sad sad sad - Page 4 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #61
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am all for helping the soldiers who defend our country, but I am not for helping people who just need a hand up. Churches and charity based organizations should fill that role instead of the federal government. I am not opposed to helping people, in fact I donate more money and goods than anyone I know. Those are donations though, not something I am forced to pay.
I make decent money and so does my husband, but why does that mean we owe a greater percentage of our income to the peoples of America?
Finally, you don't know me so dont make assumptions about my beliefs. Thanks.
amen. we should be able to choose to help people, not forced to. why should our sweat and blood help people support a standard of living they cannot afford.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 10th, 2007, 12:05 PM   #62
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am all for helping the soldiers who defend our country, but I am not for helping people who just need a hand up. Churches and charity based organizations should fill that role instead of the federal government. I am not opposed to helping people, in fact I donate more money and goods than anyone I know. Those are donations though, not something I am forced to pay.
I make decent money and so does my husband, but why does that mean we owe a greater percentage of our income to the peoples of America?
Wow, your like double awesome you donate and then you have your money taken away by the government so they can donate. You go girl!
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 12:56 PM   #63
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,446
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedLove View Post
Wow, your like double awesome you donate and then you have your money taken away by the government so they can donate. You go girl!

So you are saying that it makes you a better person if you dont give but just dont care how much you are taxed? I dont really care if anyone thinks I am cool because I give. I do it for two reasons, one is I want to, and second it's a nice tax write off.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #64
artistic_gore
I own @ halo
 
artistic_gore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-05-06
Location: Granite Falls, WA
Posts: 1,128
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to artistic_gore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
it's a nice tax write off.
Can you say itemize








(hopefully the person doing my taxes this year can because there isn't a chance in hell I'll be able to do it on my lonesome with charitable donations and such)
artistic_gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #65
Ditchdigger
Natural Born Wierdo
 
Ditchdigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-14-07
Location: Shanty Creek Michigan
Posts: 102
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I see alot of talk about how ignorant people are and lazy etc.....

I see alot of finger pointing and arrogant opionons........

What I dont see is anyone in this thread who has any real truthfull infomation about welfare and how it works. In fact I think it would be safe to say nobody knows what the hell they are talking about. First of all nobody can "live" of welfare, you can't be on if forever, you cant own $100,000 in assets and be on welfare without serious investagtion and or forfiting big ticket items for State to recoup costs. People who get assitance with food and cash are very carefully checked out.

The amount of cash a person can get only pays for a very small amount of your monthly bills. Your rent can be paid by the State in very seriuos need cases but the rent is paid directly to Landlord. Basicly they give you just enough cash to put gas in your car and tolietpaper to wipe your ass. Also when you do get cash they require you to attend "Michigan Works " program, 4 days a week, 6 hours a day and complete 3 job applications 5 days a week.

Point is what about buch of dumb assholes...I dont want to really believe that people are this Ignorant to the needs of other humans.


Another fact...if your tax dollars did not pay for welfare, you would have streets full of the poor stealing from the rich. Crime would skyrocket and the pains of no welfare programs, would far out weigh any taxes put towards welfare. It is in the best intrests of the whole, to take care of the few that can't or won't be productive or thoose who just need a little help.
Ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:53 PM   #66
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
Another fact...if your tax dollars did not pay for welfare, you would have streets full of the poor stealing from the rich. Crime would skyrocket and the pains of no welfare programs, would far out weigh any taxes put towards welfare. It is in the best intrests of the whole, to take care of the few that can't or won't be productive or who just need a little help.
duh, thats why we have shotguns.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #67
Ditchdigger
Natural Born Wierdo
 
Ditchdigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-14-07
Location: Shanty Creek Michigan
Posts: 102
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

LMAO.....my face hurts from smilling................really


But why a shot gun......how about bowls of Mac and Cheese laced with rat killer. And you could put em all over the ghettos on plywood tables balanced over milkcrates.
Ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:05 PM   #68
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
LMAO.....my face hurts from smilling................really


But why a shot gun......how about bowls of Mac and Cheese laced with rat killer. And you could put em all over the ghettos on plywood tables balanced over milkcrates.
and then shotgun them when the rat poison makes their guts swell up real bad. maybe we could catch them in livetraps, ship them to mexico, then shotgun the crud out of them.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:38 PM   #69
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,858
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
I see alot of talk about how ignorant people are and lazy etc.....

I see alot of finger pointing and arrogant opionons........

What I dont see is anyone in this thread who has any real truthfull infomation about welfare and how it works. In fact I think it would be safe to say nobody knows what the hell they are talking about. First of all nobody can "live" of welfare, you can't be on if forever, you cant own $100,000 in assets and be on welfare without serious investagtion and or forfiting big ticket items for State to recoup costs. People who get assitance with food and cash are very carefully checked out.

The amount of cash a person can get only pays for a very small amount of your monthly bills. Your rent can be paid by the State in very seriuos need cases but the rent is paid directly to Landlord. Basicly they give you just enough cash to put gas in your car and tolietpaper to wipe your ass. Also when you do get cash they require you to attend "Michigan Works " program, 4 days a week, 6 hours a day and complete 3 job applications 5 days a week.

Point is what about buch of dumb assholes...I dont want to really believe that people are this Ignorant to the needs of other humans.


Another fact...if your tax dollars did not pay for welfare, you would have streets full of the poor stealing from the rich. Crime would skyrocket and the pains of no welfare programs, would far out weigh any taxes put towards welfare. It is in the best intrests of the whole, to take care of the few that can't or won't be productive or thoose who just need a little help.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #70
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,446
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
I see alot of talk about how ignorant people are and lazy etc.....

I see alot of finger pointing and arrogant opionons........

What I dont see is anyone in this thread who has any real truthfull infomation about welfare and how it works. In fact I think it would be safe to say nobody knows what the hell they are talking about. First of all nobody can "live" of welfare, you can't be on if forever, you cant own $100,000 in assets and be on welfare without serious investagtion and or forfiting big ticket items for State to recoup costs. People who get assitance with food and cash are very carefully checked out.

The amount of cash a person can get only pays for a very small amount of your monthly bills. Your rent can be paid by the State in very seriuos need cases but the rent is paid directly to Landlord. Basicly they give you just enough cash to put gas in your car and tolietpaper to wipe your ass. Also when you do get cash they require you to attend "Michigan Works " program, 4 days a week, 6 hours a day and complete 3 job applications 5 days a week.

Point is what about buch of dumb assholes...I dont want to really believe that people are this Ignorant to the needs of other humans.


Another fact...if your tax dollars did not pay for welfare, you would have streets full of the poor stealing from the rich. Crime would skyrocket and the pains of no welfare programs, would far out weigh any taxes put towards welfare. It is in the best intrests of the whole, to take care of the few that can't or won't be productive or thoose who just need a little help.
I went to wayne state and while I was there I did some social work. I saw the abuses of the welfare system first hand so I know that your idealistic welfare policies dont mean anything in the real world. I think if you stopped giving people a hand out they would learnto earn money. There has been a lot of study on the cycle of dependancy, you should look into it.
by the way, I know nothing about welfare but I do have a cousin living in Missouri is on welfare and popping out little fatherless children like a rabbit.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #71
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,948
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
I see alot of talk about how ignorant people are and lazy etc.....

I see alot of finger pointing and arrogant opionons........

What I dont see is anyone in this thread who has any real truthfull infomation about welfare and how it works. In fact I think it would be safe to say nobody knows what the hell they are talking about. First of all nobody can "live" of welfare, you can't be on if forever, you cant own $100,000 in assets and be on welfare without serious investagtion and or forfiting big ticket items for State to recoup costs. People who get assitance with food and cash are very carefully checked out.

The amount of cash a person can get only pays for a very small amount of your monthly bills. Your rent can be paid by the State in very seriuos need cases but the rent is paid directly to Landlord. Basicly they give you just enough cash to put gas in your car and tolietpaper to wipe your ass. Also when you do get cash they require you to attend "Michigan Works " program, 4 days a week, 6 hours a day and complete 3 job applications 5 days a week.

Point is what about buch of dumb assholes...I dont want to really believe that people are this Ignorant to the needs of other humans.


Another fact...if your tax dollars did not pay for welfare, you would have streets full of the poor stealing from the rich. Crime would skyrocket and the pains of no welfare programs, would far out weigh any taxes put towards welfare. It is in the best intrests of the whole, to take care of the few that can't or won't be productive or thoose who just need a little help.
If you click your heels together 3 times, do you end up back in Kansas or do you just stay there in fantasyland?
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:29 PM   #72
junk90xj
ALLPRO AUTO
 
junk90xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: lansing
Posts: 4,558
iTrader: (47)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

i have a question for you...........................................


if pro is the opposite of con what does that make progress to congress?


progress
congress

__________________
http://www.apalansing.com/
junk90xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #73
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I went to wayne state
quick question - how did you pay for college?

I sure as hell hope you busted your ass and paid your own way because I will be astonished if someone like you who is a hater of all government programs applied for student loans which is a GOVERNMENT PROGRAM (just incase you didn't realize)
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:22 PM   #74
artistic_gore
I own @ halo
 
artistic_gore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-05-06
Location: Granite Falls, WA
Posts: 1,128
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to artistic_gore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedLove View Post
quick question - how did you pay for college?

I sure as hell hope you busted your ass and paid your own way because I will be astonished if someone like you who is a hater of all government programs applied for student loans which is a GOVERNMENT PROGRAM (just incase you didn't realize)
She'll pay back her student loans. There not a hand out which I believe is what is being discussed here, or did I miss something?
artistic_gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #75
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistic_gore View Post
She'll pay back her student loans. There not a hand out which I believe is what is being discussed here, or did I miss something?
Your correct its not a hand out but it is government assistance which = the devil for some people.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:46 PM   #76
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,446
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedLove View Post
quick question - how did you pay for college?

I sure as hell hope you busted your ass and paid your own way because I will be astonished if someone like you who is a hater of all government programs applied for student loans which is a GOVERNMENT PROGRAM (just incase you didn't realize)

I received academic and debate scholarships, but loans arent hand outs. Responsible people pay them back with interest. If the government didnt offer student loans private companies would and do.

Just to clarify- I received no student loans. I also worked full time while going to college and still graduated early.

Last edited by kerryann; September 10th, 2007 at 11:06 PM.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:04 PM   #77
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,446
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedLove View Post
If you actually took a second to read the post I was talking about the children and how they have no say. So we should just let them die? Are you all for the Iraq war? I mean why would you want to help Iraqis when you let innocent kids die?

People in America wouldnt let kids die hungry because we are a giving nation. On the other hand, I shouldnt be FORCED to give more than someone else because I worked hard and earn a good living. I actually would have less problem having the government feed and care for children in poverty if the money didnt go to the parents.

Here is a story of something I saw when I was more young and liberaler(still not a shiftless hippy liberal) and in college. I was helping teach families how to cook and things through this social service in Detroit volunteering my time. I had one lady who had one young son. He was probably about 8 years old. It was working out really well because they lived in my building. First I found out that this lady took her food stamps to the local party store and sold them for half the price to buy drug money. It made sense because her son was always hungry. I would ask him if he ate and he would say yes but when I put food in front of him he would suck it down like he was starving. Then I find out when this stupid crackwhore mother runs out of money to pay for drugs she sells her sons sexual services to this transvestite in the building. I called social services the day I found out and they took that child, aka her paycheck away. I hope she starved somewhere a long time ago and didnt just pop out another baby to repeat the cycle.
That is reality. That is where my tax dollars are going. I have five other similar stories from the social work I did. The only one out of the six families I supported that I felt sympathy for was a family with a severely disable son in a wheelchair. The parents both worked though, they just need care assistance for the son because they couldnt afford the special care daycares.

I am only 34 years old and I have raised two teenage girls and havent had any children of my own. I have waited to be in a stable marriage and financially stable to have children of my own. I shouldnt be punished for making the right choices.

I am not saying we shouldnt help the less fortunate, I am just saying it should be our choice of when and how much to give.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:07 PM   #78
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedLove View Post
The programs are not bad its the lack of control of those programs is what is bad.
I agree. I was just being a wise ass.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #79
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
People in America wouldnt let kids die hungry because we are a giving nation. On the other hand, I shouldnt be FORCED to give more than someone else because I worked hard and earn a good living. I actually would have less problem having the government feed and care for children in poverty if the money didnt go to the parents.

Here is a story of something I saw when I was more young and liberaler(still not a shiftless hippy liberal) and in college. I was helping teach families how to cook and things through this social service in Detroit volunteering my time. I had one lady who had one young son. He was probably about 8 years old. It was working out really well because they lived in my building. First I found out that this lady took her food stamps to the local party store and sold them for half the price to buy drug money. It made sense because her son was always hungry. I would ask him if he ate and he would say yes but when I put food in front of him he would suck it down like he was starving. Then I find out when this stupid crackwhore mother runs out of money to pay for drugs she sells her sons sexual services to this transvestite in the building. I called social services the day I found out and they took that child, aka her paycheck away. I hope she starved somewhere a long time ago and didnt just pop out another baby to repeat the cycle.
That is reality. That is where my tax dollars are going. I have five other similar stories from the social work I did. The only one out of the six families I supported that I felt sympathy for was a family with a severely disable son in a wheelchair. The parents both worked though, they just need care assistance for the son because they couldnt afford the special care daycares.

I am only 34 years old and I have raised two teenage girls and havent had any children of my own. I have waited to be in a stable marriage and financially stable to have children of my own. I shouldnt be punished for making the right choices.

I am not saying we shouldnt help the less fortunate, I am just saying it should be our choice of when and how much to give.
its people like you that do more good than welfare. on a side note, i get federal student aide to help pay for college. i get a whopping 2500 dollars a year that i will pay back with interest. my cost of attendance is 17k a year, and it just went up. the rest i pay out of pocket and with alt. loans. anyone who groups student aide in with welfare is a dumb shithead.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #80
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
its people like you that do more good than welfare. on a side note, i get federal student aide to help pay for college. i get a whopping 2500 dollars a year that i will pay back with interest. my cost of attendance is 17k a year, and it just went up. the rest i pay out of pocket and with alt. loans. anyone who groups student aide in with welfare is a dumb shithead.
You love reading into stuff.

But anyone that can't see that student loans and welfare are both government programs should have their student loans taken away because are a dumb shithead.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.42771 seconds with 80 queries