Go google "KURDS - MUSTARD GAS" 300,000 dead due to saddam.

Don't mention the 200,000 iraq residents that were executed for their religious believes.

How about 500,000 more iraq residents killed while fighting with Iran?

How about the 60,000 shiite's that were executed during the uprising in the 90's?

How about Saddam denying the UN access to their weapons cache.

How about Saddam harboring terrorists?

How about Saddam causing instability in the whole middle east?

Fun Fact I heard on WJR yesterday. If you took the 25 years or so saddam was in office, and divided it by the number of civilians slaughtered, he had an average daily kill rate of 124 per day


Did we have to go to this war? No... It should have been finished the first time we were there.

Did we need to get rid of saddam? Yes. And that has been accomplished.

Has terrorism haulted towards the US since the invasion? YES. Up until the Iraq invasion, we were dealing with terrorism on a monthly basis. The al-qaeda crew is totally worthless now, and their just a bunch of talk.

And don't forget that the war on terror IS working..



I do not believe we would be in Iraq right now if saddam would have came clean and let us/un weapons inspectors in. Its that simple. He was playing the "bluff" card... And we all know how that turned out for him in the end.
http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=5969 does not show the drop, so its safe for work.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #30
Hacksaw
WWSD - What would stan do
 
Hacksaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Isle Of TREASURE, FL
Posts: 11,204
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Bombs are the shit.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #31
87'YJ
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
 
87'YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,651
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The fact that you can't think of any reasons that we should be at war only makes apparent the fact that you have not thought very hard about it.

As Teddy Roosevelt said "Don't hit at all if you can help it; don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep."
New York City, February 17, 1899

The question is, with the facts that our president had (He was told by our intelligence agencies that there were WMDs in Iraq), did he made the best decision he could? Realize that we had tried for years to reason with that madman Saddam (in the same way that we are trying and failing to reason with the leaders of Iran) and he continued to make threats and coax America into a battle, just like he did when he invaded Kuwait. He forced our hand to deal with him. Now that we have won the war, and are occupying land, thats another issue.

Not only that, this was a country that we know supported terrorism not just al queda. In the same way that Iran is today. You do not want a leader that has that kind of power threatening to destroy America (which Saddam did several times). Not to mention that they sit on the life blood of America, oil!

How best can we protect our safety other than being proactive and removing threats before they strike?
87'YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 01:54 PM   #32
MUDQUEEN
Senior Member
 
MUDQUEEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-05
Location: halfway between 'the D' and Chitown
Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Here's a few:

Since WWII we have become the purveyors of democracy and helping other countries. Since we have our hands in just about every other country, doing nothing about Iraq just isn't an option.

Saddam is an evil prick, and needed to be removed from power.

Just about the entire Middle East is a threat to us.

Iraq is dead smack in the middle of the Middle East, therefore offering a strategic area to set-up military operations to fight terrorism in the region.

Pulling our troops out now would ultimately lead to far worse things.

If we can become successful in Iraq with instituting a fully functioning government and safe society, it will be a good model for the rest of the Middle East to modernize.

That's about all I can think of. I do support the war in theory, however I do not support it because of the large financial cost and cost of human life.

Thanks alot! It really does help...I like the strategic location the best, and I kinda agree with it, but will still be able to use it in my paper.
You were a great help with my writers block. I fell asleep last night listening to Patraeus on CNN all they are talking about is not pulling out...( get your minds out of the gutter!!)
I need to write on our whole purpose for being there, not about pulling out of Iraq or not...
MUDQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 01:57 PM   #33
MUDQUEEN
Senior Member
 
MUDQUEEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-05
Location: halfway between 'the D' and Chitown
Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedLove View Post
Here is another side.

The bankers want this war to go on for as long as possible because we will have to borrow funds and pay them back with interest and make the banks rich. Why will the banks be rich you ask? Well they get rich off every war and usually play both sides since both sides need supplies. We can not make our own money to pay for things because the bankers got some legislators in their pocket to create the Fed (Central Bank was the main reason our founding fathers started the Rev war, just a little history background for you) Those same guys, the Fed then decided that Gold was no longer needed and forced US to turn in the gold and just rely on the mount of money being produced and the US word or no as tender. So the banks make us borrow, we go in debt and they get rich so that is as option for pro-war.



O yeah, just another little hitory tidbit . . . a president in the past did make his own notes and said "screw you fed" and well he was assassinated. Bankers are war mongers who love making money


So yeah, different view for you


Good luck with the paper. What class is it for?

Well, to me that helps with a reason not to support the war...which is what I believe. I like your conspiracy theory!!

The class is a critical thinking class.
MUDQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 02:31 PM   #34
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,976
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDQUEEN View Post
Thanks alot! It really does help...I like the strategic location the best, and I kinda agree with it, but will still be able to use it in my paper.
You were a great help with my writers block. I fell asleep last night listening to Patraeus on CNN all they are talking about is not pulling out...( get your minds out of the gutter!!)
I need to write on our whole purpose for being there, not about pulling out of Iraq or not...
No problem Maria!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #35
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,173
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

1. congress overwhelmingly voted to begin this war. everyone needs to hold to their word.

2. what cc said.

3. there were wmd's. a lot of them.
gofastbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 11:29 PM   #36
One Arm Steve
I was born in the desert
 
One Arm Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-20-05
Location: Harrison
Posts: 1,719
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

One Arm Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2007, 08:03 AM   #37
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Its not a war. Its hand-holding. Fixing the country is not our problem.

I agree with the action of eliminating Saddam, but we should have rolled in a lot heavier, did the job, and left - leaving them to figure life the fukc out for themselves. If they don't want piss and sweage in the streets, they should build some sewers.

The ROE are way too light.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2007, 10:27 AM   #38
MUDQUEEN
Senior Member
 
MUDQUEEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-05
Location: halfway between 'the D' and Chitown
Posts: 486
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=5969 does not show the drop, so its safe for work.
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe there's a possibility it was a hoax to make us Americans happy like we accomplished something.
MUDQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2007, 10:32 AM   #39
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDQUEEN View Post
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe there's a possibility it was a hoax to make us Americans happy like we accomplished something.
i wont call you a conspiracy theorist, but i will call you crazy and slightly deluded.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2007, 12:43 PM   #40
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,784
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
i wont call you a conspiracy theorist, but i will call you crazy and slightly deluded.
yeah, don't think outside the box...ever...in a world.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.36169 seconds with 80 queries