sad sad sad - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 11th, 2007, 07:39 AM   #81
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
People in America wouldnt let kids die hungry because we are a giving nation. On the other hand, I shouldnt be FORCED to give more than someone else because I worked hard and earn a good living. I actually would have less problem having the government feed and care for children in poverty if the money didnt go to the parents.

Here is a story of something I saw when I was more young and liberaler(still not a shiftless hippy liberal) and in college. I was helping teach families how to cook and things through this social service in Detroit volunteering my time. I had one lady who had one young son. He was probably about 8 years old. It was working out really well because they lived in my building. First I found out that this lady took her food stamps to the local party store and sold them for half the price to buy drug money. It made sense because her son was always hungry. I would ask him if he ate and he would say yes but when I put food in front of him he would suck it down like he was starving. Then I find out when this stupid crackwhore mother runs out of money to pay for drugs she sells her sons sexual services to this transvestite in the building. I called social services the day I found out and they took that child, aka her paycheck away. I hope she starved somewhere a long time ago and didnt just pop out another baby to repeat the cycle.
That is reality. That is where my tax dollars are going. I have five other similar stories from the social work I did. The only one out of the six families I supported that I felt sympathy for was a family with a severely disable son in a wheelchair. The parents both worked though, they just need care assistance for the son because they couldnt afford the special care daycares.

I am only 34 years old and I have raised two teenage girls and havent had any children of my own. I have waited to be in a stable marriage and financially stable to have children of my own. I shouldnt be punished for making the right choices.

I am not saying we shouldnt help the less fortunate, I am just saying it should be our choice of when and how much to give.
Sorry your bad case when you were younger and more liberal has made the whole system completly worthless in your eyes. O well for the thousands who actually do the right thing . . . I mean since one crackwhore is taking advantage of it we should just AXE it and say screw the ones in need. And on a side note good think there was a government program of Social Services to take that poor kid away, just think what would have happened to him if that social program was taken away.


I'm not for these programs but they do serve a need and I am for taking care of people. These programs have to be put in place because all of the isn't as caring as you say you are and donate so the bastards that could careless are made to donate in the form of taxes.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 11th, 2007, 07:54 AM   #82
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedLove View Post
These programs have to be put in place because all of the isn't as caring as you say you are and donate so the bastards that could careless are made to donate in the form of taxes.
sounds like communism to me, you a commie faggot? shut the fukc up and go back to wherever slimy fucktards like you are spawned from.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 07:57 AM   #83
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
sounds like communism to me, you a commie faggot? shut the fukc up and go back to wherever slimy fucktards like you are spawned from.
No it's called government programs. Who are you and why has McCarthy taken over your body.

Now if I told you where to work and what to do and then maybe gave you some food it would then be called Communism.

Nice retort though, I have come to expect this from you and I just laugh because I am amazed that my tax money goes to your student loans. . . funny.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:00 AM   #84
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

your on my ignore list now asshat. i dont feel like listening to your bullshit today.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:02 AM   #85
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
your on my ignore list now asshat. i dont feel like listening to your bullshit today.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:04 AM   #86
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

UnlimitedLove
This message is hidden because UnlimitedLove is on your ignore list. i bet it was something uber sophisticated and witty.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:17 AM   #87
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,438
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedLove View Post
Sorry your bad case when you were younger and more liberal has made the whole system completly worthless in your eyes. O well for the thousands who actually do the right thing . . . I mean since one crackwhore is taking advantage of it we should just AXE it and say screw the ones in need. And on a side note good think there was a government program of Social Services to take that poor kid away, just think what would have happened to him if that social program was taken away.


I'm not for these programs but they do serve a need and I am for taking care of people. These programs have to be put in place because all of the isn't as caring as you say you are and donate so the bastards that could careless are made to donate in the form of taxes.
Apparently you skipped over the part where I said out of the six families I worked with only one wasnt abusing the system? The story of the little boy was the very worst case, but a lot of them sold their food stamps to get money for beer or drugs. I had two of the mothers actively pursuing getting pregnant again so they could have more income. I also had one of the mothers start to complain about the government restricting time on welfare and was angry that the government expected her to find a job or take training. I mean I had to bust my ass for school so I didnt lose my scholarships and this woman was pissed about getting FREE education.

If we arent a caring nation, what did people do before welfare was in place? I dont remember reading anywhere about masses of poor people starving to death even during the depression.

I have very little symphathy for a lot of people who are on welfare. My mom had me when she was 16 years old and my father died while she was pregnant. She never took any public assistance but instead worked full time and went to school full time and still was a good parent. Yes she had long years of sleeplessness but she provided a good role model for me to follow, and she never once took a hand out. If welfare was for the sick, disabled, or mentally ill I probably wouldnt bitch so much, but all of the people I met on welfare could flip a burger, wait tables, dig ditches, and do any type of job their qualifications allowed. My mom was a 5 ft 2 100lb lumberjack while she was in college because she had to have a job to survive. Where is that attitude among the people dependant upon the system today?
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:20 AM   #88
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
Apparently you skipped over the part where I said out of the six families I worked with only one wasnt abusing the system? The story of the little boy was the very worst case, but a lot of them sold their food stamps to get money for beer or drugs. I had two of the mothers actively pursuing getting pregnant again so they could have more income. I also had one of the mothers start to complain about the government restricting time on welfare and was angry that the government expected her to find a job or take training. I mean I had to bust my ass for school so I didnt lose my scholarships and this woman was pissed about getting FREE education.

If we arent a caring nation, what did people do before welfare was in place? I dont remember reading anywhere about masses of poor people starving to death even during the depression.

I have very little symphathy for a lot of people who are on welfare. My mom had me when she was 16 years old and my father died while she was pregnant. She never took any public assistance but instead worked full time and went to school full time and still was a good parent. Yes she had long years of sleeplessness but she provided a good role model for me to follow, and she never once took a hand out. If welfare was for the sick, disabled, or mentally ill I probably wouldnt bitch so much, but all of the people I met on welfare could flip a burger, wait tables, dig ditches, and do any type of job their qualifications allowed. My mom was a 5 ft 2 100lb lumberjack while she was in college because she had to have a job to survive. Where is that attitude among the people dependant upon the system today?
kerryann, dont give that tool the satisfaction of arguing with him.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:41 AM   #89
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
If we arent a caring nation, what did people do before welfare was in place? I dont remember reading anywhere about masses of poor people starving to death even during the depression.
There are a lot of things in history you probably don't remember reading about.

Some people did die of starvation during the depression.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:42 AM   #90
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

i bet steveo would support a plan of "Survival of the Economically Fittest".
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:45 AM   #91
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
i bet steveo would support a plan of "Survival of the Economically Fittest".
the weak die, the strong survive.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:49 AM   #92
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
If welfare was for the sick, disabled, or mentally ill I probably wouldnt bitch so much, but all of the people I met on welfare could flip a burger, wait tables, dig ditches, and do any type of job their qualifications allowed.
Then they shouldn't be on welfare. Why not change to system instead of just bitching about how bad it is? And if you are trying to change the system then good for you because there is no doubt that it needs to be changed but I don't believe it should be eliminated. Why don't I think it should be eliminated you might ask, well to answer that would be to use your story of your hardworking mother and ask the simple question of "what if she got sick or any other reason that she couldn't work?" should we just let her and more importantly YOU in my eyes (as a child) starve?

Last edited by Chiefwoohaw; September 11th, 2007 at 08:52 AM.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #93
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedLove View Post
Then they shouldn't be on welfare. Why not change to system instead of just bitching about how bad it is?
then go change it and quit bitching about our bitching. i expect results by 3:30 pm
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:57 AM   #94
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
then go change it and quit bitching about our bitching. i expect results by 3:30 pm
I'm on your ignore list, stop reading my post!!

I don't care to change it because even though it's abused it helps a lot of people and I make enough money that I live how I want to live even after taxes so . . . . yup, don't care to change it knowing that it might help just one person.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 09:21 AM   #95
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,438
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I vote straight ticket republican for every election, that is how I try to change the system. I am an IT Manager, not a politician so I do what I can.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 09:23 AM   #96
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,696
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
I see alot of talk about how ignorant people are and lazy etc.....

I see alot of finger pointing and arrogant opionons........

What I dont see is anyone in this thread who has any real truthfull infomation about welfare and how it works. In fact I think it would be safe to say nobody knows what the hell they are talking about. First of all nobody can "live" of welfare, you can't be on if forever, you cant own $100,000 in assets and be on welfare without serious investagtion and or forfiting big ticket items for State to recoup costs. People who get assitance with food and cash are very carefully checked out.

The amount of cash a person can get only pays for a very small amount of your monthly bills. Your rent can be paid by the State in very seriuos need cases but the rent is paid directly to Landlord. Basicly they give you just enough cash to put gas in your car and tolietpaper to wipe your ass. Also when you do get cash they require you to attend "Michigan Works " program, 4 days a week, 6 hours a day and complete 3 job applications 5 days a week.

Point is what about buch of dumb assholes...I dont want to really believe that people are this Ignorant to the needs of other humans.


Another fact...if your tax dollars did not pay for welfare, you would have streets full of the poor stealing from the rich. Crime would skyrocket and the pains of no welfare programs, would far out weigh any taxes put towards welfare. It is in the best intrests of the whole, to take care of the few that can't or won't be productive or thoose who just need a little help.


You really have no idea what your talking about.
Is it safe to say you or someone close to you have been on some sort of welfare?
If so, you just don't know how to 'work' the system.

Your last paragraph, "Another fact"......Is a truly ignorant statement.
Maybe, just maybe, those people would be forced to get a damn job. You know, the ones that all the evil illegal immigrants are stealing from us Americans.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #97
Ditchdigger
Natural Born Wierdo
 
Ditchdigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-14-07
Location: Shanty Creek Michigan
Posts: 102
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
You really have no idea what your talking about.
Is it safe to say you or someone close to you have been on some sort of welfare?
If so, you just don't know how to 'work' the system.

Your last paragraph, "Another fact"......Is a truly ignorant statement.
Maybe, just maybe, those people would be forced to get a damn job. You know, the ones that all the evil illegal immigrants are stealing from us Americans.
Well I was once forced to use our welfare program. So from first hand expereince I speak .....Derrrrrrrrrr ....There is no livable way to "work the system " or noobs like you would be buying my new Caddie..................I am smart......but there is no way.

See your just a cockhead with nothing good to say.

Last edited by Ditchdigger; September 11th, 2007 at 08:42 PM.
Ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #98
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
Well I was once forced to use our welfare program. So from first hand expereince I speak .....Derrrrrrrrrr ....There is no livable way to "work the system " or noobs like you would be buying my new Caddie..................I am smart......but there is no way.

See your just a cockhead with nothing good to say.
dont you have a goat to screw somewhere?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2007, 08:12 AM   #99
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,438
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
Well I was once forced to use our welfare program. So from first hand expereince I speak .....Derrrrrrrrrr ....There is no livable way to "work the system " or noobs like you would be buying my new Caddie..................I am smart......but there is no way.

See your just a cockhead with nothing good to say.
Two families I worked with "worked the system". One was a lady who had one kid with this guy, but she wouldnt put him down as the "baby daddy" on the birth certificate so they wouldnt make him pay child support. He lived with her and worked but she told welfare people that she didnt know who the "baby daddy" was and that she lived alone. Another lady was on welfare but worked under the table to earn extra money. Both of these "ladies" were trying to get pregnant again so their welfare checks would increase.

You could say oh that was 11 years ago so everything has changed, but my cousin in Missouri who is on welfare says she lives on her own and actually lives with her dad. If the government knew she lived with her dad she would get less money.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2007, 08:47 AM   #100
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,696
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
Well I was once forced to use our welfare program. So from first hand expereince I speak .....Derrrrrrrrrr ....There is no livable way to "work the system " or noobs like you would be buying my new Caddie..................I am smart......but there is no way.

See your just a cockhead with nothing good to say.
Sorry Mr.Digger, I'm no noob to "The system".
I've been a landlord for 20+ years, with most of my tenants on some sort of assistance. Wether it was section 8, ADC, welfare.........

From the sound of it, the system helped get you back on your feet, good for you.
But most people and I do mean MOST PEOPLE that are on it, it is abused.

But one thing is forsure, I have nothing good to say about the subject. But I'm not uninformed. A "cockhead" well maybe.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.44245 seconds with 80 queries